ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>J Whit does some good work
HonestChieffan 06:38 AM 06-08-2021

Here's some news mixed with a powerful column. Please read and share. https://t.co/eizK6bGo1X

— Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) June 8, 2021

[Reply]
LOCOChief 07:10 AM 06-08-2021
His best yet. He hit the nail on the head with what ails this country. The good news is this battle was fought and won over 2000 years ago. Why fear an enemy that’s already defeated.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:34 AM 06-08-2021
Religious faith is the key to a happy, healthy country. That's why the Middle East is a region of peace and prosperity, and those godless heathens in Scandinavia occupy a Hell on Earth.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:42 AM 06-08-2021
Wow, if someone had told me 10 years ago that Jason Whitlock would be a voice of reason on social issues in this country, I would have laughed them out of the room.

Pretty amazing stuff from Whit.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:16 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Religious faith is the key to a happy, healthy country. That's why the Middle East is a region of peace and prosperity, and those godless heathens in Scandinavia occupy a Hell on Earth.
Perhaps you haven't heard my "three things that make people assholes" rule:

1) Heat
2) Humidity
3) Lack of green grass to walk in (sand and rock)

Add to it that the world's happiest countries are "cold" countries, it's pretty clear that religion has little to do with it, it's the environment you live in that makes you an asshole.

And if you look at the ~4000 miles horizontal miles in the "center" (2000 miles north of, and 2000 miles south of), you'll find the world's shittiest places and peoples.

Not all, so it's a generality, but I think it's solid evidence that heat makes people angry and ultimately shitty people.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:22 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Perhaps you haven't heard my "three things that make people assholes" rule:

1) Heat
2) Humidity
3) Lack of green grass to walk in (sand and rock)

Add to it that the world's happiest countries are "cold" countries, it's pretty clear that religion has little to do with it, it's the environment you live in that makes you an asshole.

And if you look at the ~4000 miles horizontal miles in the "center" (2000 miles north of, and 2000 miles south of), you'll find the world's shittiest places and peoples.

Not all, so it's a generality, but I think it's solid evidence that heat makes people angry and ultimately shitty people.
There is something to that, but with a few exceptions, less religious countries tend to be "happier", regardless of geography.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:35 AM 06-08-2021
There is something to that, but with a few exceptions, less religious countries tend to be "happier", regardless of geography.
I'd say the general rule there is that Muslims tend to be the least happy "religious" people out there. Hindus and Buddhist tend to be the most peaceful, it's the Muslims who generally want to kill everybody for not being a Muslim.

In b4 "Christians are the worst people ever because of conquest". :-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:37 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'd say the general rule there is that Muslims tend to be the least happy "religious" people out there. Hindus and Buddhist tend to be the most peaceful, it's the Muslims who generally want to kill everybody for not being a Muslim.

In b4 "Christians are the worst people ever because of conquest". :-)
But non-religious people are generally happier than all of them, including Christians.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:42 AM 06-08-2021
But non-religious people are generally happier than all of them, including Christians.
Cool weather does tend to make people happy. It's people living in the heat that tend to feel the need to claim that cold sucks. All while they run from one air conditioned place to the next. With a ride in an Air Conditioned car in between. That's why heaven is usually depicted as a cool cloud and hell is hot.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/re...210035590.html

The top 20 happiest countries in the world

Finland

Iceland

Denmark

Switzerland

Netherlands

Sweden

Germany

Norway

New Zealand

Austria

Israel

Australia

Ireland

United States

Canada

Czech Republic

Belgium

United Kingdom

China

France
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:52 AM 06-08-2021
The level of religiosity isn't the metric so much as the level of religious conflict, and those who have claimed to have eschewed religiosity because they're not part of a 'church' need to be introspective about how religious they are about their political conflicts.
[Reply]
srvy 01:40 PM 06-09-2021
Hard to keep up with Whitlock. Seems like a few months ago he was part of Outkick.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:47 PM 06-09-2021
Not living your life according to rules made up by crazy people tends to be a good thing.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:26 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Not living your life according to rules made up by crazy people tends to be a good thing.
Well there is also the concept that if you don't have to concern yourself with the potential perils awaiting you in the afterlife you might not give a **** about anything.

I don't in any way buy into the concept non religious people are happier in general anyway. Most truly religious people I know are the most grounded, reasonable, happy, good people.

Radical atheist appear to be the most unhappy people I have encountered, along with liberals. They are almost all miserable from what I can tell.

Frankly I don't really know that many assholes except on here. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:27 PM 06-09-2021
Jason "knows" Jesus.:-):-)

I have noticed a positive and deeper take on life in general i.e. to his writings and on air commentary in the last few years and now we know why.:-)

Whether this is re-kindled or recent conversion to Christ, praise be to Jesus that Jason has come home !!:-):-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:30 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
need to be introspective about how religious they are about their political conflicts.
Most definitely because 'atheism' is a religion so say's the courts.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up