ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>VP Harris getting roasted over comment "We've been to the border"
petegz28 08:40 AM 06-08-2021
WATCH: Internet Erupts Over Kamala Harrisí Response To Grilling By NBC For Claiming Admin Has Been To Border

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...been-to-border

Vice President Kamala Harris ignited a firestorm online on Tuesday morning after she claimed during an interview with NBC News that the administration has been to the border amid President Joe Bidenís border crisis, which prompted quick pushback from host Lester Holt.

PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT:

LESTER HOLT: Why will it be successful this time if it wasnít in the past?

KAMALA HARRIS: Well, I think there was success about what happened in the past. And again, when you look at what weíre doing now youíre seeing progress. And so letís not overlook progress.

HOLT: Let me just quickly put a button. Do you have any plans to visit the border?

HARRIS: At some point, you know, we are going to the border. Weíve been to the border. So this whole thing about the border. Weíve been to the border. Weíve been to the border.

HOLT: You havenít been to the border.

HARRIS: And I havenít been to Europe. And I mean, I donít understand the point that youíre making. Iím not discounting the importance of the border.

HOLT: Well, I mention it because I know Republicans have certainly come at you on this. But Democratic Congressman Cuellar, has a border district, has said to you and president, ďCome. You need, you need to see this.

HARRIS: I care about, listen, I care about whatís happening at the border. Iím in Guatemala because my focus is dealing with the root causes of migration. There may be some who think that that is not important, but it is my firm belief that if we care about whatís happening at the border, we better care about the root causes and address them. And so thatís what Iím doing.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:25 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t mind her going there looking for root causes. But her mistake is blowing off the border problems in the US and talking to the people that have to live down there and deal with it on a daily basis
The root cause, beyond our insecure border, is irrelevant. It's not the job of the U.S. to keep pissing away our resources and treasure in order to fix the rest of the world.
[Reply]
FAX 02:28 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
They are almost 100% economic refugees. And Iíd do the same thing. That doesnít mean we donít need to secure our borders. Not that youíre saying differently.
I, like many rational people, believe in a secure and properly managed border, Mr. vailpass.

I unhesitatingly support legal immigration (depending on the policy du jour) but am opposed to illegal immigration (aka incursion) ... as is, by the way, my amigo, Javier.

FAX
[Reply]
vailpass 03:06 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
I, like many rational people, believe in a secure and properly managed border, Mr. vailpass.

I unhesitatingly support legal immigration (depending on the policy du jour) but am opposed to illegal immigration (aka incursion) ... as is, by the way, my amigo, Javier.

FAX
Amigo acordado.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:14 PM 06-08-2021
America can help those countries and shut down the boarder. We are capable of doing both.

There should be a system in place for people who just want to come work for a bit but that presents a whole list of other problems.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:18 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
There should be a system in place for people who just want to come work for a bit

Other than when it involves highly specialized areas that are of vital/existential national interest, why should such a system be in place?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:19 PM 06-08-2021
I unhesitatingly support legal immigration

You want to become a minority?
[Reply]
redshirt32 03:20 PM 06-08-2021
This VP is in way over her head, alot better heels up if you dare go there.
What a cluster f Admin /Joebama come on man......
[Reply]
FAX 03:21 PM 06-08-2021
America can help those countries and shut down the boarder. We are capable of doing both.

There should be a system in place for people who just want to come work for a bit but that presents a whole list of other problems.
I can think of only three (3) ways to oust a corrupt dictatorship.

None of them are particularly easy.

And none involve taking their citizens into our country then encouraging them to send taxpayer money back to their nation of origin.

FAX
[Reply]
Eureka 03:33 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Other than when it involves highly specialized areas that are of vital/existential national interest, why should such a system be in place?
Well it's a complex issue but something like if a meat packing company needs a large amount of workers or a farming company Seasonal work etc. A program could be in place for them to return home etc.

Maybe, there is already a program like that.

I can think of only three (3) ways to oust a corrupt dictatorship.

None of them are particularly easy.

And none involve taking their citizens into our country then encouraging them to send taxpayer money back to their nation of origin.

FAX
Do we send in the Army?

I think it starts with education investment for the youth and will take a generation to develop.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:40 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I agree. If you're coming here for a job, you can become a citizen within a month.

If you're not, you can go back where you came from.
You want an immigrant to have voting rights a month after arrival?
[Reply]
TLO 03:42 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
Hypocrite blowjob queen...

She's so unlikable.
[Reply]
FAX 03:48 PM 06-08-2021
Well it's a complex issue but something like if a meat packing company needs a large amount of workers or a farming company Seasonal work etc. A program could be in place for them to return home etc.

Do we send in the Army?

I think it starts with education investment for the youth and will take a generation to develop.
Javier told me that a kid from his town typically makes around 1,000 Pesos Per Week when working a "normal" (typically labor) job.

However, the local cartel will offer that same kid 2,000 Peso Per Day just to stand in a specific place and make a phone call when an "unknown" someone enters the territory.

1,000 Pesos is the equivalent of about 50 USD and won't even support a single person in Mexico.

Whereas 2,000 Pesos Per Day can support a family.

Therein lies the rub.

Were I king, I would recommend an end to the "War On Drugs". Legalize dope and tax it. Remove the profit incentive.

FAX
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:50 PM 06-08-2021

We already have a program like that. It's called hiring U.S. citizens.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:07 PM 06-08-2021
A New York Times reporter said Tuesday that conservatives were "going crazy" over Vice President Kamala Harris’ answer about why she hasn’t visited the southern border but still asked if they had a point.

"Republicans and conservatives are going crazy on Twitter," Times reporter Katie Rogers said during Tuesday’s White House briefing with press secretary Jen Psaki.

Yet she asked if conservatives have a point since Harris was chosen by President Biden to manage the border crisis.

"Does the president think there is a scenario in which she should visit the border? And also the mounting criticism from conservatives, would that ever factor [into] a decision to send her down there? I mean, don't they have a point that if she has this task in front of her, should she not see the end cause as well as the root cause of the problem?" Rogers asked.

Psaki replied Harris might still go to the border but isn’t aware of any plans that she will.

"I will say we're not taking advice from former President Trump or most of the Republicans who are criticizing us on this … We're not taking our guidance and advice from them," Psaki said. "But if it is constructive and it moves the ball forward for her to visit the border, she certainly may do that."

Harris created an uproar in an interview with NBC News that aired on Tuesday, when she couldn’t answer why she hasn’t visited the southern border.

The vice president claimed multiple times "we have been to the border," appearing to reference other administration officials. That prompted NBC anchor Lester Holt to respond that specifically Harris had not been to the border.

"And I haven't been to Europe. I mean, I don't understand the point you are making," she replied, laughing.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:09 PM 06-08-2021
Kamala is either trolling conservatives or her handlers screwed up by not having Harris say, "my team has been to the border".
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up