ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 295
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:42 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Both guys are still incredibly talented players in the League. If you could get a guy like that for "free", why wouldn't you?
Protection issues.

I'm not opposed to putting him on the PS to see if he actually has any juice left. I mean he did suffer a pretty serious injury and he may just not have the wheels anymore.

But let's say for the sake of discussion that he still has HR speed - you've gotta make damn sure he knows the protections and pickups. And he wasn't even in camp with the team so you're taking a hell of a big risk in assuming he will.

I'd be pretty surprised if we see Guice in here. Veterans like Bell and McCoy I understand because they know the ropes and you've seen enough tape to know they'll get the job done in pass pro as soon as they understand the terminology. With a kid like Guice I just don't see them doing that without seeing him in camp first.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:43 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'd absolutely give him a shot. Of course, I absolutely would have kept Kareem as well.
It just makes too much sense to me. He's best friends with Clyde and Darrel already so settling down in the organization shouldn't be a problem and he's still young and talented. Also next year Darrel and Mckinon are free agents so getting Guice now on a cheap "prove it" deal could really benefit the team moving forward.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:43 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Protection issues.

I'm not opposed to putting him on the PS to see if he actually has any juice left. I mean he did suffer a pretty serious injury and he may just not have the wheels anymore.
TWO serious injuries.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I feel like Tyreek is still on the team because the Chiefs deep down know they jumped the gun on releasing Kareem. Maybe they dont want that added baggage but it was night and day how those 2 situations were handled and the accusations against Tyreek were far worse than what Kareem did.
Tyreek is on the team because deep down they knew that he was a unicorn.

Unless/until the league made them cut him, they weren't going to get rid of a guy who was essentially built in a lab to perfectly complement Patrick Mahomes.

I think a completely unique skill-set got Hill a lot more rope than most players in his situation would've gotten.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:46 PM 10-04-2021
I feel like Tyreek is still on the team because the Chiefs deep down know they jumped the gun on releasing Kareem. Maybe they dont want that added baggage but it was night and day how those 2 situations were handled and the accusations against Tyreek were far worse than what Kareem did.
I feel like its because he told them he didnt do it and then it turned out he didnt do it. Where Kareem told them he didnt and then it turned out he did. But maybe im way off.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:47 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Protection issues.

But let's say for the sake of discussion that he still has HR speed - you've gotta make damn sure he knows the protections and pickups. And he wasn't even in camp with the team so you're taking a hell of a big risk in assuming he will.

I'd be pretty surprised if we see Guice in here. Veterans like Bell and McCoy I understand because they know the ropes and you've seen enough tape to know they'll get the job done in pass pro as soon as they understand the terminology. With a kid like Guice I just don't see them doing that without seeing him in camp first.
I could see that. I loved him coming out of LSU, though.
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
To build on this: we're #1 in points per drive at 3.56. No other team is currently above 3 points per drive. The only teams to maintain 3+ points per drive for an entire regular season: '13 Broncos, the '98 Vikings, the '11 Packers, the '10 Patriots, the '11 Saints, and the '07 Patriots. We truly are killing it with limited opportunities so far this season, even with a higher turnover rate than we're accustomed to.

Red zone TD % has shot up to 80% from 61% last season.

We're also #1 in 3rd down conversion % at 64% which is insanely good. Next best team is the Chargers at 54%.

(I stole all of these stats from cthepo, who did the legwork, on the Chiefs subreddit)
But but the offense……

Just get the defense up from dirty asshole to just meh and we’re cooking with gas
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:50 PM 10-04-2021
Imagining Tyreek playing on another team would've been soul-crushing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:52 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Imagining Tyreek playing on another team would've been soul-crushing.
Not as soul crushing as Mahomes being drafted by another team. That thought always irks me.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:54 PM 10-04-2021
Accusations are futile as anyone can make them and he was not found guilty of any sexual assault. The choking issue was settled out of court and apparently wasn't even put on his record from what I understand so again the truth is gray. The Kareen Hunt offense was on video and no-one even mentions it now. I don't think folks would be bothered about Guice tbh.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:55 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I feel like its because he told them he didnt do it and then it turned out he didnt do it. Where Kareem told them he didnt and then it turned out he did. But maybe im way off.
Could be. I stopped following the Tyreek shit after it was apparent it was going nowhere and it was just a bunch of Karens barking at eachother. I dont believe anything was definitively found out at the end of the day.

The Kareem thing happened so fucking fast I feel like they didnt even sit down and think about what to do and immediately leapt to the most extreme choice. Kareem was drunk so whether he knew he did anything or not I have no idea but that man was dropped from the team like someone just released video of him putting that girls mouth on a curb and smashing the back of her head when really she just stumbled on her own drunk ass and he gave her what was essentially a get the fuck out of here tap with his shoe after she punched him in the face.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:56 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Not as soul crushing as Mahomes being drafted by another team. That thought always irks me.
That would've been horrible, but in that case you can't miss what you've never had, right?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:57 PM 10-04-2021
Could be. I stopped following the Tyreek shit after it was apparent it was going nowhere and it was just a bunch of Karens barking at eachother. I dont believe anything was definitively found out at the end of the day.

The Kareem thing happened so ****ing fast I feel like they didnt even sit down and think about what to do and immediately leapt to the most extreme choice. Kareem was drunk so whether he knew he did anything or not I have no idea but that man was dropped from the team like someone just released video of him put that girls mouth on a curb and smashing the back of her head when really she just stumbled on her own drunk ass and he gave her what was essentially a get the **** out of here tap with his shoe after she punched him in the face.
I agree it seemed fast and extreme, but if the video came out after he told the owner theres nothing to worry about i didnt touch her...
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:58 PM 10-04-2021
The Kareem thing happened so fucking fast I feel like they didnt even sit down and think about what to do and immediately leapt to the most extreme choice.
That was my initial response, but i deleted it. IIRC, the incident happened a few months prior, didn't it? That would mean the Chiefs had time to digest it and decided to look away and keep him on the roster.

Then, out of nowhere, the video got released like a splash of cold water and the rest is history.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:00 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
That would've been horrible, but in that case you can't miss what you've never had, right?
We did for 40 years
[Reply]
Page 209 of 295
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259 > Last »
Up