ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 167
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:25 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Those guys you listed are worthless in a deal like this. They’re fluff, no value.
WR and CB are both major positions of need for them. If they want Jerry Jeudy there is no way they'd get three #1 picks back.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:27 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I said Denver should offer three first round picks, KJ Hamler, Michael Ojemudia and their choice of Drew Lock or Teddy Bridgewater.

That is a more than fair deal for a 38 year old QB.

This offer is like a Price is Right showcase that starts off looking pretty sweet like it’s going to be a huge one with a new living room setup including a TV, then maybe $5k cash, next is a nice trailer camper, and then the announcer says “finally how about a way to use your camper” and then the big curtain opens up with you expecting the final item to be some cool truck to pull the camper but it turns out to be a trip to Tennessee for camping. Lots of disappointment there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:32 PM 05-28-2021
:-) Watch another team swoop in while the Broncos try to nickel and dime the Packers.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:33 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Watch another team swoop in while the Broncos try to nickel and dime the Packers.
It’s all pointless discussion anyways because he isn’t getting traded, at least not this offseason.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:53 PM 05-28-2021
WR and CB are both major positions of need for them. If they want Jerry Jeudy there is no way they'd get three #1 picks back.
Well duh. Jeudy was a first rd pick who has 4 more years of cost control. That better than a future late 1st rd pick
[Reply]
kccrow 12:05 PM 05-29-2021
Alright, I'll change my tune on this and up the ante for Green Bay.

If I'm talking to Denver, give me WR Jerry Jeudy, NB Bryce Callahan, a 2022 1st, and a 2023 conditional 3rd that turns into a 2nd if the Broncos make the playoffs in 2021 or 2022 and a 1st if they make it to the AFC Championship game in either year.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:38 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Alright, I'll change my tune on this and up the ante for Green Bay.

If I'm talking to Denver, give me WR Jerry Jeudy, NB Bryce Callahan, a 2022 1st, and a 2023 conditional 3rd that turns into a 2nd if the Broncos make the playoffs in 2021 or 2022 and a 1st if they make it to the AFC Championship game in either year.
I imagine the Broncos would be giddy over that arrangement.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:29 PM 05-29-2021
Bottom of the first round draft picks aren't really worth all that much, and it's not like Denver has any glaring needs they'll have to fill over the next two or three years.

What would the Packers rather have, a retired Aaron Rodgers or three first round picks + KJ Hamler and Michael Ojemudia? Rodgers can dictate where he wants to go, because nobody is going to give up a haul for a player who isn't going to report. Also, there aren't really any QB needy teams in the AFC who have the cap space ready to go for Rodgers, and the Packers don't have the cap space to fit an expensive QB coming back in the deal after eating Rodgers' dead money. The Broncos are the perfect spot.
Zero chance GB is going to give up Rodgers for low first rounders and that trash. If Denver is giving up players you can almost guarantee it's going to involve some sort of combo of Sutton, Jeudy, and/or Chubb.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:51 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I imagine the Broncos would be giddy over that arrangement.
Probably because any time you can add a franchise QB, most costs are palatable and I don't think it's "too" steep.

That said, Denver would be losing a significant player on both sides of the ball and a 1st for sure. If Jeudy cleans up his drops, he showed the potential to be a stud WR for the next decade. Callahan has been the best Nickle Corner in the NFL the past few seasons.

They'd probably be good enough to make the playoffs with Rogers and what they have left in at least one of the next two years, so I'd chalk up that conditional as a 2nd.

The Packers, arguably, improve their two biggest weaknesses and get some quality picks. If Love is any good at all, they still have the division well within their grasp.

I think it would be a win for both teams, really. That said, I hope Rogers doesn't go to Denver haha.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:25 AM 06-01-2021
Just as we thought. Poor Knowmo :-)

Packers aren't trading Aaron Rodgers for one simple reason: They don't believe he'll never play for them again. https://t.co/CYduQqS80F

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) June 1, 2021

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:39 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Robert Irsay says hello.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:41 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

“June 1st, just wait guys!!!!” - KnowMo

[Reply]
New World Order 09:44 AM 06-01-2021
What will General Paton do now, Knowmo?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:47 AM 06-01-2021
Rodgers and Miles Teller having the time of their lives together in Hawaii....getting in fights and shit

Aaron Rodgers and Miles Teller are having a jam session in Hawaii pic.twitter.com/QmyAD96EJF

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) May 27, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 10:27 AM 06-01-2021
While I don't think he gets traded, I'd say today starts the option to a trade, not necessarily the end?
[Reply]
Page 95 of 167
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Up