ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's wrong with Mecole Hardman - Part 2
dlphg9 05:43 AM 02-17-2021
Spoiler alert!

Nothing is wrong with him! Unless you consider Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce as being a problem.

Mecole was 3rd on the team in targets (62), rec yards (560), and rec TDs (4). Those stats are right in line with any other teams 3rd most productive receiver and none of those other teams had 2 guys that were 1st team AP in front of that guy.

Green Bay Packers #1 ranked scoring offense
3rd most productive receiving option
Robert Tonyan - 59 targets, 52 rec, 586 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 212
Rec - 148
Yards - 2064

Buffalo Bills #2 ranked scoring offense
Gabriel Davis - 62 targets, 35 rec, 599 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 273
Rec - 209
Yards - 2502

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #3 ranked scoring offense
Rob Gronkowski - 77 targets, 45 rec, 623 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 193
Rec - 135
Yards - 1846

Tennessee Titans #4 ranked scoring offense
Jonnu Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 198
Rec - 135
Yards - 2059

New Orleans Saints #5 ranked scoring offense
Jared Cook - 60 targets, 37 rec, 504 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 189
Rec - 144
Yards - 1482

Baltimore Ravens #7 ranked scoring offense
Willie Snead - 48 targets, 33 rec, 432 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 188
Rec - 116
Yards - 1470

Seattle Seahawks #8 ranked scoring offense
David Moore - 47 targets, 35 rec, 417 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 261
Rec - 183
Yards - 2357

Indianapolis Colts #9 ranked scoring offense
Michael Pittman Jr. - 61 targets, 40 rec, 503 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 164
Rec - 99
Yards - 1391

Las Vegas Raiders #10 ranked scoring offense
Hunter Renfrow - 77 targets, 56 rec, 656 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 227
Rec - 155
Yards - 2092

Average for top 10 scoring offense's 3rd most productive receiving option :

Targets - 62
Receptions - 41
Yards - 530

Average for top 10 scoring offense's top 2 most productive receiving options combined :

Targets - 212
Receptions - 147
Yards - 1918

This is how Hardman stacks up against the other teams 3rd receiving option

Targets - 62 (62 avg)
Receptions - 41 (41 avg)
Yards - 560 (530 avg)

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce combined

Targets - 280 (most in group)
Receptions - 192 (2nd most in group)
Yards - 2692 (most in group)

So what we can see from these stats above is that nothing is up with Mecole Hardman. His targets and reception matched the average of the 9 other top offenses 3rd receiving option and he was above average in yards, but the big huge difference is Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill just happen to be on the same team as him. Those two have 68 more combined targets, 45 more combined receptions, and 774 more combined yards than the others teams top 2 receiving threats.

TLDR;

Nothing is wrong, he's right in line with the other teams 3rd most productive pass catchers. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are monsters and the best pass catching duo in a long ass time.

PS:

Seriously Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are so good! There was only 11 QBs with more TD passes than those 2 had receiving TDs.

PSS:

Fucking Cam Newton started 15 games and had 45 less passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards in the same amount of games!

PSSS:

Fucking MVP Lamar had 65 more passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards and they tied for the same amount of passing TDs to receiving TDs.
[Reply]
BIG K 11:39 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao at the dweebs deciding Hardman sucks after 2 preseason games. God damn some of you are dumb.
Did you mean two years to get his shit together?
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:06 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by BIG K:
Did you mean two years to get his shit together?
This is a dumb ass fucking post. Maybe he doesn't get his shit together (?) I'm no expert but it's been said many of times that it takes 3 years for WR to get going in an Andy Reid offense and this is going be his third year. Mind you last year they had no OTAs and this year Mecole called out the Honey Badger during OTAs to work on his game. Maybe/maybe not he will be good this year its only going be up to how the season unfolds to find out. In the two years with Mecole Hardman we won two AFC Championships and a Super Bowl and probably could have won LV had we had an offensive line to give Mahomes time to get guys the ball.

If he sucks this year pat yourself on the back and tell me "told ya so" That's all you want to do is to have those ah ha moments "i was right he sucks because he dropped a ball" Even though he may have had several other big time plays in a previous game or any other game.

Where was Tyreek in the Super Bowl or any other WR why is Mecole singled out ? The offensive line was trash there was no chemistry because Patrick was running for his life. Also Andy Reid didn't make adjustments to help protect Patrick in the game.

I'm looking forward to watching Mecole Hardman score some touchdowns and help contribute to winning some ball games. Everyone else that isn't down with it can "Suck it"
[Reply]
eDave 12:21 AM 08-22-2021
Booooom.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:15 AM 08-22-2021
Ok let's talk about this "chemistry" you experts keep talking about, well I don't have to talk about it but I can show you this clip after a Mecole muffed punt that led to a Bills TD in the AFC Championship.

Patrick called out Mecole to make a play and Mecole responded with a jet sweep and WR screen for a Touchdown.

So he helped propel us into SB LV.

That was balls by Mecole Hardman and Patrick knew he had it in him so the all this talk about no chemistry is just people talking out their ass.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:52 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I remember a game Hardman made a mistake and Patricl went right to Mecole and told him he was going go right back to him and Mecole made a big play. They have chemistry you all just see what you want to see.
But this is the problem.

You're referring to the AFC Championship Game. Hardman fumbled a punt in the red zone that led to an easy Bills score. Mahomes then went back to him with a quick screen for a TD and a jet sweep that went for big yardage.

No one doubts that Hardman has talent and speed and can be a real contributor. It's just his inability to get on the same page with Mahomes **as a non-gadget receiver** that has been extremely frustrating.

And I think that's the outstanding issue for many here, including myself. It's not that I hate Hardman or think he sucks. I'm just disappointed he and Mahomes haven't been able to develop better chemistry and Hardman has consistently seemed to play with a low football IQ. I hope to death that changes this year, but I haven't seen anything yet in these two preseason games to offer a great deal of confidence.

There's just growing frustration and I hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:08 AM 08-22-2021
Veech will get Mahomes a legit #2...he tried with JuJu Smith-Schuster.

He had to fix the O-line first...Hardman is a #3. They will get one next season...

Shit, the Chiefs lost both starting tackles this year...priorities.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:26 AM 08-22-2021
As far as the Arizona game, he was not the number 2, he was playing the Tyreek role as the number one. All he did was prove that he's not a number 1 WR, which we all knew. Once the O is at full strength, he'll get his as usual. He's not Tyreek. Duh.
[Reply]
-King- 07:29 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Ok let's talk about this "chemistry" you experts keep talking about, well I don't have to talk about it but I can show you this clip after a Mecole muffed punt that led to a Bills TD in the AFC Championship.

Patrick called out Mecole to make a play and Mecole responded with a jet sweep and WR screen for a Touchdown.

So he helped propel us into SB LV.

That was balls by Mecole Hardman and Patrick knew he had it in him so the all this talk about no chemistry is just people talking out their ass.
Yeah, chemistry had to be just right for this pass to work.

Wait...you're being serious?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:30 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mahomes then went back to him with a quick screen for a TD and a jet sweep that went for big yardage.
This is the issue with Hardman.

Too many gadget plays, not enough legit WR production.

I'd like to see his numbers as a pure WR.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:38 AM 08-22-2021
The NFL should train women to keep the talented young, dumb, and full of cum. Focused and in line.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:40 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The NFL should train women to keep the talented young, dumb, and full of cum. Focused and in line.
Ah yes. The NFLPA Concubine program.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:42 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
But this is the problem.

You're referring to the AFC Championship Game. Hardman fumbled a punt in the red zone that led to an easy Bills score. Mahomes then went back to him with a quick screen for a TD and a jet sweep that went for big yardage.

No one doubts that Hardman has talent and speed and can be a real contributor. It's just his inability to get on the same page with Mahomes **as a non-gadget receiver** that has been extremely frustrating.

And I think that's the outstanding issue for many here, including myself. It's not that I hate Hardman or think he sucks. I'm just disappointed he and Mahomes haven't been able to develop better chemistry and Hardman has consistently seemed to play with a low football IQ. I hope to death that changes this year, but I haven't seen anything yet in these two preseason games to offer a great deal of confidence.

There's just growing frustration and I hope I'm wrong.
+1
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:14 PM 08-22-2021
Eh haters are going to hate. I'm going enjoy watching Mecole Hardman bust open plays for touchdowns in this offense. I'm also going enjoy watching all the guys step it up and make plays both sides of the ball. Another thing is we have pretty good depth at WR even if #2 is up for grabs those guys can go for four quarters and I don't know any defense that can keep up with our speed for four quarters let alone be ground pounded by our offensive line.

I don't give a shit if he is a gadget player, he is a play maker.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:17 PM 08-22-2021
I bet those guys rotate out #2 at least for a while and we have fresh legs in the fourth quarter.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:36 PM 08-22-2021
I'M going go out on a limb and say we are going win a bunch of God Damned football games this year and Mecole Hardman is going make a bunch of God Damned plays that help us win those God Damned games.

All y'all can suck it!

[Reply]
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up