ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>VP Harris getting roasted over comment "We've been to the border"
petegz28 08:40 AM 06-08-2021
WATCH: Internet Erupts Over Kamala Harrisí Response To Grilling By NBC For Claiming Admin Has Been To Border

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...been-to-border

Vice President Kamala Harris ignited a firestorm online on Tuesday morning after she claimed during an interview with NBC News that the administration has been to the border amid President Joe Bidenís border crisis, which prompted quick pushback from host Lester Holt.

PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT:

LESTER HOLT: Why will it be successful this time if it wasnít in the past?

KAMALA HARRIS: Well, I think there was success about what happened in the past. And again, when you look at what weíre doing now youíre seeing progress. And so letís not overlook progress.

HOLT: Let me just quickly put a button. Do you have any plans to visit the border?

HARRIS: At some point, you know, we are going to the border. Weíve been to the border. So this whole thing about the border. Weíve been to the border. Weíve been to the border.

HOLT: You havenít been to the border.

HARRIS: And I havenít been to Europe. And I mean, I donít understand the point that youíre making. Iím not discounting the importance of the border.

HOLT: Well, I mention it because I know Republicans have certainly come at you on this. But Democratic Congressman Cuellar, has a border district, has said to you and president, ďCome. You need, you need to see this.

HARRIS: I care about, listen, I care about whatís happening at the border. Iím in Guatemala because my focus is dealing with the root causes of migration. There may be some who think that that is not important, but it is my firm belief that if we care about whatís happening at the border, we better care about the root causes and address them. And so thatís what Iím doing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:33 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I was in Guatemala on a mission trip for my church in 2017. The problems on the ground there are multiple, complex and painful. They are just getting over a 40 year civil war that ended in like 1996. In the 40 years, literally an entire generation was virtually wiped out, so now you have either very old adults or very young adults trying to run a corrupt country. The villages are spread out over mountains, there are over 10 Mayan languages that they speak, and before the military built roads to go and kill everyone, they were largely out of communication. So there is language barriers and cultural barriers along with everything else.

Alcoholism is rampant amongst the young men who are poorly educated and desperate, but unable to earn a living. I mean, these people are ****ing poor, unlike anything we've seen here in the US.

Water is gold. We installed filtration systems down there, which the local churches sold the people for 30.00 each...and they took payments on them because people don't have 30.00 whole dollars to give for something like that. The school system can only use the major water companies in Guatemala (Agua Pura in the place we were) for clean water, which costs. Basically, we have Big Tobacco, they have Big Water. The Church is trying to build water treatment plants in some of the villages...but there is genuine fear of sabotage or worse.

They are a people largely without hope or direction. The ones we stayed with were happy, simple farmers who had cement structures to live in, some had dirt floors and the livestock was in and out of the "house" that they lived in. But we were urged not to show them pictures of our homes in the US, because they would look at us and assume we were millionaires.

Point is, it's about a ton more than "just jobs". That is a country that is ****ed up beyond all recognition politically. If you think the US is corrupt (and it is), go spend some time down in Guatemala, or Honduras, or El Salvador. It's a beautiful part of the world that has been completely screwed up beyond all recognition by many different forces for many different years. I was there for only 12 days, and it opened the **** outta my eyes.

Yeah, these people are desperate. Yeah, they want a better life, and yeah, they'll scrape as much money as they can to sneak in to America for a year or two because they will make more at under the table slave wages in America in a year then they will in a lifetime back home.

I'm not saying screw them. I'm saying, we have to enforce our border, and somehow encourage those governments to fix their shit. It's not going to happen overnight, and Kamala going down there to look at "root causes" is ****ing stupid as hell.
I donít mind her going there looking for root causes. But her mistake is blowing off the border problems in the US and talking to the people that have to live down there and deal with it on a daily basis
[Reply]
Pawnmower 01:34 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Harris is a pretty dis-likable person.

However, if we want to stem the tide of people trying to invade our country, we need to address the root of the problem, which is dumpster fire countries in Central and South America.

So she isn't exactly wrong here.

I think she is wrong. And I think anyone saying we need to fix central and south america is wrong. We need
to secure our border. Period. There is only so much we can do to promote stability and trade with those countries.
We absolutely have to lock our border down as a 1st step towards anything. For example, if you believe health care
should be universal or even if you dont and you want to lower our health care costs for all -- making sure illegals do
not over burden our system has got to be priority #1. trying to fix other countries does not work out for the USA.
We get the blame for anything that goes wrong.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:36 PM 06-08-2021
Both Republicans and Democrats are always worried about this border thing. Worried about who's gonna take our jerbs and whos being kept in cages. I don't really give a shit either way. Just allow work visas and eliminate minimum wage. Win win. Alot of these people take jobs that nobody here want to do anyway, and as long as they are paying taxes on earnings what do I care.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:43 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Both Republicans and Democrats are always worried about this border thing. Worried about who's gonna take our jerbs and whos being kept in cages. I don't really give a shit either way. Just allow work visas and eliminate minimum wage. Win win. Alot of these people take jobs that nobody here want to do anyway, and as long as they are paying taxes on earnings what do I care.
Yea lets just open the borders, fuck it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:43 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Both Republicans and Democrats are always worried about this border thing. Worried about who's gonna take our jerbs and whos being kept in cages. I don't really give a shit either way. Just allow work visas and eliminate minimum wage. Win win.
No, it's not a win/win.

If you were a real libertarian, you'd argue for ending the welfare state and any other paid for subsidies that lure illegals like most of them do. As a matter of fact, just about everything would also be privatized and each property owner would get to decide his own policy. You also skip over the fact this is organized by big players at the top including the UN. You can see the UN kiosks in many of the backgrounds of the pictures where you see these large gatherings. Plus there is now a treaty. It's "replacement migration"—not illegal immigration.

Funny how these "migrants" are carrying lots of cash, cell phones, brand new clothes or even designer clothes. Cartels are making more trafficking children and others but such a human rights violation is not something you appear to criticize. Doesn't that violate one of the fundamentals of libertarianism?

Originally Posted by :
Alot of these people take jobs that nobody here want to do anyway, and as long as they are paying taxes on earnings what do I care.
That's one of those over-generalized claims that are meaningless like trust "the science." There's approximately over 460 industries in this country and the jobs claimed no one wants to do affects only about 10% of them.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 01:48 PM 06-08-2021
Ban borders.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:49 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
No, it's not a win/win.

If you were a real libertarian, you'd argue for ending the welfare state and any other paid for subsidies that lure illegals like most of them do. As a matter of fact, just about everything would also be privatized and each property owner would get to decide his own policy. You also skip over the fact this is organized by big players at the top including the UN. You can see the UN kiosks in many of the backgrounds of the pictures where you see these large gatherings. Plus there is now a treaty. It's "replacement migration"—not illegal immigration.

Funny how these "migrants" are carrying lots of cash, cell phones, brand new clothes or even designer clothes. Cartels are making more trafficking children and others but such a human rights violation is not something you appear to criticize. Doesn't that violate one of the fundamentals of libertarianism?



That's one of those over-generalized claims that are meaningless like trust "the science." There's approximately over 460 industries in this country and the jobs claimed no one wants to do affects only about 10% of them.
Why are you so focused on this libertarian thing? You always say libertarian this, libertarian that. Noone fits in the mold of one ideology or thing.

As far as the welfare state, I am against welfare if it pertains to being poor due to bad choices such as having too many kids, general laziness, or bad choices but for those with mental health or physical issues I am all for it. Nonetheless, welfare is such a small cost compared to almost every other thing we spend money on such as our robust and ridiculous military spending. Military spending is one of the greatest threats to our budget, taxes, and the biggest cause of our fiscal irresponsibility.

Imagine how low our taxes would be if we just spent the most amount on military in the world, and not BY FAR AND LARGE way more on military than any other country that exists in the world.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:56 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
I think she is wrong. And I think anyone saying we need to fix central and south america is wrong. We need
to secure our border. Period. There is only so much we can do to promote stability and trade with those countries.
We absolutely have to lock our border down as a 1st step towards anything. For example, if you believe health care
should be universal or even if you dont and you want to lower our health care costs for all -- making sure illegals do
not over burden our system has got to be priority #1. trying to fix other countries does not work out for the USA.
We get the blame for anything that goes wrong.
Yep.
[Reply]
FAX 02:00 PM 06-08-2021
I have a friend whose name is Javier Gonzalez. He's a painter-type person who immigrated to the US legally and has a nice family (wife/3 niŮos) and a thriving business.

He says Climate Change has nothing to do with immigration. He says that the Mexican and SA governments are so corrupt that individual hope has diminished to near-zero levels. He attributes the migrant flood to this corruption, the potential promise of social benefits upon arrival, and the expectation of a better life. (I'm not talking about infiltrating terrorists, here ... just normal, average, Latin American personas.)

To give you an idea, his grandmother lives in a Southern Mexico town (I forget the nombre del pueblo) that is controlled 100% by a local cartel boss. This cartel boss dude actually lives several doors down from grandma and there are occasional shootouts on the street as other cartels try to take over boss dude's territory. After a grenade recently blew up the house across the street, Javier's uncles built grandma a bunker. A freaking bunker, now ... in her house. That way, she can take cover when the shooting starts.

And what does the government do about this continuing activity? Nada.

To be perfectly frank, I'd find a way to escapar that crap as well.

Perhaps the solution is to arm and train all hispanic grandmas. But that seems somewhat escalatory.

FAX
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:04 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
I have a friend whose name is Javier Gonzalez. He's a painter-type person who immigrated to the US legally and has a nice family (wife/3 niŮos) and a thriving business.

He says Climate Change has nothing to do with immigration. He says that the Mexican and SA governments are so corrupt that individual hope has diminished to near-zero levels. He attributes the migrant flood to this corruption, the potential promise of social benefits upon arrival, and the expectation of a better life. (I'm not talking about infiltrating terrorists, here ... just normal, average, Latin American personas.)

To give you an idea, his grandmother lives in a Southern Mexico town (I forget the nombre del pueblo) that is controlled 100% by a local cartel boss. This cartel boss dude actually lives several doors down from grandma and there are occasional shootouts on the street as other cartels try to take over boss dude's territory. After a grenade recently blew up the house across the street, Javier's uncles built grandma a bunker. A freaking bunker, now ... in her house. That way, she can take cover when the shooting starts.

And what does the government do about this continuing activity? Nada.

To be perfectly frank, I'd find a way to escapar that crap as well.

Perhaps the solution is to arm and train all hispanic grandmas. But that seems somewhat escalatory.

FAX
Arming the abeulas is a fantastic first start. Throwing sandals doesn't quite work like it used to.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:05 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
I think she is wrong. And I think anyone saying we need to fix central and south america is wrong. We need
to secure our border. Period. There is only so much we can do to promote stability and trade with those countries.
We absolutely have to lock our border down as a 1st step towards anything. For example, if you believe health care
should be universal or even if you dont and you want to lower our health care costs for all -- making sure illegals do
not over burden our system has got to be priority #1. trying to fix other countries does not work out for the USA.
We get the blame for anything that goes wrong.
Why? Our meddling down there working to destabilize countries is a huge part of why it is the way it is now.

Our war on drugs has further made it worse by giving power to the lawless.

This isn't an either or for me, BTW. We should also be doing everything we can to secure our border.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:06 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I donít mind her going there looking for root causes. But her mistake is blowing off the border problems in the US and talking to the people that have to live down there and deal with it on a daily basis
I agree totally. Point is, I'm just some schmuck from Nebraska and I know all you need to know about why that place is so fucked up. Not specifics of course, but enough.

She needs to be on the border to see first hand what our border patrol and law enforcement are dealing with. She does NOT need to make some trip to Guatemala where the realities will be hidden from her (like she cares anyway) just to give the appearance that she's "doing something".
[Reply]
vailpass 02:18 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
I have a friend whose name is Javier Gonzalez. He's a painter-type person who immigrated to the US legally and has a nice family (wife/3 niŮos) and a thriving business.

He says Climate Change has nothing to do with immigration. He says that the Mexican and SA governments are so corrupt that individual hope has diminished to near-zero levels. He attributes the migrant flood to this corruption, the potential promise of social benefits upon arrival, and the expectation of a better life. (I'm not talking about infiltrating terrorists, here ... just normal, average, Latin American personas.)

To give you an idea, his grandmother lives in a Southern Mexico town (I forget the nombre del pueblo) that is controlled 100% by a local cartel boss. This cartel boss dude actually lives several doors down from grandma and there are occasional shootouts on the street as other cartels try to take over boss dude's territory. After a grenade recently blew up the house across the street, Javier's uncles built grandma a bunker. A freaking bunker, now ... in her house. That way, she can take cover when the shooting starts.

And what does the government do about this continuing activity? Nada.

To be perfectly frank, I'd find a way to escapar that crap as well.

Perhaps the solution is to arm and train all hispanic grandmas. But that seems somewhat escalatory.

FAX
They are almost 100% economic refugees. And Iíd do the same thing. That doesnít mean we donít need to secure our borders. Not that youíre saying differently.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:22 PM 06-08-2021
It's also time to streamline the immigration process. There is no reason for it to take years to become a citizen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:24 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
It's also time to streamline the immigration process. There is no reason for it to take years to become a citizen.
I agree. If you're coming here for a job, you can become a citizen within a month.

If you're not, you can go back where you came from.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up