ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 240
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's not just 2 minute drills. Its the way this team too often turns into garbage when we get a lead. I keep hoping mahomes will reach a point where he can check out of bad situational playcalls or freelance out of it. I don't think that's happened yet. Throwing short passes up the middle in the last minute was vintage Reid wtf playcalling.
Maybe because you can't throw it to the sideline where all the defenders are?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:43 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
When you're behind, you can't really worry about that though. He's playing for a TD to win.
Exactly. This is fucking retarded.
[Reply]
O.city 01:47 PM 11-21-2018
I mean I guess you could play for a long time consuming drive there and try not to give the ball back, but first and foremost when you're behind you've gotta score. Can't really think about that
[Reply]
RunKC 01:48 PM 11-21-2018
When you're behind, you can't really worry about that though. He's playing for a TD to win.
Bill Belichick sure thought about it in New England when he handed us that L.

Tyreek scored so quickly that his team had plenty of time to run the clock down and get a FG to win.
And that’s what they did.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 01:50 PM 11-21-2018
Totally disagree. When you have a high powered offense running up and down the field all night a TD is probable and a FG guaranteed at that point. It was all about the clock with them having zero timeouts and only a three point lead.

It's not IF we were going to score, but WHEN.
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bill Belichick sure thought about it in New England when he handed us that L.

Tyreek scored so quickly that his team had plenty of time to run the clock down and get a FG to win.
And that’s what they did.
Sure, he ran it down and kicked a fg to win. Chiefs could have done that to tie, but you're still going to overtime.

I dunno. Maybe Reid fucked up, but with that much time left, I don't think you really can worry about it.
[Reply]
O.city 01:54 PM 11-21-2018
You could have started to do it once you got into field goal range maybe. But then you're playing for a FG.
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Totally disagree. When you have a high powered offense running up and down the field all night a TD is probable and a FG guaranteed at that point. It was all about the clock with them having zero timeouts and only a three point lead.

It's not IF we were going to score, but WHEN.
But they hadn't been in the 2nd half. The d had been keeping them fairly in check if not for the turnovers.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:01 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Reid is from the Midwest. Duh.

'ol tubby will probably cry when he thinks about coming home and winning a SB

me too
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid

Originally Posted by :
Born in Los Angeles, California, Reid attended John Marshall High School and worked as a vendor at Dodger Stadium as a teenager. He also played youth sports in East Hollywood at Lemon Grove Recreation Center, and among his coaches was Pete Arbogast, who is the radio announcer for the USC football team, and formerly the radio play-by-play man for the Cincinnati Bengals. In 1971, at age 13, Reid appeared live on Monday Night Football during the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition.[3] Reid played offensive tackle at Glendale Community College in Glendale, California.[4] Reid played offensive tackle at Brigham Young University from 1978 to 1980 where he was a teammate of Jim McMahon

[Reply]
O.city 02:02 PM 11-21-2018
Theres the whole momentum thing there too if you believe in that sort of thing.

If you decide to slow it down and try to turn out that last what, 3;50, you run the risk of stalling out. Then you're kind of stuck.

I just can't fault him for that. He's down 3 on the road and he plays for the TD and put your D back on the field.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:04 PM 11-21-2018
Theres the whole momentum thing there too if you believe in that sort of thing.

If you decide to slow it down and try to turn out that last what, 3;50, you run the risk of stalling out. Then you're kind of stuck.

I just can't fault him for that. He's down 3 on the road and he plays for the TD and put your D back on the field.
There’s not a coach in the league that would’ve handled that any differently.

The only way you run clock is if a FG wins it in that situation.

RunKC is a buttfucking moron trying desperately to put this loss on Andy.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:04 PM 11-21-2018
Maybe because you can't throw it to the sideline where all the defenders are?
On the Peters INT, everyone was deep/sideline.

No intermediate routes in the middle that were WIDE OPEN.

Full.
Reidtard.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:06 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There’s not a coach in the league that would’ve handled that any differently.

The only way you run clock is if a FG wins it in that situation.

RunKC is a butt****ing moron trying desperately to put this loss on Andy.
It was a perfect storm of myriad variables, but Reid doesn't EVER handle the clock right in big games that are close.

It's stupefying.
[Reply]
straycash 02:06 PM 11-21-2018
Andy needs that SB, he's a good coach and seems nice.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:07 PM 11-21-2018
Is there a single fanbase out there that thinks, "Man, my coach has great clock management?"

Maybe the Pats, but I think that's more Brady than it is the coaching staff. Belichick doesn't call plays. Does he even have an earpiece in Brady's helmet?

I'm pretty sure everyone else is going to say, "God, our head coach is terrible at clock management!"

Close losses happen in the NFL. Every coach has a bad loss or two or more. Reid has coached a long time. He's accumulated many close losses.

I'm not giving him an excuse whatsoever. I'm just saying that if people are still hoping Andy Reid leaves/retires soon, I don't think they're exactly going to be delighted with the clock management skills of the replacement, either.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 240
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up