ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 50
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sassy Squatch 11:33 AM 06-07-2022
There was an interview with the head writer that was pretty interesting. The scene with Vader killing the villagers was originally going to be much more intense but Lucasfilm made him dial it back. Bit of a shame. Also addressed the Grand Inquisitor but his answer was definitely in spoiler territory so going to leave that alone for now.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:25 PM 06-07-2022
The Drinker weighs in on this (and other related subjects)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:33 PM 06-07-2022
absolutely false

the prequels were horribly directed and poorly written

obi wan is the exact opposite
[Reply]
Frazod 09:02 PM 06-07-2022
I really enjoyed Solo. It was a fun movie, and came closest to capturing the swashbuckling feel of the '77 original.

The backlash against Solo was, IMO, misdirected backlash over the odious Last Jedi. As people became more and more annoyed with it, they were just looking for a scapegoat, and a movie featuring a new actor playing Han was the perfect target for them. Same thing happened to The Postman, which really wasn't a bad film - but everybody still wanted to slam Costner for Waterworld, so it got unfairly blasted. It's like a guy who reaches over to pinch a woman's ass, and then she turns around and slaps the guy directly behind her who didn't even see it happen. Wrong place, wrong time.

I would rank Solo above all post-80s movies except Rogue One.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:13 PM 06-07-2022
I think Disney has done a mostly exceptional job with the odious exceptions of hiring JJ Abrams and Daisy Ridley

Those two GIANT gaffes ruined the ST, but you can't say they haven't learned from their mistakes, UNLIKE the idiots who keep dicking around with Star Trek.

I have high hopes for the Ashoka and Andor series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:48 PM 06-07-2022
I didn't like Solo much the only time I saw it in theatres, but I suppose I should give it another chance at some point.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:37 AM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think Disney has done a mostly exceptional job with the odious exceptions of hiring JJ Abrams and Daisy Ridley

Those two GIANT gaffes ruined the ST, but you can't say they haven't learned from their mistakes, UNLIKE the idiots who keep dicking around with Star Trek.

I have high hopes for the Ashoka and Andor series.
From what I've read The High Republic will include Tyvokka Wookie Jedi Master
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:43 PM 06-07-2022

in a happier universe, anakin is listening intently to leia talk about all the starships she spotted that day pic.twitter.com/uvs7A7SJJw

— mel��KENOBI SPOILERS �� (@amisdalas) May 29, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:14 AM 06-08-2022
Have a feeling people aren't going to like today's episode much.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:28 AM 06-08-2022
Big apologies to The Spoiler Gestapo for giving away the 45 year old plot point.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 PM 06-08-2022
That was fucking awesome. God the lightsabers look great on this show.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:23 PM 06-08-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:43 PM 06-08-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:08 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Spoiler!
All Ben's sneaking around in this ep also reminds me how much damage and escaping the rebels have done throughout the movies just by sneaking around the various massive buildings/bases/ships/etc.

If the Empire would just put some video cameras around the place, the rebels would never have a success. Instead, let's just use a couple incompetent stormtroopers and maybe a droid to randomly roam around to watch everything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:37 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
All Ben's sneaking around in this ep also reminds me how much damage and escaping the rebels have done throughout the movies just by sneaking around the various massive buildings/bases/ships/etc.

If the Empire would just put some video cameras around the place, the rebels would never have a success. Instead, let's just use a couple incompetent stormtroopers and maybe a droid to randomly roam around to watch everything.

[Reply]
Page 24 of 50
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up