ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>So Blackrock is buying all of our available housing
Chiefspants 10:33 AM 06-09-2021
Here's the link to the full WSJ article: https://outline.com/stat1k/wrzXss.html

This is eviscerating the housing market in CO right now. A couple of my close friends (an engineer and a pharmacist) are getting outbid by 20-50K with each house they try to buy due to this practice.

This feels like it could absolutely impact the potential for upward mobility in this country.

Repost police stick it where it counts.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:09 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The working people in this scenario are my friends. The engineer and the pharmacist. They are unable to buy houses due to investment firms buying them. They are about to try to put a bid on their ninth house. Their last one they got outbid by 50K, a house that got sold 70K over the asking price.

If you feel investment firms and Wall Street are what makes America great, you do you, partner.
This. His statement has to be one of the most tone deaf I have read on this board in a long time and that's saying quite a bit.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:03 AM 06-10-2021
You will own Nothing.

And you will be Happy

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:40 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I do wonder what the long term implications to all of this are as there is no way this is sustainable at least politically.
Agreed. This is another step towards the torches-and-pitchforks revolt that will be necessary to keep the US from becoming a banana republic. It's not left vs. right, it's the rich vs. everyone else.
[Reply]
Cosmos 07:52 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
People who refuse to go to work and live on Bidens unemployment tit sit around and bitch about working people buying houses.
This comment is plain lazyÖ
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:29 AM 06-10-2021

I wonder if you would be singing this tune if Blackrock was buying homes in Israel to be sold to Arab families. https://t.co/kcUOIMEROT

— RAMZPAUL (@ramzpaul) June 10, 2021

[Reply]
BDj23 08:42 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
People who refuse to go to work and live on Bidens unemployment tit sit around and bitch about working people buying houses.
Boomerpost
[Reply]
penguinz 08:42 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Elections have consequences
Ignorance has bigger consequences.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:00 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Correct on basically all points. But, also an impossibility it would ever come to be.
True. And they'll just keep printing all the money they need to buy them. I mean they made trillions in naked selling which Trump was working on getting back with Munchkin. Another reason they had to get rid of him.
[Reply]
notorious 09:12 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Pubes cut their taxes.
Yep, Pubs are exactly what the Dems call them when it comes to big business.

Itís no shock that big money goes to the least-taxed investment paths. The incentive needs to be removed.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You will own Nothing.

And you will be Happy

Scary stuff.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:26 AM 06-10-2021
You guys should pick-up Peter Schweitzer's book on how the American political class hides corruption and enriches family and friends. He calls one "Smash & Grab" corruption, where they destroy whole industries, to pick them up for a song later and "Corruption by Proxy" where foreign govts enrich family members of our representatives in order to get access and influence over them. It's well documented and it's not just going on at the national level either. He covers Chicago.

Looks to me like the whole Covid lockdown approach, unprecedented was a use of "Smash & Grab" corruption. Also, there's the Cloward & Piven approach.

It's called Secret Empires. He has a follow-up book too.
Another good one is Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.
We're rarely told much or the whole story on such things.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:30 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep, Pubs are exactly what the Dems call them when it comes to big business.

Itís no shock that big money goes to the least-taxed investment paths. The incentive needs to be removed.
When capital gains was increased in the past, it also hurt a lot of smaller guys too.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 09:32 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Agreed. This is another step towards the torches-and-pitchforks revolt that will be necessary to keep the US from becoming a banana republic. It's not left vs. right, it's the rich vs. everyone else.
Your most sane post ever.
[Reply]
F150 09:33 AM 06-10-2021
https://www.blackrock.com/institutio...6&view=perfNav

Anyone can invest in a blackrock managed fund.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:34 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
When capital gains was increased in the past, it also hurt a lot of smaller guys too.
The problem is that the corruption you've alluded to in your other posts will prevent your proposed solution (anti-trust suits) from stopping this practice. A government filled with ex-Blackrock cronies are not going to bring a lawsuit against Blackrock. They lobbied to fill those positions with cronies to prevent that from happening.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up