ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Media Center>She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Tribal Warfare 03:12 PM 05-18-2022

[Reply]
Sorter 07:39 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
"Victoria Alonso’s Business Strategy"? :-) She's the #3 person at Marvel, and her job isn't even creative, she's in charge of post-production and visual effects. Whatever this website is, they should try harder to hide their sexism.
Originally Posted by :
Alonso concluded, “We can only tell stories if we succeed and actually have money to make them. So the idea being, ‘If it makes money, why not make it?’ To me it seemed like a very simple equation, but it took a lot of time, a lot of talking.”
If the ratings are lower than Ms. Marvel, doesn't that mean they are losing money? Not sure where the sexism plays in.
[Reply]
Jamie 08:10 PM 09-21-2022
Because they're trying to make her the SJW villain when A) the people above her at Marvel have said similar things, and B) it's not even her purview anyway. She's not making these shows, she's not deciding what shows to make. Again, she's in charge of post production and visual effects. If you want to criticize her for the dodgy CG and mistreatment of FX studios, that's fair. This isn't.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:18 AM 09-22-2022
Because they're trying to make her the SJW villain when A) the people above her at Marvel have said similar things, and B) it's not even her purview anyway. She's not making these shows, she's not deciding what shows to make. Again, she's in charge of post production and visual effects. If you want to criticize her for the dodgy CG and mistreatment of FX studios, that's fair. This isn't.

Running straight to the sexism attack as a defense?

:-)

Here's a tip for you. Given that this is in the article:

Originally Posted by :
Not only does the Nielsen data call into question Samba TV’s reporting, but it also calls into question Marvel Studios’ business model.

Marvel Studios executive Victoria Alonso detailed that business model during an appearance at Annecy International Animation Film Festival back in June 2021.
The smarter angle would be for you to just claim that the title author incorrectly attributed the announcing party as the person behind the strategy, rather than being so hypersensitive as to immediately crack out the "SEXISM!" attack without having even a shred of evidence to support such a charge.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:20 AM 09-22-2022
You think they just got misattributed it? Like they got confused and didn't know Kevin Feige runs Marvel, and has talked about how he believes diversity is important multiple times over the years? They just did an oopsie and thought Victoria Alonso came up with this and announced it during a panel at an obscure French animated film festival last year?

Come on. This website is either going out of their way to point the finger at her to make better anti-woke clickbait, or they're completely fucking incompetent.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:44 AM 09-22-2022
You think they just got misattributed it? Like they got confused and didn't know Kevin Feige runs Marvel, and has talked about how he believes diversity is important multiple times over the years? They just did an oopsie and thought Victoria Alonso came up with this and announced it during a panel at an obscure French animated film festival last year?

Come on. This website is either going out of their way to point the finger at her to make better anti-woke clickbait, or they're completely fucking incompetent.

I think you're being an idiot for jumping to the conclusion you made. And this follow up of yours is just reinforcing that.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:45 PM 09-22-2022
This last episode wasn't very good. Bland, cliche ridden, not much of the humor really landed.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:25 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I think you're being an idiot for jumping to the conclusion you made. And this follow up of yours is just reinforcing that.
You can call me an idiot, but you can't specifically disagree with my point? Fair enough. Honestly I should have known the s-word would trigger people, I should have just called it "biased" instead.

Originally Posted by listopencil:
This last episode wasn't very good. Bland, cliche ridden, not much of the humor really landed.
Back on topic, I agree. I thought the first two were okay, and the two with Wong were good, but these last two haven't been great. Though admittedly I might have been let down because I went in expecting this to be the Daredevil episode.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:29 PM 09-22-2022
You can call me an idiot, but you can't specifically disagree with my point? Fair enough. Honestly I should have known the s-word would trigger people, I should have just called it "biased" instead.

I can't "specifically" disagree with your point?

:-)

I stated that there's no evidence to support your point, because there's no evidence to support your point. Again, you're being an idiot.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:11 PM 09-22-2022
Back on topic, I agree. I thought the first two were okay, and the two with Wong were good, but these last two haven't been great. Though admittedly I might have been let down because I went in expecting this to be the Daredevil episode.

I'm hoping that's what they meant when they had her say something about a self contained episode at a bad time. That this episode didn't move the overall story forward, and help usher in the appearance of Daredevil. The show has been mildly entertaining fluff and I've enjoyed it well enough so I'll keep watching to see how it goes.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:04 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Two things I saw -

1) They're making a point to show Bruce is still on Sakaar (or elsewhere)

2) Someone's trying to harness her blood. Now, who? My first thought - the Essex Corporation. That would be a huge "OH FUCK" moment if true, but it would be a definite way to breathe life into this show (not mentioning Murdoch on his way as well).
[Reply]
listopencil 08:20 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Two things I saw -

2) Someone's trying to harness her blood. Now, who? My first thought - the Essex Corporation. That would be a huge "OH FUCK" moment if true, but it would be a definite way to breathe life into this show (not mentioning Murdoch on his way as well).
It just felt like a filler episode though. The show isn't strong enough to be episodic.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:24 AM 09-23-2022
WOKE
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:01 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Two things I saw -

-- World War Hulk
2) Someone's trying to harness her blood. Now, who? My first thought - the Essex Corporation. That would be a huge "OH ****" moment if true, but it would be a definite way to breathe life into this show (not mentioning Murdoch on his way as well).
-- Red Hulk on the horizon, see above.
Ideas / theories above.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:02 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I can't believe anyone watches such an idiotic show.
Last couple episodes haven't been as good as the first few, but it's entertaining. Plenty of actually funny shit happens.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:02 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
WOKE
I'm not interested in this show - just not a character that I care about. Same goes for the Lord of the Rings stuff. I just never could get into any of the movies. So I'm not watching either. But I'm paying attention to both threads to see if people go "Ok, that was worth the slow episodes" so that I can go back and watch them.

So if you're not watching the show and it clearly offends you, why are you in here posting about a show you hate that you've never seen?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up