ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 37
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
CleveSteve 09:46 AM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Call me jaded, but we'll prolly draft the db's in those gifs.
It's Imoan Claiborne in both gifs.
[Reply]
O.city 08:06 PM 02-17-2015
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...talentconcerns
[Reply]
kccrow 10:46 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...talentconcerns
The real question is, is Green-Beckham the next R. Jay Soward or Reggie Williams or is he the next Randy Moss?
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:47 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The real question is, is Green-Beckham the next R. Jay Soward or Reggie Williams or is he the next Randy Moss?
Every player is a risk..remember that LB Seattle drafted a few years back.."sure thing..safest pick' guy?

He's 6-6...and where KC is drafting..they have to roll the dice on this dude. SF might take him though..

WR's are expensive..
[Reply]
In58men 02:53 PM 02-18-2015
Walterfootball has us drafting Breshad Perriman.

What are your thoughts on him? Good move?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:01 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Inmem58:

He has the talent to be mentioned with all the other top guys, but wasn't able to fully display it on tape due to some bad qb play in the couple games I saw. Aside from that he still flashed and made some great plays. Could definitely end up being the best WR in this class, but I'd rather go somewhere else if Parker and DGB are off the board though.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:45 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Inmem58:

I wouldn't take him in round 1, but he'd be on the radar round 2.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:55 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Every player is a risk..remember that LB Seattle drafted a few years back.."sure thing..safest pick' guy?

He's 6-6...and where KC is drafting..they have to roll the dice on this dude. SF might take him though..

WR's are expensive..
They don't "have" to roll the dice on this guy. There are plenty of really good receivers in this draft not named DGB. The fact that he is 6'6" has literally zero bearing on my thoughts on whether or not he can be a good receiver. I've painstakingly proven you don't need tall WRs in the NFL, even now. Speaking of zeroes, I have zero interest in KC rolling the dice on this kid whatsoever. I hope they go with a guy that doesn't smoke mj and isn't full of himself at the position and see how that works out. Maybe the kid works out, its possible, but I for one am not interested. Maybe that interest would perk up in round 3 if he's still on the board.
[Reply]
Sorter 06:42 PM 02-18-2015
Physically, DGB=Calvin.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:37 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Physically, DGB=Calvin.
Size maybe, doesn't look near as fast nor as polished. He should still run pretty well. I don't think he's a Calvin Johnson, hell nobody is. He's somewhere nearer to Plaxico Burress to me than Calvin. Burress ran a hand-timed 4.59 and had a 33" vertical. Calvin ran an electronically timed 4.35 and had a 42.5" vertical. I expect DGB to run around 4.50 and probably post a high 30's vertical. I'm not all that interested in his 40, but it will affect his draft stock. I also don't think he'll measure 6'6" as he's being advertised, but I could be wrong. I could have sworn he was 6'4" coming out of high school. Anyhow, I'm always most curious about 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle. At times DGB looks somewhat fluid and at other times he looks a bit clunky. He makes me curious, but I'm still not convinced with the off field shit. I'm not privy to interview him, but one has to think the interviews and thorough background investigations are going to be the number one reason he goes round 1 or not. He's a good enough receiver to go in round 1. I'd probably put him behind Cooper, White, and Parker with what I've seen on the field, but he'd still likely be a top-20 type. Hell, if he could have kept clean he'd probably have pushed for the #1 guy. He's just not polished enough coming out and has that baggage. We'll see. Based on what I know and can see, I'm not a round 1 buyer.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:47 PM 02-18-2015
Size maybe, doesn't look near as fast nor as polished. He should still run pretty well. I don't think he's a Calvin Johnson, hell nobody is. He's somewhere nearer to Plaxico Burress to me than Calvin. Burress ran a hand-timed 4.59 and had a 33" vertical. Calvin ran an electronically timed 4.35 and had a 42.5" vertical. I expect DGB to run around 4.50 and probably post a high 30's vertical. I'm not all that interested in his 40, but it will affect his draft stock. I also don't think he'll measure 6'6" as he's being advertised, but I could be wrong. I could have sworn he was 6'4" coming out of high school. Anyhow, I'm always most curious about 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle. At times DGB looks somewhat fluid and at other times he looks a bit clunky. He makes me curious, but I'm still not convinced with the off field shit. I'm not privy to interview him, but one has to think the interviews and thorough background investigations are going to be the number one reason he goes round 1 or not. He's a good enough receiver to go in round 1. I'd probably put him behind Cooper, White, and Parker with what I've seen on the field, but he'd still likely be a top-20 type. Hell, if he could have kept clean he'd probably have pushed for the #1 guy. He's just not polished enough coming out and has that baggage. We'll see. Based on what I know and can see, I'm not a round 1 buyer.
I'm guessing that DGB runs better than a 4.5.

That being said, he's definitely got some issues.
[Reply]
Jakemall 10:52 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Physically, DGB=Calvin.
Do you really think he has Calvin's hands or Speed? He's got hops and size, no doubt. He's certainly an athlete...but I don't think he's as fast.

I admit to only having seen what has been posted as highlights. Everyone describes him as extremely raw...beyond the character issues.

edit: NM... basically already posted.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 02-19-2015
DGB has 9" hands.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 11:39 AM 02-19-2015
Green-Beckham (6050, 237lb, 32 1/2" arms, 9-inch hands)

geez

tiny hands though
[Reply]
Urc Burry 11:46 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
DGB has 9" hands.
Yikes.. Amari had 10". But I never saw a problem with DGB dropping the ball. DGB is the same exact size as Calvin coming in. But like other have said.. I see him running a good time, but I just don't see a mid 4.3 like Calvin. Almost hoping he doesn't run that fast, because that could cause another team ahead of us to fall in love with him
[Reply]
Page 15 of 37
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up