ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Louie Gohmert (R-TX) asks if the Forestry Service or the BLM can alter the orbit
Mephistopheles Janx 07:03 PM 06-09-2021
OF THE FUCKING PLANET in an effort to combat climate change.

ORBITS: Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) asks whether the Forest Service or the BLM can alter the orbit of the moon or the Earth in order to fight climate change during a House Natural Resources hearing pic.twitter.com/yYiOyi2cMZ

— Forbes (@Forbes) June 8, 2021

[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:11 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
So much for him "trolling". He was literally asking the Bureau of Land Management to manage the earth a little further away from the sun. :-)
The idea that a Congressman would engage in trolling during a committee meeting or hearing is ridiculous. Possibly MTG would do such a thing, as she appears to have the mental capacity and maturity of a middle schooler. I don't think anyone else would.

And MTG wouldn't either, as she has no committee assignments.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:21 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
The idea that a Congressman would engage in trolling during a committee meeting or hearing is ridiculous. Possibly MTG would do such a thing, as she appears to have the mental capacity and maturity of a middle schooler. I don't think anyone else would.

This.

Our CPDC RWers are just trying to pretend that he was joking, like they did everytime 45 did or said something particularly stupid.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:25 PM 06-10-2021
Yeah, let's focus on the "BLM" part of his statement, and not the part where he talks about changing the orbit of the fucking Earth. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:27 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Yeah, let's focus on the "BLM" part of his statement, and not the part where he talks about changing the orbit of the ****ing Earth. :-)
Maybe Superman can help us?
[Reply]
digger 07:53 PM 06-10-2021
OF THE FUCKING PLANET in an effort to combat climate change.

You posted a new Thread before knowing what he was doing.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:12 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by digger:
You posted a new Thread before knowing what he was doing.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

You posted a reply before seeing he doubled down!

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

[Reply]
digger 08:23 PM 06-10-2021
You posted a reply before seeing he doubled down!

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

You still don't get it...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
petegz28 08:26 PM 06-10-2021
Yeah, let's focus on the "BLM" part of his statement, and not the part where he talks about changing the orbit of the ****ing Earth. :-)
He's just trying to keep islands from tipping over......DUH!
[Reply]
jdubya 08:31 PM 06-10-2021
Learn to speak English and it will be explained to you. Until then, itís kind of like trying to explain to a dog why he canít live on a diet of cheese. Itís an impossible task.
English? You're in America now....speak Spanish
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:06 PM 06-10-2021

Oh no of course, you libs are always well above cheap stunts

[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 10:33 PM 06-10-2021
Changing the orbit of the earth is something humans can do. I don't think we could do it fast enough to mitigate the negative consequences of pumping mega tons of carbon in our atmosphere though. It is a long process but we certainly can do it. If we are still around and as technologically advanced as we are today we will likely eventually alter the orbit of the earth to mitigate the negative consequences of our sun going into its "red giant" phase....that is if we don't stop the sun from turning into a red giant in the first place(something we should also be capable of doing).

Discussing changing the orbit of the earth isn't a ridiculous discussion. It is a discussion that is inevitably going to happen if we are around long enough.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:12 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Changing the orbit of the earth is something humans can do. I don't think we could do it fast enough to mitigate the negative consequences of pumping mega tons of carbon in our atmosphere though. It is a long process but we certainly can do it. If we are still around and as technologically advanced as we are today we will likely eventually alter the orbit of the earth to mitigate the negative consequences of our sun going into its "red giant" phase....that is if we don't stop the sun from turning into a red giant in the first place(something we should also be capable of doing).

Discussing changing the orbit of the earth isn't a ridiculous discussion. It is a discussion that is inevitably going to happen if we are around long enough.
Maybe someday it will be possible. Right now, it is obviously not. Gohmert might as well ask if we can use teleportation to reduce the burning of fossil fuels.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 10:48 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:

1. Please explain the mechanisms by which Human Beings can:

A. Change the Earth's orbit;
B. Prevent the Sun from becoming a red giant.

2. I could have sworn you said that human beings were going to become extinct relatively soon. Hmmmm. No, wait, I'm sure you said it.
[Reply]
Fish 10:55 AM 06-11-2021
1. Please explain the mechanisms by which Human Beings can:

A. Change the Earth's orbit;
B. Prevent the Sun from becoming a red giant.

2. I could have sworn you said that human beings were going to become extinct relatively soon. Hmmmm. No, wait, I'm sure you said it.
Technically it's theoretically possible. It would just take more time and energy than what's really feasible. Here's a boring calculation of how much time and energy would be required to change the Earth's orbit..

Gohmert's still a moron though..
[Reply]
digger 12:04 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:

Gohmert's still a moron though..

Bring in Actor Bill Nye "The Science Guy", you know an "expert"...

Oh The Dems did that...

https://news.yahoo.com/bill-nye-test...202000173.html

:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up