Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>So things appear to be going well in Israel
banyon 03:02 PM 05-11-2021
28 Reported Dead In Gaza From Israeli Airstrikes; Gaza Rockets Kill 3 In Israel

May 11, 20212:13 PM ET
Becky Sullivan
BECKY SULLIVAN

An Israeli firefighter walks next to cars hit by a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip, in the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon on Tuesday.
Ariel Schalit/AP

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/11/99587...ll-2-in-israel

Israel warned that airstrikes on Gaza would continue over the coming days as at least 28 Palestinians and three Israelis were reported killed amid rising cross-border violence sparked by clashes in Jerusalem.

A confrontation on Friday between Israeli police and Palestinian demonstrators at the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem's Old City has escalated rapidly since the weekend, leaving Israelis and Palestinians alike bracing for more violence as the holy month of Ramadan comes to a close this week.

Over the last two days, Palestinian militants fired hundreds of rockets from Gaza toward Jerusalem and coastal Israeli cities, including Tel Aviv. Israel has responded with scores of airstrikes it says are targeting militants in Gaza. Israeli officials say they are preparing to expand their offensive.

Two Israelis were killed Tuesday when rockets struck two houses in the port city of Ashkelon. Another rocket hit an empty school that had been ordered closed due to the risk of strikes. A rocket barrage Tuesday night killed a third Israeli in the Tel Aviv suburb Holon.

Some rockets have been intercepted by the Israeli army's missile defense system, while others fell short and landed within Gaza.

Article continues after sponsor message

Early Tuesday morning, Israeli warplanes and drones conducted at least 130 airstrikes over Gaza. Officials with the Israel Defense Forces said they targeted operatives from Hamas and Islamic Jihad, killing 15, including the chief of Islamic Jihad's special rocket unit.

Health officials in Gaza said 28 people have been killed in the strikes, including at least 10 children. More than 150 Palestinians in Gaza have been injured, they said.

The border between Gaza and Israel has been closed to journalists due to the rocket fire.

Israel's army chief of staff has ordered the military to prepare to widen its operation against Gaza "with no time limit." At a press briefing Tuesday, Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz told reporters Israel plans to "deal a hard blow to Hamas" in the coming days, referring to the militant Palestinian group which governs Gaza.

The recent round of violence erupted after weeks of tension in Jerusalem, where Israeli police had routinely confronted Palestinian protesters, mostly around the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in the Old City. The mosque is located in an area known to Muslims as Haram al-Sharif, or the Noble Sanctuary, and to Jews as the Temple Mount. Anti-Arab Jewish gangs have contributed to the unrest, attacking groups of Palestinians.

Beginning Friday, Israeli police have used stun grenades, rubber-coated bullets and water cannons to disperse the growing crowds of demonstrators. The Palestinian Red Crescent emergency medical service says more than a thousand Palestinians have been injured since Friday, with hundreds hospitalized. Roughly a dozen Israeli police officers have been hurt.

The escalation in violence prompted international calls for calm and criticism from Israel's Arab neighbors.

Jordan's foreign minister Ayman Safadi was in Washington over the weekend, where he met with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken. Speaking to reporters ahead of their meeting, Blinken urged both sides to de-escalate.

"We're very focused on the situation in Israel, West Bank, Gaza, very deeply concerned about the rocket attacks that we're seeing now, that they need to stop, they need to stop immediately," Blinken said ahead of the meeting with Safadi.

U.S. National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan also met with Safadi during his visit to Washington, and spoke by phone with his Israeli counterpart to urge calm and denounce violence.

NPR's Daniel Estrin in Jerusalem contributed reporting.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:56 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes, Trump was over the top in his support of Israel, but none of what we're seeing go on in the world right now happened while he was POTUS. That isn't even debatable.
Originally Posted by Donger:
The "Palestinians" fired rockets at Israel every year during Trump's presidency.
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Fair. They've fired rockets into Israel ever since they've had rockets.
:-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:58 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
It is a fair question.

Retarded Joe bending to Iran and taking their cock up his ass emboldens this kind of behavior.

The chimp Joe is fueling fire in the ME. No question in that.

Where does Hamas get their funding? Where do they get their rockets?
:-)
^moron just making shit up
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:01 PM 05-11-2021
Joe has already said he's a zionist right?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:05 PM 05-11-2021
WOW. strong words from our shadow president at his rally tonite

Trump speaks out on Israel-Palestine conflict. Wow! pic.twitter.com/2LTgfxwj0E

— Dr. Benjamin Braddock (@GraduatedBen) May 12, 2021

[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:38 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The press is not the problem, though it certainly doesn't help. The problem, for Israel, is that the U.S. won't take off the leash. The smart move would have been for the U.S. to back off and let Israel broom all the "Palestinians" out of the country decades ago.
Exactly!! I've said for years we need to either pull out of the region clean (as in no aid/no military whatsoever) or the more likely (because D.C. can't help but throw our money to the wind) give all Middle Eastern aid to Israel and tell them the area is theirs to babysit. We are washing our hands of that mess.

And yes, Palestine needs to disappear :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:58 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Uhhhh wrong
Its easily one of the dumbest, most misinformed garbage takes we see posted here frequently
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:32 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
The "Palestinians" fired rockets at Israel every year during Trump's presidency.
Not at this level, but you know, details and facts don't really matter to you.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:48 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its easily one of the dumbest, most misinformed garbage takes we see posted here frequently
How so? I say if Israel wasn't the setting for most of the Bible, the US would be far less inclined to hold their hand like a toddler in a parking lot.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:50 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
How so? I say if Israel wasn't the setting for most of the Bible, the US would be far less inclined to hold their hand like a toddler in a parking lot.

Thatís obv false. We are there due to the Israeli lobby here in the states and very little of that is related to Christian Zionism. Both parties participate fully in this, so youíd have to explain the Dems support.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:53 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Thatís obv false. We are there due to the Israeli lobby here in the states and very little of that is related to Christian Zionism. Both parties participate fully in this, so youíd have to explain the Dems support.
There are plenty of Christian Democrats.
[Reply]
Donger 08:30 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Not at this level, but you know, details and facts don't really matter to you.
Yes, at this level and more.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 08:32 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
There are plenty of Christian Democrats.
It would be cool to see the numbers here. I'm too lazy to look but I would guess that maybe 20ish percent of people who call themselves Christian also call themselves a Democrat. I don't know how an actual follower of Christ can vote Democrat these days. I know many people vote uninformed so there will be a decent number, but I want to think low info voters are the exception and not the rule. Maybe I'm wrong there, though :-)

And then if a person had a way to separate the ones like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson out of the mix from actual Christians I would bet that percentage would drop like a rock!! I know there is nobody besides the Lord himself that can judge a human's heart and soul so this would be virtually impossible. But it would be interesting anyways.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:37 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
It would be cool to see the numbers here. I'm too lazy to look but I would guess that maybe 20ish percent of people who call themselves Christian also call themselves a Democrat. I don't know how an actual follower of Christ can vote Democrat these days. I know many people vote uninformed so there will be a decent number, but I want to think low info voters are the exception and not the rule. Maybe I'm wrong there, though :-)

And then if a person had a way to separate the ones like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson out of the mix from actual Christians I would bet that percentage would drop like a rock!! I know there is nobody besides the Lord himself that can judge a human's heart and soul so this would be virtually impossible. But it would be interesting anyways.

His point is nonsense. Heís pinning all the blame for our ME involvement in Christians because he doesnít like them. Totally absolving Jewish advocacy groups like AIPAC and the ADL etc which actually have political power in this country, unlike Christians.

Also, if his thesis were remotely true, suooort for Israel would be weakening as America turns less Christian. But that isnít happening st all.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 08:49 AM 05-12-2021
His point is nonsense. Heís pinning all the blame for our ME involvement in Christians because he doesnít like them. Totally absolving Jewish advocacy groups like AIPAC and the ADL etc which actually have political power in this country, unlike Christians.

Also, if his thesis were remotely true, suooort for Israel would be weakening as America turns less Christian. But that isnít happening st all.
The establishment wing of both parties do love Israel, that cannot be denied (by a reasonable person). And your point about Christian influence dying in America is true also.

Yea, he is/was flat out wrong I think, but I just thought the numbers/percentages would be kinda cool to see. Maybe it would finally kill the fairytale that any significant % of actual Christians are voting D these days. I doubt it, but maybe.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:50 AM 05-12-2021

Regardless of the reasons we do, we should stop propping up Israel. Not because I dislike Jews, but because the cost is tremendous, and we get very little out of it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up