ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
Pants 02:43 PM 02-17-2021
I used a silenced .50 cal instead of the bow. I don't recall having any issues with the bow, though. Maybe try a different sight on it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 02-17-2021
I've tried all 3 sights. The pin outs don't seem to correspond to anything I'm familiar with in real bow hunting or other games. It also doesn't help that I don't have any way to judge distance it seems.

Perhaps I'm just too early in the game to be using the bow? I haven't even seen a .50 yet or a silencer so maybe I just need to avoid the bow until later in the game?
[Reply]
Pants 02:49 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've tried all 3 sights. The pin outs don't seem to correspond to anything I'm familiar with in real bow hunting or other games. It also doesn't help that I don't have any way to judge distance it seems.

Perhaps I'm just too early in the game to be using the bow? I haven't even seen a .50 yet or a silencer so maybe I just need to avoid the bow until later in the game?
You know what, I don't think I ever tried long distance shots with the bow. That's probably why "I never had issues" LOL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:50 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
You know what, I don't think I ever tried long distance shots with the bow. That's probably why "I never had issues" LOL.
It's not even long distance. I'm having trouble hitting a turkey at 20 meters or so.

It would be nice if there was a way to sight in like a shooting range or something.

Is there a range finder in the game?
[Reply]
Pants 02:54 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not even long distance. I'm having trouble hitting a turkey at 20 meters or so.

It would be nice if there was a way to sight in like a shooting range or something.

Is there a range finder in the game?
Man, I am honestly not sure. I want to say there was a scope that showed you the range at some point, but I might be confusing that with a different game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Man, I am honestly not sure. I want to say there was a scope that showed you the range at some point, but I might be confusing that with a different game.
The binoculars are supposed to show range but all they do for me is tag enemies. I'll keep playing with it.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 03:05 PM 02-17-2021
Fantastic game with an ending that.... eh, I better not spoil it.

I never used the bow much and I donít recall there being any kind of range finder. Unless I just missed something itís just going to be one of those trial and error kind of things.
[Reply]
Pants 03:09 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Fantastic game with an ending that.... eh, I better not spoil it.

I never used the bow much and I donít recall there being any kind of range finder. Unless I just missed something itís just going to be one of those trial and error kind of things.
I gave up after clearing out the 2nd zone (got the two brothers, had the girl left to do) and having access to all the best stuff. Once the progression stopped, it just got too repetitive for me. Now you're making me kind of regret it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:14 PM 02-17-2021
The hit boxes in this game made it totally unplayable for me. I was looking for a game a while back and played the free weekend thinking I would buy it for I think what was $5. I played a few hours and decided it was just a bad game with a really dumb premise to start with.

We need to capture the leader so let's drop 4 guys in a chopper in late at night to go get him!
[Reply]
Raiderhader 03:21 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I gave up after clearing out the 2nd zone (got the two brothers, had the girl left to do) and having access to all the best stuff. Once the progression stopped, it just got too repetitive for me. Now you're making me kind of regret it.
I want to respond to this but, even just a general description of how I felt after the game gives away, more or less, what can happen (there are two different endings supposedly but, both fall into the same category). And depending on personal preference that could discourage some or make them want to find out even more how it ends.

I am curious as to how they get to that ending through Faith. I cleared her section 2nd and Jacobís 3rd, and that felt like that was the correct way to do it with how the story line unfolded. I guess there are a few minor twists to the game depending on how one chooses to play it. Interesting.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:29 PM 02-17-2021
I enjoyed it (and the ending). was better than Far Cry New Dawn (which I thought seemed like an afterthought or DLC for 5).

Looking forward to 6.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 03:34 PM 02-17-2021
So I just fired the game up and went to a shop and found there is a red dot option for the bows that has a range finder on it. BUT, I had to buy both options because the first one I bought was marked incorrectly, it was not a red dot with a range finder. The other one was. So buyer beware. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:26 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
So I just fired the game up and went to a shop and found there is a red dot option for the bows that has a range finder on it. BUT, I had to buy both options because the first one I bought was marked incorrectly, it was not a red dot with a range finder. The other one was. So buyer beware. :-)
I've tried all 3 sights for the bow, none of them work properly, at least not that I could tell.

And the 3rd one doesn't have a range finder, it has range marks. They don't work if you don't know the range of your target, which seems to be my biggest issue.
[Reply]
Fish 05:42 PM 02-17-2021

[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up