ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>So Blackrock is buying all of our available housing
Chiefspants 10:33 AM 06-09-2021
Here's the link to the full WSJ article: https://outline.com/stat1k/wrzXss.html

This is eviscerating the housing market in CO right now. A couple of my close friends (an engineer and a pharmacist) are getting outbid by 20-50K with each house they try to buy due to this practice.

This feels like it could absolutely impact the potential for upward mobility in this country.

Repost police stick it where it counts.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:12 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Mnuchin also staffed his treasury with ex-Blackrock cronies and made his fortune with this exact practice during the recession.
Indeed he did. Mnuchin is a disgusting creature and Fat Donny hired him.

But he’s not the only one in Tramp’s orbit looking to take advantage of American pain in the housing market. Right after he secured abiut 20 pardons for Chabad Lubavitch In December, our old friend Jared Kushner flew to Israel and raised $100M in bonds. Purpose? To buy foreclosures in America.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-coming-months
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:18 PM 06-09-2021
An investment firm bought my old house
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:23 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The main problem with the housing market right now is we had new construction was almost non existent for 10 years. Banks weren't lending money for spec homes and contractors weren't taking the leap. Millennials now are in their 30s and are looking for homes. No new construction has made existing jump in price. And the China Virus Scam has made building materials sky rocket.
That may be true in some places but here in the Austin area they can't build houses fast enough. The growth over the 20 years I have been here is amazing. The sign on the way into my suburb showed 3,300 some odd for the population. We now have a sign that shows 56,000! That is a lot of houses built in the last 2 decades!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:25 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Brian Deese, director of Biden’s National Economic Council, stepped down from his position at BlackRock Inc. to become the White House frontman in the fight to push a stimulus through a Congress deeply divided over the substance and price tag of the rescue package.
Are you under the impression this practice would have been curtailed at all under 45’s second term?

I think it’s clear both parties are the enemy here. Do you disagree?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Smells like the great reset's stated plan that we will not own anything; that we'll be renting stuff from globalist corporations.

Anyone here getting calls from companies offering to buy your home and they'll pay all the closing fees and everything will be done fast? I am and fairly often. Same for my little apartment building that has a cash flow paying my mortgage on my personal dwelling plus extra left-over.
And if you won't sell, watch them jack up the tax rate or insurance premiums next.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:31 PM 06-09-2021
Smells like the great reset's stated plan that we will not own anything; that we'll be renting stuff from globalist corporations.

Anyone here getting calls from companies offering to buy your home and they'll pay all the closing fees and everything will be done fast? I am and fairly often. Same for my little apartment building that has a cash flow paying my mortgage on my personal dwelling plus extra left-over.
Wife got a weird one the other day. They called saying they were asking about the property we listed at such and such address. Wife said "sorry, you must have the wrong number" and the gal on the phone asked something about if we were interested in selling our home...

Wife hung up. But that was weird.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:14 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Owning several rental properties I get them all the time. Most are investor's looking to make a quick buck by low balling desperate sellers.

They are a freaking nuisance. But what really is frightening is someone contacted my daughter about a 4 plex I own. She is not on the loan or title and has no affiliation other than being my daughter.
Ick! About the daughter being called. Yes, many of them are looking for low-ball deals. But I don't know where they are getting the money to pay all the closing costs etc. My annoyance is they are not using scrubbed lists but must be calling from a phone directory and my home phone is on the national do not call list. I'd love to see a $10k fine sic'd on them, but I don't bother to report them because it's a pain-in-the-ass to go through with it. I usually tell them I am on that list and it's enough. Except, one called again a week later.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:16 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And if you won't sell, watch them jack up the tax rate or insurance premiums next.
If that starts I'll sell the apartment building which is paid for, and pay off my home. There should be enough to cover any increases in those things too. Not that I want to do that. I wanted to keep the apartment building for retirement income some day.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:21 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
An investment firm bought my old house
This is happening all over. In Joplin investment companies out of KC have been paying cash for houses as soon as they hit the market. Its insane.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:24 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This is happening all over. In Joplin investment companies out of KC have been paying cash for houses as soon as they hit the market. Its insane.
Between this and Gates owning so much farmland, the major media owned by 5 or 6 corporations, it's scary. Bezos own satellites. These things look like they want to control too many things we need to live. What next cars? Can anti-trust suits stop 'em?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:28 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Hammer them with capital gains tax.

Give the little guy a chance.
Pubes cut their taxes.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:30 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Pubes cut their taxes.
Biden wants to move it up to something like 45%. Be careful what you wish for. If you sell your home someday or need to cash in an investment to cover a problem. You will have a big chunk taken by the state.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:34 PM 06-09-2021
Can anti-trust suits stop 'em?
Biden wants to move it up to something like 45%. Be careful what you wish for. If you sell your home someday or need to cash in an investment to cover a problem. You will have a big chunk taken by the state.

So you want them stopped with lawsuits, but not taxes?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:35 PM 06-09-2021
Anti-trust suits overseen by... whom?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:36 PM 06-09-2021
Such taxes hurt all of us.

Other than that, I just want anti-trust laws enforced.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up