ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I have an important life decision to make
TLO 07:11 PM 05-15-2022
I've been offered the opportunity to go to our cooperate headquarters in Minnesota to train to become an area director for the corporation I work with.

Right now I make $60k a year. And I'm generally happy with what I do. The area director position is like 85k a year.

The issue is, I don't think I have the money to live in Minnesota for 3 months. I'd be moving back to the KC area after I finish, and I'd want to keep the place I have in KC.

I'm not quite sure what to do. :-)
[Reply]
wutamess 07:41 AM 05-16-2022
No way they won't cover his training expenses.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:45 AM 05-16-2022
I agree that they should and probably would. I imagine they'd set you up in some extended stay place plus a food per diem. It might not be super extravagant but they're not going to make you pay double rent to train you, that's bad corporate policy that nobody would take.

Like a company can easily allocate funds for this sort of thing and at the end of the day it's what like ten grand tops over a three month period? If you work for a company that can't afford that what makes them think an employee can?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:11 AM 05-16-2022
Tell us when, a few can meet you for a drink if you are in MPLS---well--out of downtown
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:19 AM 05-16-2022
They probably would be giving you something to help but even if they don’t you have to take it. It’s a few months of maybe squeezing money or even taking a loan but it’s for a huge raise, almost 50% for you, and comes with a nice title to bolster the resume. It’s possible they feel this way and could use this justify no stipend. Should that be the case I’d say you have to accept that and do it anyways.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:20 AM 05-16-2022
I don't have any better advise than given, but I wish you the best of luck and prosper.
[Reply]
neech 08:24 AM 05-16-2022
So you get the job as area director but which area will I be assigned to might be the question you should ask them as well.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:24 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You take the training and you take the job. If you hate it you leave and go do another job but now the jobs you're applying to are regional manager jobs with 85k. Promotions can end up being a bad fit but they look great on a resume.

The jump from 60 to 85 is substantial as well.
Great post, and really, it's all you need to know. The opportunity to advance yourself from $60K-->$85K is big, and it's a career changing move.
[Reply]
TLO 08:46 AM 05-16-2022
They're covering my rent for the location I'll living at in Minnesota, my rent in St. Joe. Plus I have a food/living expenses/entertainment budget as well. On top my regular salary while training. :-)

They basically said whatever I needed/wanted, they would provide.
[Reply]
TLO 08:49 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
This is really surprising to me!

I can't believe you actually have a job.
I don't just have a job. I have a career.

Even more surprising, honestly.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:50 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
They're covering my rent for the location I'll living at in Minnesota, my rent in St. Joe. Plus I have a food/living expenses/entertainment budget as well. On top my regular salary while training. :-)

Beautiful. Well done and good luck!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:58 AM 05-16-2022

Life is good! If they're paying for your gas. Take a truck and fill the bed with 5 gallon gas containers.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:33 AM 05-16-2022

training:

log on planet:

profit.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:37 AM 05-16-2022
You answered your own question in the details, TLO. Turn it down.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:45 AM 05-16-2022
Tell them you want a real challenge not a manufactured ine. That line of logic found me in the UK eating baked beans for breakfast. Blood pudding too if i wanted it, but I didnt want it (its literally animal blood congealed with corn mash)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:36 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Tell them you want a real challenge not a manufactured ine. That line of logic found me in the UK eating baked beans for breakfast. Blood pudding too if i wanted it, but I didnt want it (its literally animal blood congealed with corn mash)
Here’s a challenge for you: try not to be such a shitty poster.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up