ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 73
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Iím leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.


I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)


[Reply]
2bikemike 07:25 AM 04-29-2021
I always enjoyed Pats takes. Good poster and seemed like a good dude. I didn't know anything about his health. Godspeed Patteau!

I don't post near as much as I used to but for some reason I can't quit this place. I continue to look. It like looking at the carnage of a train wreck. You just can't look away.
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:28 AM 04-29-2021
Never really interacted with ya, but happy trails just the same
[Reply]
jAZ 07:28 AM 04-29-2021
This makes me sad to read. I tried to do some searching of the archives, but I'm pretty sure that patteeu, Taco John, memyselfi, BIG DADDY and a handful of others were responsible for the existence of DC. It was quite a debate and took quite a long time to get community buy-in to push the political talk to a sub-forum. But it was the right thing to do. Everything improved, even the political debates. :-)

I quietly bailed on DC in 2010 or so, because I saw the shifting nature of the GOP into what it became publicly under Trump. I hope patteeu is happy and healthy in his next steps in life. And someone tell him I'm grateful for Dick Cheney raising a strong and honorable daughter. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:29 AM 04-29-2021
Why do people need to leave this place forever? If you need a break, just take a break for awhile. Or just continue to lurk.

Whatever the case, Patteeu, I hope you find peace in your life and wish you the best.
[Reply]
loochy 07:38 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why do people need to leave this place forever? If you need a break, just take a break for awhile. Or just continue to lurk.

Whatever the case, Patteeu, I hope you find peace in your life and wish you the best.

Yeah, I don't get the whole announcement thing either. Just go do whatever it is that you do. If you feel like posting again, then post again. There's no reason why anyone has to officially quit. It mostly seems to be attention-whoring.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:38 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by jAZ:
This makes me sad to read. I tried to do some searching of the archives, but I'm pretty sure that patteeu, Taco John, memyselfi, BIG DADDY and a handful of others were responsible for the existence of DC. It was quite a debate and took quite a long time to get community buy-in to push the political talk to a sub-forum. But it was the right thing to do. Everything improved, even the political debates. :-)

I quietly bailed on DC in 2010 or so, because I saw the shifting nature of the GOP into what it became publicly under Trump. I hope patteeu is happy and healthy in his next steps in life. And someone tell him I'm grateful for Dick Cheney raising a strong and honorable daughter. :-)
I was one of the most vocal proponents of creating DC. Pat was vehemently opposed to it. We bickered and argued for years after that, but eventually buried the hatchet.

Happy trails, Pat. Hope your health issues aren't as bad as some have speculated.
[Reply]
Sorry 07:41 AM 04-29-2021
Well since you’re gone and not James Bond, I guess your confidant can release the reason any time.
[Reply]
neech 07:47 AM 04-29-2021
Who is Donger going to argue with incessantly? Please stay Pat for that idiot Donger's sake.
[Reply]
loochy 07:50 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
Who is Donger going to argue with incessantly?

Pete
[Reply]
neech 07:51 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Pete
True, they go back and forth all the time. I think they are lonely people and need someone in their miserable lives to talk to.

Kind of sad actually.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:52 AM 04-29-2021
damn i missed being post 69 fuck this thread.
[Reply]
Donger 07:54 AM 04-29-2021
That's a shame. Happy trails, patteeu. I'll miss the interaction.
[Reply]
TLO 07:55 AM 04-29-2021
1000 posts eh?

Should we make this happen??
[Reply]
Donger 07:57 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
1000 posts eh?

Should we make this happen??
Get to 999 and close the thread.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:58 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
Who is Donger going to argue with incessantly? Please stay Pat for that idiot Donger's sake.
Really? That dude will argue with anybody!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 73
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up