ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 34
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
DaFace 09:41 PM 05-13-2021
Playoffs!
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:08 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Playoffs!
I get to root against a Kroenke owned sports team.
[Reply]
Fish 10:13 PM 05-13-2021
Avs sealing 1st place in the West!
[Reply]
DaFace 10:28 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I get to root against a Kroenke owned sports team.
Don't blame you on that front. But I do love our team. Should be a fun series.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:19 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Don't blame you on that front. But I do love our team. Should be a fun series.
I donít dislike the Avs yet, unlike SJ.

I respect Sakic for staying the course and not shitcanning Bednar after an atrocious season.

MacKinnon and Makar are fun to watch.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:55 AM 05-14-2021
Hopefully Edmonton goes far McDavid is fun to watch , the gap between him and the next best tier of players got a lot wider this year he looks like someone hit fast forward every time he touches the puck.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:37 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I donít dislike the Avs yet, unlike SJ.

I respect Sakic for staying the course and not shitcanning Bednar after an atrocious season.

MacKinnon and Makar are fun to watch.
Veach and Sakic, man... he knows how to deal.

I'm so ready to watch different teams play... really wish they would have seeded across divisions or something this year to mix it up right away, but oh well. What's 6 or 7 more games against the same teams... :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:40 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Hopefully Edmonton goes far McDavid is fun to watch , the gap between him and the next best tier of players got a lot wider this year he looks like someone hit fast forward every time he touches the puck.
Yeah, hoping to watch him a lot more in the playoffs, mostly just caught him against the Leafs or a Jets game or two....a truly incredible season.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:47 AM 05-14-2021
Panthers over Lighting ?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:06 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm so ready to watch different teams play... really wish they would have seeded across divisions or something this year to mix it up right away, but oh well. What's 6 or 7 more games against the same teams... :-)
Agreed. While I suppose it's nice to continue the (low key) rivalry between the Avs and Blues, I'm REALLY tired of seeing the same teams at this point. The semifinals are going to be a breath of fresh air regardless of who makes it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:23 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Agreed. While I suppose it's nice to continue the (low key) rivalry between the Avs and Blues, I'm REALLY tired of seeing the same teams at this point. The semifinals are going to be a breath of fresh air regardless of who makes it.
I could only laugh at being put into a division with the Wild and Knights... and to a lesser extent the Blues. Glad the Knights and Wild play each other and the Avalanche don't play both. Granted, the game against the Knights the other night was pretty intense.

I'm hoping in a series like the Bruins and Caps, they really turn it up several notches. I generally enjoy those games in that trio of Bruins/Caps/Pens, but it's like all three have just been going through the motions for the most part... some of those games have been incredibly dull compared to what I'd expect.

The reseeding is very intriguing... win two rounds and they could be playing the Lightning or Oilers in the semifinals, or like the Pens or Leafs if the top seeds advance. Great year to win the President's trophy.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:30 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I could only laugh at being put into a division with the Wild and Knights... and to a lesser extent the Blues. Glad the Knights and Wild play each other and the Avalanche don't play both. Granted, the game against the Knights the other night was pretty intense.

I'm hoping in a series like the Bruins and Caps, they really turn it up several notches. I generally enjoy those games in that trio of Bruins/Caps/Pens, but it's like all three have just been going through the motions for the most part... some of those games have been incredibly dull compared to what I'd expect.

The reseeding is very intriguing... win two rounds and they could be playing the Lightning or Oilers in the semifinals, or like the Pens or Leafs if the top seeds advance. Great year to win the President's trophy.
If fans were in the stands the leafs/habs series would have been crazy, now i'm hoping it is just competitive with most guys coming back from injury it might be if Price stands on his head, I hope Caufield plays I like his potential you can't coach up guys to being natural goal scorers.
[Reply]
JudasRising20 10:44 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Veach and Sakic, man... he knows how to deal.

I'm so ready to watch different teams play... really wish they would have seeded across divisions or something this year to mix it up right away, but oh well. What's 6 or 7 more games against the same teams... :-)
Sakic has a good team, but the foundations of that team are high draft picks. They had to suck a long time to build through the draft. Nothing like the Chiefs current roster build. Chiefs don't have that many top 5 or top 10 picks.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:46 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Sakic has a good team, but the foundations of that team are high draft picks. They had to suck a long time to build through the draft. Nothing like the Chiefs current roster build. Chiefs don't have that many top 5 or top 10 picks.
Yeah, the Chiefs haven't made any key draft picks in the top 10...
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:14 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Sakic has a good team, but the foundations of that team are high draft picks. They had to suck a long time to build through the draft. Nothing like the Chiefs current roster build. Chiefs don't have that many top 5 or top 10 picks.
It's obviously apples and oranges between sports and franchises, etc; but he's made a huge impact and doesn't ever seem satisfied.

Sure, get rid of their high draft picks obtained from sucking -- Landeskog, MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen -- and they pretty quickly fall into at least mediocrity. Just like if the Chiefs get rid of Mahomes.

Neither of those guys just sit back, and more importantly, they don't panic, either; while making the most of the draft.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 34
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up