ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>VP Harris getting roasted over comment "We've been to the border"
petegz28 08:40 AM 06-08-2021
WATCH: Internet Erupts Over Kamala Harrisí Response To Grilling By NBC For Claiming Admin Has Been To Border

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...been-to-border

Vice President Kamala Harris ignited a firestorm online on Tuesday morning after she claimed during an interview with NBC News that the administration has been to the border amid President Joe Bidenís border crisis, which prompted quick pushback from host Lester Holt.

PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT:

LESTER HOLT: Why will it be successful this time if it wasnít in the past?

KAMALA HARRIS: Well, I think there was success about what happened in the past. And again, when you look at what weíre doing now youíre seeing progress. And so letís not overlook progress.

HOLT: Let me just quickly put a button. Do you have any plans to visit the border?

HARRIS: At some point, you know, we are going to the border. Weíve been to the border. So this whole thing about the border. Weíve been to the border. Weíve been to the border.

HOLT: You havenít been to the border.

HARRIS: And I havenít been to Europe. And I mean, I donít understand the point that youíre making. Iím not discounting the importance of the border.

HOLT: Well, I mention it because I know Republicans have certainly come at you on this. But Democratic Congressman Cuellar, has a border district, has said to you and president, ďCome. You need, you need to see this.

HARRIS: I care about, listen, I care about whatís happening at the border. Iím in Guatemala because my focus is dealing with the root causes of migration. There may be some who think that that is not important, but it is my firm belief that if we care about whatís happening at the border, we better care about the root causes and address them. And so thatís what Iím doing.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:59 PM 06-09-2021
Harris says Mexico's refusal to take back migrant families was not discussed during trip
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/har...grant-families

:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:04 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Harris says Mexico's refusal to take back migrant families was not discussed during trip
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/har...grant-families

ďIt comes after a visit during which Harris announced a wealth of initiatives that will primarily benefit Mexico and the Northern Triangle countries of Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, but that the administration believes will contribute to tackling the "root causes" behind migration such as poverty, climate change and violence in Central America.

On Monday, in Guatemala, Harris touted U.S. investments in agribusiness, affordable housing and Guatemalan entrepreneurs. The U.S. recently announced $310 million in aid to the region, as part of a $4 billion planned investment in Central America.

She announced a young womenís empowerment initiative to increase education and employment among women and girls, as well as task forces to combat human trafficking, drug smuggling and corruption. She said she had had "frankí discussions with the Guatemalans on the question of fighting corruption.Ē

Letís just throw more money down the drain at these shithole countries

[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:01 PM 06-09-2021
Why don't Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala simply impose a $15 an hour minimum wage within their countries?
[Reply]
seamonster 03:37 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Why don't Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala simply impose a $15 an hour minimum wage within their countries?
No rule of law. 3rd world countries are ran by force and lies and voting machines.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:38 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
No rule of law. 3rd world countries are ran by force and lies and voting machines.

[Reply]
Otter 08:21 PM 06-09-2021

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:31 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
So the living wage is out?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:51 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by :
Democrat President Joe Biden’s crisis on the U.S.-Mexico border sank to new lows last month as U.S. law enforcement officials apprehended more illegal aliens trying to enter the U.S. than in any other month on record at the Department of Homeland Security, which was founded in 2002.

“In May 2021, CBP encountered 180,034 persons attempting entry along the Southwest Border,” U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a statement. “Single adults continue to make up the majority of these encounters.”

The disastrous border numbers for last month represented a staggering 674% increase vs. May of 2020 when 23,237 illegal aliens were apprehended. Last month’s numbers were the worst numbers in more than two decades...
Biden Border Crisis Sinks To Worst Level In DHS History, Explodes 674% Over Last Year

And, in Texas, Abbott has had enough.

One of several announcements made by the governor today, Abbott said the State of Texas will begin building the border wall.

MORE: https://t.co/bLYpXY8NEh pic.twitter.com/CL5hro9JIn

— KVUE News (@KVUE) June 10, 2021

[Reply]
vailpass 06:57 PM 06-10-2021
Good. If the federal government is going to abandon their responsibility to secure our borders the states should be able to do so.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:59 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Good. If the federal government is going to abandon their responsibility to secure our borders the states should be able to do so.

There will be a lawsuit filed, and an injunction sought. Abbott's probably hoping to get that 5th SCOTUS vote to overrule the 4 liberals.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:08 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
There will be a lawsuit filed, and an injunction sought. Abbott's probably hoping to get that 5th SCOTUS vote to overrule the 4 liberals.
I have no doubt the current federal regime will let not this one go uncontested.
[Reply]
Eureka 07:13 PM 06-10-2021
Did Kamala say "do not come" in Spanish as well?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:06 PM 06-10-2021
OOF: Kamala Harris Hits Univision Anchor With “I’m Not Finished”

[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:39 AM 06-11-2021
Libs?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up