ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 172 of 192
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm talking about serviceable LT's. A serviceable LT is gonna carry alot of value.

It's just a year in on those guys from last year, they've been good but lets pump the brakes a little bit on that and see how it plays out.

The odds of there being 3 guys there like that are pretty slim year to year.
The year LJ Collier went in the 1st, you had Brian Burns and Montez Sweat drafted after the first 15 picks.

Pass rushers in that range are consistently better than LT. It’s not even debatable.

Also, if you’re passing on a high upside pass rusher to draft a serviceable LT when we already have Brown, that makes absolutely no sense.
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The year LJ Collier went in the 1st, you had Brian Burns and Montez Sweat drafted after the first 15 picks.

Pass rushers in that range are consistently better than LT.

Also, if you’re passing on a high upside pass rusher to draft a serviceable LT when we already have Brown, that makes absolutely no sense.
I'm talking in generalities not what I think the Chiefs should or will do. I'm very pro sign Brown to a long term deal and move forward.
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 AM 01-14-2022
IIRC, Garret Bolles and Isiah Wynn went in that range? Dillard was around there too.
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 01-14-2022
It seems 20 tends to be the cutoff for most rushers. What would it take to get from say 31/32 up to 18ish?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 AM 01-14-2022
I'm talking in generalities not what I think the Chiefs should or will do. I'm very pro sign Brown to a long term deal and move forward.
Even speaking generally, high upside pass rushers are more valuable than “serviceable” LTs. I don’t see how that’s really debatable.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 AM 01-14-2022
IIRC, Garret Bolles and Isiah Wynn went in that range? Dillard was around there too.
Wynn and Dillard are terrible :-).

But yes, Bolles is the extremely rare exception, and he didn’t even breakout until the end of his rookie deal.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 01-14-2022
Even speaking generally, high upside pass rushers are more valuable than “serviceable” LTs. I don’t see how that’s really debatable.
High upside pass rushers aren't generally available in the late first though is what I'm saying. I get last year you had one or two, but looking back at the past 7 or 8 drafts thats not likely to happen.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 01-14-2022
High upside pass rushers aren't generally available in the late first though is what I'm saying. I get last year you had one or two, but looking back at the past 7 or 8 drafts thats not likely to happen.
It obviously varies from year to year, and there are no guarantees, but there are plenty of guys that fit the bill THIS year.

Jermaine Johnson, Myjai Sanders, Travon Walker, Drake Jackson etc.

All high upside pass rushers.

That group is ridiculously better than the LT group outside of the top 20 picks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:57 AM 01-14-2022
The real discussion needs to be finding a long term RT. Everyone wants Niang to be that guy but he may just be a bit too injury prone. Penciling him in as an above average swing tackle on a rookie deal isnt the worst.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 01-14-2022
Wynn and Dillard are terrible :-).

But yes, Bolles is the extremely rare exception, and he didn’t even breakout until the end of his rookie deal.
I dunno about terrible, wouldn't call them good. Serviceable would fit.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 01-14-2022
I dunno about terrible, wouldn't call them good. Serviceable would fit.
They’re not good and they’re brokedicks. Serviceable implies that they are even available most of the time. They are not good examples to prove your point whatsoever.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 01-14-2022
It obviously varies from year to year, and there are no guarantees, but there are plenty of guys that fit the bill THIS year.

Jermaine Johnson, Myjai Sanders, Travon Walker, Drake Jackson etc.

All high upside pass rushers.

That group is ridiculously better than the LT group outside of the top 20 picks.
I haven't paid any attention to the draft this year yet, will be interesting to see play out.

I just don't see high impact rushers making it to our pick if they're as billed. We shall see though.
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The real discussion needs to be finding a long term RT. Everyone wants Niang to be that guy but he may just be a bit too injury prone. Penciling him in as an above average swing tackle on a rookie deal isnt the worst.
I'd guess you go the vet competition route again like this year or maybe draft someone in the 2nd/3rd?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 AM 01-14-2022
I haven't paid any attention to the draft this year yet, will be interesting to see play out.

I just don't see high impact rushers making it to our pick if they're as billed. We shall see though.
Which is exactly what you said last year too…
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:02 AM 01-14-2022
I'd guess you go the vet competition route again like this year or maybe draft someone in the 2nd/3rd?
Yeah. Take another high upside talent that falls. Veach ways seems to be interested in a couple of those per year. Niang could be the guy still, BTW.
[Reply]
Page 172 of 192
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182 > Last »
Up