ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>CNN's Jeffrey Toobin addresses Zoom masturbation scandal in awkward return to network
TLO 02:18 PM 06-10-2021
CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin returned to the airwaves Thursday for the first time since his embarrassing Zoom masturbation incident in October, thanking the liberal network for not firing him and saying he felt the New Yorker's termination of him was excessive.

Toobin, who was swiftly fired from The New Yorker last year for his conduct, listened as daytime anchor Alisyn Camerota had the painfully awkward "honors" of describing what happened and its consequences. Toobin was witnessed by colleagues exposing himself and masturbating on a staff Zoom call, leading to widespread ridicule of the veteran journalist.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Camerota asked during the in-person interview, not a Zoom one.

"Well, obviously, I wasn't thinking very well or very much, and it was something that was inexplicable to me. I think one point -- I wouldn't exactly say in my defense, because nothing is really in my defense. I didn't think I was on the call. I didn't think other people could see me," he said.

"You thought that you had turned off your camera?" she asked.

"Correct. I thought that I had turned off the Zoom call. Now, that's not a defense. This was deeply moronic and indefensible. But I mean, that is part of the story. And you know, I have spent the seven subsequent months, miserable months in my life, I can certainly confess, trying to be a better person," he said.

Toobin said he had done volunteer work and had repeatedly apologized to his colleagues. He said he felt lucky to still be with CNN, who he first joined in 2002.

Camerota, noting Toobin had covered the "sexual proclivities" of such public figures as Bill Clinton and Anthony Weiner, wondered why he hadn't demonstrated better judgment. She also asked how those on the call might have felt to see him exposed like that.

"Because I'm a flawed human being who makes mistakes, and you know, there is no defense for my conduct," he said. "The only issue is what should be the consequences, and the 'New Yorker' made one decision about the consequences. CNN made a different decision, fortunately, for which I'm very grateful, but I am not going to come up here and, you know, split hairs and try to come up with justifications or explanations. It was wrong. It was stupid. And I'm trying to be a better person."

Toobin claimed The New Yorker's investigation before its firing found no other complaints against him, although this wasn't his only sex scandal. Toobin fathered a child in 2009 with Casey Greenfield, the daughter of Toobin's onetime CNN colleague Jeff Greenfield.

Toobin urged Greenfield to have an abortion and was later taken to court after he denied the child was his. Toobin was forced to take a DNA test which proved that he was the child's biological father and was ordered to pay child support.

"Do you think … that the punishment fits the crime?" Camerota asked of his firing.

"I am the worst person to ask that question," he said. "I mean, obviously, I love The New Yorker. I loved working there. I felt like I was a very good contributor to that magazine for a very long time, and I thought this punishment was excessive, but look, you know, that's why they don't ask the criminal to be the judge in his own case. I mean, I thought it was an excessive punishment. I'm incredibly grateful to CNN for taking me back."

Toobin eventually addressed Supreme Court issues, including liberal pressure on Justice Stephen Breyer to retire.

"Jeffrey, many of us have really missed having your legal analysis to guide us on our programs, so let me be the first to welcome you back," Camerota said.

"Thank you. It is good to be back, and I hope to be a better person off camera as well as on camera," Toobin said.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:46 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Do you figure he had more than two choices (1: "face the music", 2: not work) here? He obviously couldn't just hide away like a rat, if he wanted to get paid.
No. Not when it came to CNN. Either face it or retire/fired and go away from the public eye. He could've found work elsewhere possibly.

You have another suggestion?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:52 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
No. Not when it came to CNN. Either face it or retire/fired and go away from the public eye. He could've found work elsewhere possibly.

You have another suggestion?

Yes, my suggestion:

Have the honor and dignity not to go back to the company where you were caught beating the bishop during a video group meeting.
[Reply]
Eureka 07:20 PM 06-10-2021
Yes, my suggestion:

Have the honor and dignity not to go back to the company where you were caught beating the bishop during a video group meeting.
I could agree with that suggestion.

He chose otherwise and it doesn't surprise me.

Recently had a co-worker who works at a different site get shitface drunk on the job. It was later in the evening but there were enough people around to notice him stumbling around barely able to walk. At one point his pants dropped. Some people reported him and all he got was a two week vacation. Company didn't fire the guy. :-)
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:03 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You can jack off in front of your female co-workers. But there’s one unforgivable sin:

Marc Lamont Hill fired from CNN after his speech on Israel draws outrage
LOL. “If you think like us you’ll be fine.”
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:32 PM 06-10-2021
I could agree with that suggestion.

He chose otherwise and it doesn't surprise me.
It doesn't surprise me, either. These people have no honor or real moral code. What I was responding to was your excusing him and saying that you could "respect his actions". There was absolutely nothing worthy of respect in what he did by coming back to take the cash, IMO. And I expect that, quietly, some of the people who saw the yank fest feel the same way.

Recently had a co-worker who works at a different site get shitface drunk on the job. It was later in the evening but there were enough people around to notice him stumbling around barely able to walk. At one point his pants dropped. Some people reported him and all he got was a two week vacation. Company didn't fire the guy. :-)
A drunk accidentally losing his pants is a lot different than a sober man deliberate flogging his log during a company meeting.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:51 PM 06-10-2021
It doesn't surprise me, either. These people have no honor or real moral code. What I was responding to was your excusing him and saying that you could "respect his actions". There was absolutely nothing worthy of respect in what he did by coming back to take the cash, IMO. And I expect that, quietly, some of the people who saw the yank fest feel the same way.

I see what you're saying. All good points.

A drunk accidentally losing his pants is a lot different than a sober man deliberate flogging his log during a company meeting.
I think this drunk at work situation could have affected more people then dude beating his meat at home. The drunk stumbled to his car and drove home. Both situations are pretty stupid and I think we can agree on that.
[Reply]
Bump 08:52 PM 06-10-2021
CNN has zero standards or integrity, water is also wet.
[Reply]
BDj23 11:38 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You can jack off in front of your female co-workers. But there’s one unforgivable sin:

Marc Lamont Hill fired from CNN after his speech on Israel draws outrage

To be fair, Marc Lamont Hill is a notorious anti-white, so I don't really care.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:45 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
To be fair, Marc Lamont Hill is a notorious anti-white, so I don't really care.
Have you ever considered that he's not and you're just a little bitch?

Because you should.
[Reply]
BDj23 11:49 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:

Because you should.
Ok captain white guilt
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:54 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
So, he's:

1. Weird;
2. Stupid; and,
3. Fat.

Does he have any redeeming qualities?
yeah . he is desperate and willing to say anything. I bet you could convince Jeff to say that white supremacy is the greatest threat to global climate change. he would do it.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:59 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I mean, what was so arousing he couldn’t wait until the meeting was over?
Biden apologizing for Tulsa massacre even though black people totally started that shit
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:26 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:

Because you should.
Low iq.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 12:39 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Ok captain white guilt
Why would I feel guilt for something I wasn't responsible for?
[Reply]
Sorry 01:45 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
Biden apologizing for Tulsa massacre even though black people totally started that shit
Yeah cause black people deserve to be slaughtered. You inbred pink skinned bitch
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up