ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:35 PM 06-10-2021
Sad to see MacKinnon and other top guys get so frustrated and not produce... hell, I've seen far more of Makar on offense than I have MacKinnon. Vegas has two lines that have shut them down for the most part.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:56 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Blues get swept.

Avalanche lose.

Hockey thread dies.
I can try keeping it alive for few games at least .
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:02 PM 06-10-2021
I think the best thing that could happen to that series is basically a Wild/Knights rematch, where Montreal plays the similar game and Price shuts down the Knights enough to make it a long, brutal series.

But, I think the Knights might absolutely steamroll them, too, depending on Price.

Series are already out there... Islanders/Lightning start Sunday night, with this other horseshit on Monday.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:13 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sad to see MacKinnon and other top guys get so frustrated and not produce... hell, I've seen far more of Makar on offense than I have MacKinnon. Vegas has two lines that have shut them down for the most part.
The Avs has no answers for Vegas's top line.
Vegas had all of the answers for the Avs top line.

The end.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:07 PM 06-10-2021
As the resident Knights fan on here I must say the hate yall give us on this forum is rather amusing :-) . Firstly the Avs pretty much got given a win in the first game on their ice after we had to go hell for leather against our bogey team the wild (before the series they beat us five games in a row including a game where we dominated and was up a goal with two minutes left...they emptied their net and somehow scored TWO goals in one minute to win smh) and we had a short turn-around after a tough, emotional series.

In the second game we absolutely wiped floor with them, hitting the post three times and outshooting them by loads and they won in OT during a powerplay. After the first game they did not win a game in regulation or with 5 on 5. So how folks can claim we were "lucky" is beyond me.

They were well beaten when they came to the fortress in game three and four and Stoney's epic winner in OT in game five pretty much finished them off...the looks on their faces when the puck hit the net revealed a team who were mentally broken imo. They fought hard tonight and they are a good team but I'm just so happy for my knights. We've had a ton of heartbreak over the years ourselves with the famous San Jose fiasco for example which was one of the biggest robberies In NHL history. Anyway onto the next round...KNIGHT UP!!
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:15 AM 06-11-2021
Why would the NHL put the Isles game on Sunday at 3:00?
Bad scheduling
[Reply]
Monticore 05:52 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
As the resident Knights fan on here I must say the hate yall give us on this forum is rather amusing :-) . Firstly the Avs pretty much got given a win in the first game on their ice after we had to go hell for leather against our bogey team the wild (before the series they beat us five games in a row including a game where we dominated and was up a goal with two minutes left...they emptied their net and somehow scored TWO goals in one minute to win smh) and we had a short turn-around after a tough, emotional series.

In the second game we absolutely wiped floor with them, hitting the post three times and outshooting them by loads and they won in OT during a powerplay. After the first game they did not win a game in regulation or with 5 on 5. So how folks can claim we were "lucky" is beyond me.

They were well beaten when they came to the fortress in game three and four and Stoney's epic winner in OT in game five pretty much finished them off...the looks on their faces when the puck hit the net revealed a team who were mentally broken imo. They fought hard tonight and they are a good team but I'm just so happy for my knights. We've had a ton of heartbreak over the years ourselves with the famous San Jose fiasco for example which was one of the biggest robberies In NHL history. Anyway onto the next round...KNIGHT UP!!
Not sure you have been in the league long enough to make a comment like that especially since as an expansion team you have made the playoffs I think every year.

On paper Montreal doesn't have a chance but I think it might be closer than people expect .
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:57 AM 06-11-2021
I'm actually shocked... Wow, I didn't see the GKs pulling out any game, ,uch less the series...
[Reply]
Otter 07:26 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm actually shocked... Wow, I didn't see the GKs pulling out any game, ,uch less the series...
I wasn't expecting it either after watching a few AVS vs LVK kings games but after watching LVK win the Stanley Cup I wasn't taking them for granted.

Kinda sucks, I've grown to like the AVS.
[Reply]
JudasRising20 08:14 AM 06-11-2021
As a Red Wings fan, I surprisingly don't care that both St. Louis and Colorado fans are crying salty tears. Shows you how far the Wings have fallen. Plus, we're not in the same Conference anymore. Just don't have the same hatred for those two teams I used to.

I don't see anyone beating Tampa. They're good at everything and deep everywhere. Plus, they look hungry. Scary team.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:31 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
As a Red Wings fan, I surprisingly don't care that both St. Louis and Colorado fans are crying salty tears. Shows you how far the Wings have fallen. Plus, we're not in the same Conference anymore. Just don't have the same hatred for those two teams I used to.

I don't see anyone beating Tampa. They're good at everything and deep everywhere. Plus, they look hungry. Scary team.
There will always be a special place in my heart for the Wings. When I was young, being from Va. Beach one has to shop for a team, I bought into the "then" Wings, but I'm a Blues fan now because of proximity. It's all good, there's no right or wrong way to become a fan, it just important that you become one...

I have nothing but respect for the Avs organization, what they've done there is amazing, and their fans are pretty darn good people too, so that's a plus.

And don't worry, the Wings will be back on top some day, the Detroit area won't stand for this much longer. Too much history there for the organization not to be pressured into some kind of "win now" sort of deal. It my not yield the cup, but it should at least yield something that gives the city/fans some hope.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:08 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not sure you have been in the league long enough to make a comment like that especially since as an expansion team you have made the playoffs I think every year.
Seriously. :-) :-)

A lot of Knights fans are of course newer to hockey, which is complete fine.. but, they kind of take the same whiney inferiority complex personality as their HC and the rest of the team, despite all of the clutching/grabbing/takedowns/crosschecks to the back and face/etc. they get away with, plus and all of their success.

It's like no one in Vegas gets why the rest of the league hates them... must be jealousy! :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:10 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
As a Red Wings fan, I surprisingly don't care that both St. Louis and Colorado fans are crying salty tears. Shows you how far the Wings have fallen. Plus, we're not in the same Conference anymore. Just don't have the same hatred for those two teams I used to.

I don't see anyone beating Tampa. They're good at everything and deep everywhere. Plus, they look hungry. Scary team.
Those were fun times (besides that 7-0 game 7 clunker)... it's been far too long since they were both good at the same time.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:52 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
As a Red Wings fan, I surprisingly don't care that both St. Louis and Colorado fans are crying salty tears. Shows you how far the Wings have fallen. Plus, we're not in the same Conference anymore. Just don't have the same hatred for those two teams I used to.

I don't see anyone beating Tampa. They're good at everything and deep everywhere. Plus, they look hungry. Scary team.
I guess it's a matter of semantics, but I don't see a lot of Avs fans crying about it. We got beat - plain and simple. So yeah, it's disappointing, but it's pretty similar to the Chiefs vs. Bucs Super Bowl. It's much more infuriating when you play well but bounces/refs/whatever don't go your way. When you clearly just get your asses handed to you, all you can do is tip your cap and move on to next year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:56 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not sure you have been in the league long enough to make a comment like that especially since as an expansion team you have made the playoffs I think every year.

On paper Montreal doesn't have a chance but I think it might be closer than people expect .
Yes we've only been going for four years but during that time we lost the stanley cup finals despite going a game up and was on top in game two only to lose and collapse for the rest of the series. Then the next year the San Jose robbery via the refs happened whilst we were cruising to the second round...then last year we make the semi finals again and heaven only knows how we lost that series to Dallas after dominating most of the games and missing chance after chance. Yes, we've had success but that success has come with heartbreak even in just four years. Hell haven't us Chiefs fans suffered heartbreak during the Mahomes era despite it being only three years?? It happens.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up