ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 37
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:26 PM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
They damn well better grab two, and one of them should be our first round pick... because the more I think about it, the clearer it is that we arent getting any of the top tier free agents.

Dorsey simply isnt going to overpay for any of them, which is what he'd have to do to entice one to KC, unfortunately.

He overpaid Bowe, why not pay a FA WR that can produce? In the end there are so many WR options in FA and the draft this year I think we go OL in the first. Dorsey has a tradition of picking OL or OLB in the first and the OL draft and FA class just isn't near as deep as WR.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:20 PM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Dorsey has a tradition of picking OL or OLB in the first
Figure that out from his 2 and only drafts ever? Good shit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:55 PM 01-16-2015
He overpaid Bowe, why not pay a FA WR that can produce? In the end there are so many WR options in FA and the draft this year I think we go OL in the first. Dorsey has a tradition of picking OL or OLB in the first and the OL draft and FA class just isn't near as deep as WR.
Dorsey is simply not going to drastically overpay for any of the very few top free agent receivers, and it is a very small pool of elite guys to choose from this year.

An even if he decided to overpay, that doesnt always mean anyone would want to come here... sure , top receivers want money like everyone else, but they also want accomplishments and recognition, and any receiver on the outside looking in surely see's KC as a place where receiving escalades and glory goes to die.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:40 PM 01-16-2015
The only top receiver I can honestly say might come here is Maclin and that depends on if his relationship with Reid is as good as they say it is. I think we can forget about the rest of the top tier type guys.
[Reply]
philfree 10:30 AM 01-20-2015
I was thinking DGB would impress the Raiders and they'd make him the first WR off the board causing Parker to slip to #18 and the Chiefs.
[Reply]
jonzie04 11:29 AM 01-20-2015
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TvppcbWKz8#t=40
Great game by Hardy, god i want him. #mustnotgetattached #maynotbecomeachief
[Reply]
kccrow 09:24 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TvppcbWKz8#t=40
Great game by Hardy, god i want him. #mustnotgetattached #maynotbecomeachief
LoL you can join me at #alreadytooattached #attachmennotgoodformentalhealth
[Reply]
RunKC 11:01 AM 01-21-2015
I'm becoming a big fan as well. Hardy and Goodley in the mid rounds isn't too much to ask for, right?
[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 01-21-2015
I'd rather have lockett
[Reply]
kepp 03:14 PM 01-21-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:
I was thinking DGB would impress the Raiders and they'd make him the first WR off the board causing Parker to slip to #18 and the Chiefs.
I wouldn't put anything past the faiders.
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:46 PM 01-21-2015
There are a lot of good potential #1 WRs in this draft class and a bunch of guys who can become solid contributors. I just hope that Dorsey doesn't screw the pooch like he did last year and completely pass on taking any WRs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:48 PM 01-21-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
There are a lot of good potential #1 WRs in this draft class and a bunch of guys who can become solid contributors. I just hope that Dorsey doesn't screw the pooch like he did last year and completely pass on taking any WRs.
After this season....I don't think he can. Zero WR TDs and not drafting one? Might raise some eyebrows on the sports networks.
[Reply]
O.city 03:54 PM 01-21-2015
Right or wrong, I'd venture to say they'll have 2-3 new wrs next year
[Reply]
Rausch 04:51 PM 01-21-2015
Here's how I see the FA WR class of 2015:

Zero chance these guys are available.

Demarius Thomas
Dez Bryant

These guys are almost undoubtedly resigning with their current teams, but maybe one of them becomes available. Anyone of these guys would be great for us. Note:Everyone I've listed below would come cheaper than Bowe.

Jeremy Maclin
Randell Cobb
Eddie Royal
Torrey Smith

Harvin and Wallace are possible cuts, and Gordon might be available via trade. Anyone of these guys would be great, but all of them are possible cancers.

Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Josh Gordon

Older receivers, but one of the two might be available. Either would be an improvement.

Reggie Wayne
Hakeem Knicks

Some lesser receivers that are all still notable upgrades for our squad. Crabtree is simliar to Bowe in my mind, but much cheaper. Welker should retire before he's a vegetable. Shorts and kearse have been mentioned often as options. Kenny Britt, well I'm not a fan but others may feel he'd fit.

Michael Crabtree
Cecil Shorts
Jermaine Kearse
Wes Welker
Kenny Britt

If we drop Bowe we can pay 2 or 3 of these guys. At this point I see zero need to keep Bowe, we can spend that money elsewhere. Plenty of FA options and quality receivers in the draft. I think we need 3 new WR's and I don't feel that they'll be difficult to find, we may already have one of them in Rogers.
Maclin would be the best option. He knows the coach, offense, and is still fairly young...
[Reply]
O.city 07:23 AM 01-22-2015
So, Devin smith. Am I supposed to not like him, cause he deems like a great fit herr
[Reply]
Page 13 of 37
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up