ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 73
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Iím leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.


I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)


[Reply]
TLO 07:58 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Get to 999 and close the thread.
:-)
[Reply]
Donger 08:01 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Really? That dude will argue with anybody!
Will not.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:04 AM 04-29-2021

[Reply]
2bikemike 08:07 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Will not.
Will to! (Think we can keep this up until the thread reaches 999 posts?)
[Reply]
tooge 08:08 AM 04-29-2021
Meh, giving yourself too much credit. Nobody gives a shit why someone leaves CP forever. I mean, it's a message board, and having not met you in person, my guess is 95 percent of us could give two shits why you are leaving. With that said.......Well, Bye
[Reply]
neech 08:08 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Will not.
Will to.
[Reply]
Donger 08:09 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
True, they go back and forth all the time. I think they are lonely people and need someone in their miserable lives to talk to.

Kind of sad actually.
Hi, I'm Donger. I don't believe that we've ever interfaced. It's nice to e-meet you!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:10 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Hi, I'm Donger. I don't believe that we've ever interfaced. It's nice to e-meet you!
When you say you are Donger, do you mean the person or persona?
[Reply]
tooge 08:11 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I'm not sure that pat knows what the word "immortal" means.
It also seems like the kind of thing he'd be willing to argue about for weeks on end.
Probably only rivalled by Donger in his capacity to bicker about semantics and meaningless minutiae for as long as you could take it.

You were sort of funny sometimes and mostly better than most with your leanings.
RIP
Bickering about semantics? Oh, the irony. By immortal, he means that there are still TV shows decades later covering DB Cooper and his mystery is written in books that will go on forever. You are a D bag man
[Reply]
Hoover 08:11 AM 04-29-2021
I would leave the CP too, but then what the fuck would I do at work?
[Reply]
Donger 08:11 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
When you say you are Donger, do you mean the person or persona?
Yes.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:13 AM 04-29-2021
Pat we were always on the opposite sides of the fence politically but you could always tell when I was ****ing around and being sarcastic whereas others would get pissed at me. Sorry we never got to the bottom of why Ron Paul deceived and BEP believed but maybe some stones are better left unturned.

If we’re going off conspiracies and unsubstantiated rumors, let me be the first to suggest that our former Vice President is having some form of organ failure and you selflessly volunteered yourself as a donor.

Godspeed!
[Reply]
neech 08:15 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Hi, I'm Donger. I don't believe that we've ever interfaced. It's nice to e-meet you!
Yes we have its been awhile but we have.
[Reply]
Donger 08:17 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
Yes we have its been awhile but we have.
I see. Sorry, but it must have been very unmemorable.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:20 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes.
I'm trying to figure out is this yes to person or persona, or are they one in the same?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 73
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up