ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 03-08-2018
There are so many new Star Wars projects that are being announced that I figured it was time to start a thread. I'll update accordingly.

---

Today, it was announced that Jon Favreau will Executive Produce and Write a new Star Wars Live Action series set for Disney's new Streaming Service.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series

March 8, 2018

JON FAVREAU TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCE AND WRITE LIVE-ACTION STAR WARS SERIES. THE DIRECTOR OF IRON MAN AND THE JUNGLE BOOK WILL HELM THE SERIES FOR DISNEY’S NEW DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER PLATFORM.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

----

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of...tar-wars-films

ILMS // FEBRUARY 6, 2018

GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS


David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.

-----
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

LUCASFILM // NOVEMBER 9, 2017

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:07 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I guess.

We NEED to have that story told, though.
Yeah, I completely agree.

The loss of his armor along with all of the scars on his face should make for a great flashback sequence.

Maybe we'll even see Cobb Vanth again because there's no such thing as too much Timothy Olyphant.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:18 PM 12-22-2020
I want to see Boba hacking, slashing and burning his way out of that pit, even if it is just three minutes long.

And hell yes to more Timothy Olyphant.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:33 PM 12-25-2020
Take this with a subjective grain of salt


[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I want to see Boba hacking, slashing and burning his way out of that pit, even if it is just three minutes long.
It should be like a scene from Hellraiser.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:08 AM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Watch all seven seasons of The Clone Wars, then move on to Rebels.



Or if you wanted to do it sequentially, it would be TPM, Attack of the Clones, Seasons 1-6 of The Clone Wars series, Revenge of the Sith, Season 7 of The Clone Wars, Solo, then Rebels.



The final episode of Rebels is happening almost simultaneously with Rogue One.
This...but I was in a super time crunch and recapped on youtube the first 3 seasons and watched 4-7 of clone wars and I'm still good. If you have time watch all of clone wars then rebels. I'm on s2 of rebels now

Ill probably watch s1-3 at some point to see a younger ahsoka and bo katan.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:21 PM 01-07-2021
I think this is good news because Loki looks amazing:

https://deadline.com/2021/01/loki-mi...ey-1234665495/

‘Loki’ Exec Producer Michael Waldron Tapped To Write Kevin Feige’s ‘Star Wars’ Movie As Part Of New Deal With Disney

EXCLUSIVE: After penning Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness and serving as head writer and exec producer on the upcoming Disney Plus series Loki, Michael Waldron is looking to stay in business with Walt Disney Studios in a big way. Sources tell Deadline Waldron has been set to write a new Star Wars feature film that Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios and Chief Creative Officer, Marvel, will develop and produce for Lucasfilm and Disney. This just one part of the recent deal Waldron signed with the studios that will keep him in business with Disney for some time.

Disney declined to comment.

Besides writing this new Star Wars film, the deal is also expected to bring back Waldron in some capacity for season 2 of Loki. Not only is the deal rarity at the studios, it clearly shows how much faith Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm has in Waldron going forward and should surely open doors for years to come and many more high-profile properties.

This the first piece of news about Feige’s Star Wars film since the project was first rumored in the fall of 2019. Lucasfilm recently announced several films at Disney’s Investor Day, including Rogue Squadron with Patty Jenkins, however this was not one of them.

The project was first rumored following the success of Avengers: Endgame and before the launch Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, the final installment in the most trilogy of the franchise. Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy was looking to start a new era of Star Wars films and given how much love Feige had for the franchise and how masterfully he navigated the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past decade, felt the perfect fit to spearhead a new feature on the beloved IP.

Since Waldron has just been brought on, there is no idea when this film get into production or make it in front of audiences, but Waldron attachment adds momentum to the film’s development.

As for Waldron, he is an Emmy award-winning writer, creating and serving as head writer and executive producer for Marvel and Disney+’s upcoming Loki series, and is currently writing Marvel’s Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness for Sam Raimi. He created and is executive producing Starz’ upcoming wrestling drama Heels. He began his career on Adult Swim’s Rick And Morty where he won an Emmy for his work as a writer and producer on Season 4.

He is repped by CAA and LBI Entertainment.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:10 PM 01-07-2021
If Feige is in, I'm in. Until he gives me a reason not to be.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:46 PM 01-20-2021
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2021...eason-one.html

Alan Tudyk Confirms That The Rogue One' Disney+ Series won't include K-2SO in Season 1 but will appear in subsequent seasons.

Still, he’s resolute that he will be on Andor at some point and that series creator (and Rogue One co-writer) Tony Gilroy has a plan for his character in mind, which is pretty exciting. “I'm going to be in the show. It's just that the story that Tony [Gilroy] is telling doesn't involve K-2SO until later on... I can't be too specific, but I can definitely say that I'm not going to be in the first season.” So there you have it: K-2SO will return but not yet.

What’s also interesting about Tudyk’s comments is that it seems to confirm that Andor will be an ongoing series, like The Mandalorian and not a “limited series” like the upcoming, highly anticipated Obi-Wan Kenobi (which is set to return Ewan McGregor to the titular role). Kennedy referred to Andor as merely a “series” in December, leaving room open for continued speculation. Also, the fact that Gilroy will also seemingly be steering the ship beyond Season 1 is pretty exciting (he was supposed to direct a portion of the inaugural season but declined due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19). By all accounts it was Gilroy that helped steer Rogue One towards success during its particularly fraught post-production process.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:17 AM 01-25-2021
I just finished Rebels and man what a great show. Esp the final season ep jedi night and finale. Really excited to see what filoni does with the characters in the future in live action.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:46 AM 02-12-2021
Darth Maul showing up in the Obi-Wan series?

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Actor Ray Park (@iamraypark)


[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:13 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Darth Maul showing up in the Obi-Wan series?

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Actor Ray Park (@iamraypark)

Interesting
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:18 PM 02-21-2021
The internet is reporting that Lucasfilm has found its Live Action Ezra Bridger in actor Mena Massoud, who played Aladdin in the Live Action version of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload...ature=youtu.be

https://www.theforce.net/story/front...ies_188364.asp

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-mena-m...-ezra-bridger/

REPORT: Star Wars Casts Aladdin's Mena Massoud as Live-Action Ezra Bridger

Mena Massoud, best known for 2019's Aladdin, has reportedly been cast in the role of Ezra Bridger for the Star Wars character's live-action debut. Disney+ may have found its Ezra Bridger for multiple live-action Star Wars shows on its roster, including Ahsoka. Mena Massoud, best known for 2019's Aladdin, is reportedly the top choice for the character.

Massoud has not yet entered into an official agreement with Disney, and the studio has not made an announcement on the casting; however, he has been in talks for the role, according to the Kessel Run Transmissions YouTube channel. Ezra Bridger comes from Star Wars Rebels, which one of the franchise's canon animated series set in the timeline before A New Hope. During that series, Ezra is in training to become a Jedi. If Massoud assumes the role, it will mark the first time that the character has appeared in live action, much like Rosario Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka Tano.

Following the major success of The Mandalorian as the first Star Wars TV series on Disney+, several other live-action shows have been announced and will likely involve many crossovers, so Massoud's Ezra could be appearing in several different series. He may even be reunited with his Aladdin co-star Naomi Scott, who has been rumored for a role in the upcoming series Obi-Wan Kenobi, starring Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen.

In addition to his starring role in Aladdin, Massoud is known for the TV series Reprisal and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.

Directed by Guy Ritchie, Aladdin stars Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Will Smith as Genie, Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine, Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, Navid Negahban as the Sultan of Agrabah, Billy Magnussen Prince Anders, and Frank Welker and Alan Tudyk as the voices of Abu and Iago, respectively. Aladdin is available now on digital and Blu-ray.

Produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau, Ahsoka Tano stars Rosario Dawson and will stream on Disney+. The series does not yet have a release date.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:24 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Darth Maul showing up in the Obi-Wan series?
That's probably as good a guess as any, although he could have a role in the Rogue One prequel series and/or Lando.

But since Lando is still in "Development", it's probably either Obi Wan or Andor.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:30 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The internet is reporting that Lucasfilm has found its Live Action Ezra Bridger in actor Mena Massoud, who played Aladdin in the Live Action version of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload...ature=youtu.be

https://www.theforce.net/story/front...ies_188364.asp

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-mena-m...-ezra-bridger/

REPORT: Star Wars Casts Aladdin's Mena Massoud as Live-Action Ezra Bridger

Mena Massoud, best known for 2019's Aladdin, has reportedly been cast in the role of Ezra Bridger for the Star Wars character's live-action debut. Disney+ may have found its Ezra Bridger for multiple live-action Star Wars shows on its roster, including Ahsoka. Mena Massoud, best known for 2019's Aladdin, is reportedly the top choice for the character.

Massoud has not yet entered into an official agreement with Disney, and the studio has not made an announcement on the casting; however, he has been in talks for the role, according to the Kessel Run Transmissions YouTube channel. Ezra Bridger comes from Star Wars Rebels, which one of the franchise's canon animated series set in the timeline before A New Hope. During that series, Ezra is in training to become a Jedi. If Massoud assumes the role, it will mark the first time that the character has appeared in live action, much like Rosario Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka Tano.

Following the major success of The Mandalorian as the first Star Wars TV series on Disney+, several other live-action shows have been announced and will likely involve many crossovers, so Massoud's Ezra could be appearing in several different series. He may even be reunited with his Aladdin co-star Naomi Scott, who has been rumored for a role in the upcoming series Obi-Wan Kenobi, starring Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen.

In addition to his starring role in Aladdin, Massoud is known for the TV series Reprisal and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.

Directed by Guy Ritchie, Aladdin stars Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Will Smith as Genie, Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine, Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, Navid Negahban as the Sultan of Agrabah, Billy Magnussen Prince Anders, and Frank Welker and Alan Tudyk as the voices of Abu and Iago, respectively. Aladdin is available now on digital and Blu-ray.

Produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau, Ahsoka Tano stars Rosario Dawson and will stream on Disney+. The series does not yet have a release date.
I could see this for sure. He looks the part...never saw aladdin may have to now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:59 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I could see this for sure. He looks the part...never saw aladdin may have to now.
While I prefer the original animated movie over the Live Action version, Mena was excellent as Aladdin.

I'm hoping this report is true for a number of reasons but mainly because I cannot wait to see a Live Action continuation of Star Wars Rebels.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up