ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>HBO Max
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-31-2019
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
[Reply]
penchief 10:37 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Cancelling Hulu. Only reason I kept them around was for Letterkenny and Ric & Morty. It was starting to occur to me that HBO really has nothing to offer now that GoT is gone but MAX will keep me around for a while.
Letterkenny was a pleasant surprise for me. Very enjoyable way to pass the time.
[Reply]
penchief 10:39 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
HBO GO is gone. HBO Now is still available on some devices but it only displays HBO content, not HBO Max content.

AT&T is clueless.
So I guess the smart move for me is to cancel my HBO Now subscription and and sign up for HBO Max? Does it have everything that HBO Now has in addition to the new content?
[Reply]
heapshake 10:59 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
So I guess the smart move for me is to cancel my HBO Now subscription and and sign up for HBO Max? Does it have everything that HBO Now has in addition to the new content?
You shouldn't have to cancel HBO Now. You should be able to use your HBO Now info to create a Max account.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:33 AM 08-09-2020
The rollout of HBO Max has been a disaster for sure. The fact that they can't get HBO Max onto Roku and Amazon devices is quite a mess.

I am not sure why they did not merge HBO Now and HBO Go into a single "HBO" app a number of years ago. Allow people to sign in to a single app with either their cable provider or their HBO.com account.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:22 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The rollout of HBO Max has been a disaster for sure. The fact that they can't get HBO Max onto Roku and Amazon devices is quite a mess.
80% of HBO's subscribers use either a Roku or Amazon device to access their apps.

The problem is that HBO wants either a cut of their advertising revenue (which represents more than 75% of their respective revenue streams - it's not from the sale of their devices) or they want both to stop offering HBO on their respective services (i.e., subscribing through Amazon or The Roku Channel in order to purchase an HBO subscription) because HBO loses money when subscribers don't purchase directly.

So until those issues are worked out, HBO Max will not be available on either service.

Originally Posted by DRM08:
I am not sure why they did not merge HBO Now and HBO Go into a single "HBO" app a number of years ago. Allow people to sign in to a single app with either their cable provider or their HBO.com account.
I explained this just a few posts above.

HBO Go is for those who subscribe through a Third-Party company such as Direct TV, Spectrum, Cox, Amazon, Roku, etc. while HBO Now is for those that purchase directly from HBO. The reason for separating the app is for tracking and accounting purposes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
So I guess the smart move for me is to cancel my HBO Now subscription and and sign up for HBO Max? Does it have everything that HBO Now has in addition to the new content?
There's no reason to cancel or change anything.

Download the HBO Max app to whatever device and login.
[Reply]
penchief 12:27 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by heapshake:
You shouldn't have to cancel HBO Now. You should be able to use your HBO Now info to create a Max account.
Thank you.
[Reply]
penchief 12:29 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's no reason to cancel or change anything.

Download the HBO Max app to whatever device and login.
So i can use both apps with the same subscription? Sorry if I sound lazy but none of this shit ever ends up being as simple as it is supposed to be.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:43 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
80% of HBO's subscribers use either a Roku or Amazon device to access their apps.

The problem is that HBO wants either a cut of their advertising revenue (which represents more than 75% of their respective revenue streams - it's not from the sale of their devices) or they want both to stop offering HBO on their respective services (i.e., subscribing through Amazon or The Roku Channel in order to purchase an HBO subscription) because HBO loses money when subscribers don't purchase directly.

So until those issues are worked out, HBO Max will not be available on either service.



I explained this just a few posts above.

HBO Now is for those who subscribe through a Third-Party company such as Direct TV, Spectrum, Cox, Amazon, Roku, etc. while HBO Go is those that purchase directly from HBO. The reason for separating the app is for tracking and accounting purposes.
You got it backwards. HBO Now was a direct subscription to HBO through their website, while HBO Go was for people who were subscribed to HBO through cable providers.

https://www.vulture.com/article/hbo-...vs-hbo-go.html

"You cannot buy or subscribe to HBO Go directly, however: It is only available, at no extra charge, to anyone who buys HBO as part of a cable or satellite package. You sign in to Go using whatever login credentials you’ve set up with your TV provider."
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:51 PM 08-09-2020
HBO Now is now just HBO on Roku. Its nice it rolled in HBO Max. Which I like its offers, thankfully I have a XBOX One as well but would rather it just be on ROKU for all my tvs.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:53 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
.[/B]
Yeah, I was typing too quickly but I explained it properly earlier in the thread.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:01 PM 08-09-2020
From what I have seen with HBO Max, they have a ton of room for improvement in these two areas: Turner movie library and DC Comics stuff. They have a bunch of very obvious titles in the Turner collection such as Casablanca. How about bringing in some classics that aren't so obvious? Their Batman & Superman collection is a joke as well. Nowhere close to the amount of content that they could have in there, given the massive archive of content owned by AT&T.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:08 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
From what I have seen with HBO Max, they have a ton of room for improvement in these two areas: Turner movie library and DC Comics stuff. They have a bunch of very obvious titles in the Turner collection such as Casablanca. How about bringing in some classics that aren't so obvious? Their Batman & Superman collection is a joke as well. Nowhere close to the amount of content that they could have in there, given the massive archive of content owned by AT&T.
HBO Max was completely rushed because they were trying to compete with Disney+, Netflix, CBS All Access and NBC's Peacock, but fell far short of that goal.

And unlike Disney, Warner's has licensing deals with a ton of TV networks so they won't have all of their library on the site until at least 2023, with more coming after 2025. They're losing the Harry Potter films later this month.

Their content is weak so far, which is reflected in the current number of subscribers.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:11 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
HBO Max was completely rushed because they were trying to compete with Disney+, Netflix, CBS All Access and NBC's Peacock, but fell far short of that goal.

And unlike Disney, Warner's has licensing deals with a ton of TV networks so they won't have all of their library on the site until at least 2023, with more coming after 2025.

They're losing the Harry Potter films later this month.
Even with the TV license issue for movies, I don't understand the lack of animated DC Comics stuff. Where is Batman: The Animated Series? Or the Superman animated show for that matter...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:14 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Even with the TV license issue for movies, I don't understand the lack of animated DC Comics stuff. Where is Batman: The Animated Series? Or the Superman animated show for that matter...
Again, it's all licensed to other networks so HBO Max isn't allowed to have them on their platform.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up