ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Next show to be needlessly rebooted is... *DRUMROLL*
Mephistopheles Janx 11:32 PM 06-07-2021
Frasier.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/enter...ntl/index.html

I don't know about you but I know I feel as if there is still so much more to explore about Frasier and I, for one, can't wait for the cameo opportunities this opens up.

/sarcasm
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:58 PM 06-07-2021
Frasier was a great show but there’s really no way they can replicate anything close to what they had in the 90s now. No John Mahoney makes it even more questionable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:00 AM 06-08-2021
Anyone wanna bet there's a dude fuckin' an alligator?
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:37 AM 06-08-2021
Frasier was an original and funny show that peaked and then gracefully bowed out. This reboot will fail quickly, just like the below--

After Mash, The Odd Couple with Matthew Perry, Ironside (2013), Dallas (2012) that had Larry Hagman / crypt keeper reprising his JR Ewing role, and Fantasy Island with Malcolm McDowell were all unnecessary and sucked royal ass.
[Reply]
morphius 07:12 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Frasier was an original and funny show that peaked and then gracefully bowed out. This reboot will fail quickly, just like the below--

After Mash, The Odd Couple with Matthew Perry, Ironside (2013), Dallas (2012) that had Larry Hagman / crypt keeper reprising his JR Ewing role, and Fantasy Island with Malcolm McDowell were all unnecessary and sucked royal ass.
Yup, and this time it doesn't really have a recent Cheers lead in that helped bring in a starting audience.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 07:35 AM 06-08-2021
A reboot of Wonder Years is coming as well
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:56 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
A reboot of Wonder Years is coming as well
I always thought of the Goldbergs as a Wonder Years reboot.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:02 AM 06-08-2021
I used to watch a ton of sitcoms when I was a kid, but almost none of them hold up rewatching them as an adult. Frasier is still good though. Clever one liners mixed with classic comedy of errors plots is a winning combination.






p.s. Rob Zombie is remaking The Munsters.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ro...-the-munsters/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:12 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I used to watch a ton of sitcoms when I was a kid, but almost none of them hold up rewatching them as an adult. Frasier is still good though. Clever one liners mixed with classic comedy of errors plots is a winning combination.


[Reply]
Mennonite 09:14 AM 06-08-2021
/masturbates to the tune of yakety sax
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:26 AM 06-08-2021
Frasierwas a different show. Written more like a play than a sit com.

Night court is on its way back. New version of Saved by the bell.
90210 failed. Murphy Brown was shit. Mad ABout you was more of an update.

Loved those shows, dont need them to be the woke version (Will and Grace) More about taking digs at Trump than comedy.

#dontrebootTwister.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:24 PM 06-08-2021
Didnít watch then, wonít watch now.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:04 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Didnít watch then, wonít watch now.

Give the episode "Ham Radio" a shot at least. It's good.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:17 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Yup, and this time it doesn't really have a recent Cheers lead in that helped bring in a starting audience.
Itís only on Paramount + so lead ins donít matter
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:35 AM 06-09-2021
Next show to be needlessly rebooted is...

ALF
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up