ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 37
1 234511 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 08:59 PM 09-19-2014
Diggs is that fast. Especially on the track, though I don't know if he's 100% yet after last seasons leg injury.

Cooper seems to be the real deal.

However, we screwed ourselves when we didn't draft one this past draft. There were 6'2", 210 lb. 4.40 40 guys into the 7th round.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:20 PM 09-19-2014
Ty Montgomery - Stanford
Justin Hardy - East Carolina
Rannell Hall - Central Florida
Levi Norwood - Baylor
Vince Mayle - Washington State
Devante Davis - UNLV
Nick Harwell - Kansas
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:56 AM 09-20-2014
I don't really like Montgomery's hands and he is too much of a linear athlete.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:26 AM 09-20-2014
Lockett
[Reply]
OldSchool 04:37 PM 09-20-2014
Amari Cooper is the real deal, put up 9 catches for 195 yards and 2 TDs vs Florida's secondary going up against one of the best CBs at the CFB level in the nation.
[Reply]
OldSchool 09:07 PM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by :
West Virginia senior WR Kevin White caught 10 balls for 173 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 45-33 loss to Oklahoma.
White has exceeded 100 yards in each of the Mountaineers' first four games, and he's gone over 140 yards in three of them. All of that is good for 42 catches, 633 yards and three touchdowns, already superior to the 35 receptions for 507 yards he posted last season. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis wrote last week that they are "hearing a lot of Larry Fitzgerald comparisons" for White.
The more I hear and see of White, the more of it I'm buying. Late 1st to 2nd round pick? I would not mind having the next Larry Fitzgerald on the team.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:43 PM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
The more I hear and see of White, the more of it I'm buying. Late 1st to 2nd round pick? I would not mind having the next Larry Fitzgerald on the team.
This kid completely slipped my mind. Good player.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:06 AM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by kccrow:
This kid completely slipped my mind. Good player.
Yeah, I need to start paying more attention to West Virginia games. White was a beast against Bama's DBs.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:08 AM 09-23-2014
My only issue with White is that he doesn't appear to have great speed, takes him longer than you would want to eat up a DB's cushion and that's going to make it harder for him to get open at the NFL level.

[Reply]
bspence 03:04 AM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by DA_T_84:
Lockett

Would be an interesting mid to late round pick.

There are concerns about his hands, catch radius, and durability that will make him slide, but he's almost certainly better than some guys we run out there.
[Reply]
OldSchool 04:26 AM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by bspence:
Would be an interesting mid to late round pick.

There are concerns about his hands, catch radius, and durability that will make him slide, but he's almost certainly better than some guys we run out there.
Lockett looks terrible out there at times, do not want him at all.
[Reply]
bspence 10:11 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Lockett looks terrible out there at times, do not want him at all.
Not sure I have ever seen him look terrible outside the drop against Auburn, but that was one play. He still had a good game against an SEC defense with a bum wheel. He's not 100 percent this year and it's going to hurt his stock. This is the kind of stuff he can do against a 1st round pick when healthy.

www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=JjJoSeQxAa0

Broken link because I can't post links yet.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:54 PM 09-25-2014
Some tidbits on Cooper:

Originally Posted by :
An AFC talent evaluator said Alabama junior WR Amari Cooper is on the same level of prospect as former top-10 draft picks Sammie Watkins, Mike Evans, Justin Blackmon and A.J. Green.
"I think he's that level player," an AFC talent evaluator said. "He has some qualities of those guys you mentioned, but he's not the horse Julio [Jones] is; he just doesn't have that thoroughbred quality to him. But I like him. Smooth, long glider who can go up and pluck it." At 6-feet-1 and 210 pounds, Cooper compares physically to Watkins. "That's the closest comparison, at least among the recent guys," the evaluator said. "['Bama doesn't] use him quite as creatively as Clemson did with Sammy, but they can do some of the same things."
Originally Posted by :
NFL media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes Alabama junior WR Amari Cooper is better than Sammy Watkins.
"I had Amari Cooper ahead of Sammy Watkins and Marquise Lee (last year). The way (Cooper) played last year, being a little bit nicked up, that probably raised eyebrows, having him over Sammy Watkins," Jeremiah said. "But what I've seen from him now, I do, I think he's a better football player just all-around, just polished in everything, as a route runner, I think he's a little bit ahead of Sammy." Buffalo's Watkins, of course, was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. Cooper is No. 1 in the NCAA in both receptions (43) and receiving yards (655). "He looks like a No. 1 receiver should look," Bucky Brooks said. "He can run all the intermediate routes, he can get vertical, he can catch and run, he's physical, he's a willing blocker. He's playing in a pro-style offense so it shouldn't really be a big transition for him to go to the National Football League."
How pissed would you guys be if we passed on Cooper and took a DL/OL/OLB player instead?
[Reply]
KevB 12:23 AM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by bspence:
Not sure I have ever seen him look terrible outside the drop against Auburn, but that was one play. He still had a good game against an SEC defense with a bum wheel. He's not 100 percent this year and it's going to hurt his stock. This is the kind of stuff he can do against a 1st round pick when healthy.

www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=JjJoSeQxAa0

Broken link because I can't post links yet.
Agreed, outside of that drop I can't think of a single time I wasn't thrilled he was on my team. His speed, route running, playmaking and kick return abilities make him a very nice mid round pick. As you said, durability is the biggest concern.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 37
1 234511 > Last »
Up