ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
Fish 12:14 AM 09-09-2023
To be honest, I was disappointed in the fight choreography of the Baylan/Ahsoka fight. Not sure what was up with that, but it was pretty weak.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:52 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
To be honest, I was disappointed in the fight choreography of the Baylan/Ahsoka fight. Not sure what was up with that, but it was pretty weak.
I liked it well enough but watching it I felt like she wasn't giving 100% for some reason. Was she was TRYING to reach the World Between Worlds, maybe? Or probably the story just had to happen that way since if she took Baylan down, Sabine wouldn't be traveling to get Ezra?

Speaking of episode 5, apparently they're going to be showing it in selected theaters around the country.

https://collider.com/ahsoka-episode-...rs-screenings/
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:08 AM 09-09-2023

[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:40 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I liked it well enough but watching it I felt like she wasn't giving 100% for some reason. Was she was TRYING to reach the World Between Worlds, maybe? Or probably the story just had to happen that way since if she took Baylan down, Sabine wouldn't be traveling to get Ezra?

Speaking of episode 5, apparently they're going to be showing it in selected theaters around the country.

https://collider.com/ahsoka-episode-...rs-screenings/
I don’t know if or how it plays into it, but I noticed in both her fight with Baylan and the droid before she only used one of her light sabers. Initially with the droid I thought maybe that she was just showing how little she thought of her opponent which felt justified with how that duel ended up going). But to do the same with Baylan? It was just odd.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:45 AM 09-09-2023
It's probably because you watched the cartoons. She was a fucking monster in the Clone Wars, and even in Rebels when she fought Vader. You're just not going to do that kind of stuff with real humans.

And remember its a different fight than, "I'm going to straight up wax Maul" or "I need to buy so and so time to escape" or "I need to push this dude back so I can GTFO". She was there to get the map, not fight with Baylan.

But yeah, the smart move is to use both sabers, use the ability to close distance because that's what you're good at, dice this fool then go get the map.

I felt the same way about her appearance in Mando. She's not the fleet footed straight up warrior she was in the cartoons. It just isn't there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:52 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I don’t know if or how it plays into it, but I noticed in both her fight with Baylan and the droid before she only used one of her light sabers. Initially with the droid I thought maybe that she was just showing how little she thought of her opponent which felt justified with how that duel ended up going). But to do the same with Baylan? It was just odd.
Yeah, I think the better story is let Ahsoka wax the smokey inquisitor or whoever that was (That was pretty cool), do the Sabine trick, then have Shin force push her into a tree again, force pull her saber and then go after Ahsoka. If she would have gotten pushed over fighting both of them in a real fight, it would have been easier to buy.

its a bit of knit picking, it was good enough to keep me in it, and tell the story they want to tell. And some of it I think isn't going to happen with real actors. Some of the shit in the cartoons was off the chain.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:41 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
My Ezra theory was wrong, not sure what the black dust was, but I'm thrilled that all the major players are still alive on the show.
It was green. It's some Nightsister magic reanimating a dead inquisitor.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:54 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It's probably because you watched the cartoons. She was a fucking monster in the Clone Wars, and even in Rebels when she fought Vader. You're just not going to do that kind of stuff with real humans.

And remember its a different fight than, "I'm going to straight up wax Maul" or "I need to buy so and so time to escape" or "I need to push this dude back so I can GTFO". She was there to get the map, not fight with Baylan.

But yeah, the smart move is to use both sabers, use the ability to close distance because that's what you're good at, dice this fool then go get the map.

I felt the same way about her appearance in Mando. She's not the fleet footed straight up warrior she was in the cartoons. It just isn't there.
Yeah - I've just chalked it up to a 45 yr old actress rather than a 21 yr old world class athlete being asked to make extremely athletic maneuvers. That's just asking a bit.

They could've tried to body double her, I guess. There ARE people that could likely bring that level of savagery and athleticism. Rosario Dawson just isn't.

Whatev. Like you said, it's noticeable, but it is what it is. I noticed it in her first fight (and Sabine's aren't a ton better; they look REALLY choreographed) but the storytelling is good so I deal with it.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:47 PM 09-11-2023
Yeah there will be differences between animation and the live action in terms of speed and ability for fights, but I liked the Baylan Ahsoka fight, him toying with her, as a big hulking imposing foe, just never understood why she didn't just slice the orb but instead grabbed it with her hand. You wanted to destroy it right? I know every show has those "plot armor" moments, but that was a glaring one that I'm okay with so the story can go forward, but it made no sense, and because she has a burnt hand she can't fight anymore... cmon now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:03 PM 09-11-2023
Because deep down she either wants it to find and destroy Thrawn or find Ezra. Or both.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:45 PM 09-12-2023
And once again, bratty Sabine fucks everything up. Sacrificing countless people with her selfish bullshit.
Yeah, and once was enough. Seems like the only smart character on this little adventure is the droid, who specifically told them not to separate, and with good reason. Together they could have dusted evil blond minion with ease and then together taken down the old guy and got the map thing. But of course, that would have been the end of it. So instead they turn an interesting character from Rebels into a plot driving moron. I wonder what she'll fuck up next? :-)

Just seems like lazy writing. IMO, this isn't any better than Kenobi, worse than Book of Boba Fett, far worse than Mandalorian and dogshit compared to Andor.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:09 PM 09-12-2023
you better keep watching, because the payoff is going to be epic
[Reply]
Frazod 02:16 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you better keep watching, because the payoff is going to be epic
I'm definitely going to keep watching; I do need an occasional break from Starfield. :-) But I definitely have diminished expectations.

But going forward, this is definitely the way (as the Mandalorian would say) to handle Sabine.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:37 PM 09-12-2023
i'd think you'd be pleased after the mary sue bullshit in the ST
[Reply]
Frazod 03:39 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i'd think you'd be pleased after the mary sue bullshit in the ST
Moron is a step up from Mary Sue, but still, I'd prefer no morons.

Sabine has been reduced to the chick in a horror movie who hides behind the chainsaws, except she's not allowed to die.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up