ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 190
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:47 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We could get more hatred if we could get dudes to knock up then break up with other dudes sisters. Seemed to work for Ramsey and golden tate.
https://nypost.com/2020/08/24/b-h-th...layoff-moment/

Rivers, who is the daughter of Clippers coach Doc Rivers, ended her relationship with George after he allegedly cheated on her with a stripper while in Miami. George saw the stripper, Daniela Rajic, for several months and they had a child together.

He had a paternity test and was found to be the father, but objected to having a relationship with his daughter, prompting Rajic to take him to court.

They settled — and then later began seeing each other again and had a second daughter. They’re now in a full blown relationship and post cute family photos on social media all the time.

Rivers, meantime, hooked up with Curry, who played college basketball at Duke University with her brother, Austin. They were married last year and have a daughter of their own.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We could get more hatred if we could get dudes to knock up then break up with other dudes sisters. Seemed to work for Ramsey and golden tate.
Well there was that time that Delonte West was banging LeBron's mom and fucked him up something awful in the ECF.

But West was a teammate so that doesn't work....
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:52 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've made that precise argument a time or two 'round here.

It's more difficult to reach a real conclusion in what I believe is clearly the most 'team' dependant sport, but I think during that 5-6 year period Drew Brees absolutely has an argument to be the best QB on the planet. If you ding him for system, I think you have to ding Brady as well so he stands up there. And from '11 - '16 when Brees was torching creation, Manning wasn't Manning anymore (had his neck injury in 2011).

So at that point I'd say your best argument is Brees vs. Rodgers and yeah, you'd have a good one there. But at some point Rodgers was universally hailed because he did things more spectacularly - but that doesn't necessarily give him the clear edge over Brees unbelievable productivity in that period of time.
When Manning got hurt, Rodgers took a massive step up in production in 2011 (and if you look at his numbers, I don't think there's any question he was the best QB in the league from 2011 until 2018 when Mahomes showed up). Brees' best argument is that he was a better QB than Manning for a few of those later Indy years, but I just don't think he was. As much as I loathe him, Brady was actually probably the better player than Brees in those later Manning Indy years.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:57 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well there was that time that Delonte West was banging LeBron's mom and fucked him up something awful in the ECF.

But West was a teammate so that doesn't work....
I’ve heard that one for years and constantly seen it joked about. I’m sure I’ve made jokes about it too.

Has that ever been confirmed though? It’s such a crazy story, that’s it’s hard to imagine someone making it up and it being believed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:14 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ve heard that one for years and constantly seen it joked about. I’m sure I’ve made jokes about it too.

Has that ever been confirmed though? It’s such a crazy story, that’s it’s hard to imagine someone making it up and it being believed.
Yeah, various NBA insiders have said it happened. Seemed to be a pretty poorly guarded secret.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:39 PM 10-09-2020

Lebron is not playing in the softest era. I was in his era. And we all know I could’ve easily played in that 80’s era. I know players that played in the era coming out the 90’s that didn’t want any real smoke. All you commentators and players , never call my era soft.

— Metta World Peace (@MettaWorld37) October 9, 2020

I'm sure the guys on this forum know better, though.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:48 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

From the dude that ran into the stands to avoid Ben Wallace.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:55 PM 10-09-2020

So in this instance, one NBA players opinion matters, but in the GOAT conversation the overwhelming majority of players past and present (not to mention fans/media) DO NOT?

:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:59 PM 10-09-2020
:-) KCC is so clearly insecure about LeBron.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:32 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
From the dude that ran into the stands to avoid Ben Wallace.
I don’t think you recall exactly how that went down.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 10-09-2020
I don’t think you recall exactly how that went down.
Don’t ignore my question.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:18 PM 10-09-2020
I'll be the first to admit I haven't watched a minute of the NBA Finals since Game 1.

There have been too many other sporting events that are far more interesting, IMO, and this finals matchup has been about as bad as it gets.

It's like a Chiefs vs. Jets Super Bowl.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:20 PM 10-09-2020
Also, let’s not pretend that Ron Artest didn’t get punked that night.

He clearly wanted no fucking part of Ben Wallace. Ron Artest is one of the toughest dudes of that era, but he knew better than to fuck with Ben Wallace.

I don’t think there are many basketball players that want to fight that man though.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:24 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Also, let’s not pretend that Ron Artest didn’t get linked that night.

He clearly wanted no ****ing part of Ben Wallace. Ron Artest is one of the toughest dudes of that era, but he knew better than to **** with Ben Wallace.

I don’t think there are many basketball players that want to fight that man though.
I may be wrong but I think Ben Wallace was going through a family loss around that time too. He’s a scare dude lol
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:37 PM 10-09-2020
Lakers better pray that injury isn’t serious
[Reply]
Page 40 of 190
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up