ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Media Center>Thor: Love and Thunder
Munson 05:11 PM 04-18-2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 10-10-2022
I didn't think it was awful, but there was no question they turned the knob too far towards 'cheeky'.

But Marvel has been kinda bad about that for a long time now. Anytime they start to border on something approaching emotional resonance, they throw some goofy one-liner in there to break the weight of it.

End Game was the only one that was just too heavy to dodge it.

I feel like the Captain American centered movies tend to do a little better job of it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:51 PM 10-11-2022
Fuck the shittiness of this movie makes me so mad. It's like they took all of Thor's growth as a character and threw it out the window, then made him an idiot.

So much cheesy shit. The goat things pulling that God damn boat was ridiculous. The fight at the beginning. The "love triangle" between Thor, Mjolnir, and Storm Breaker. The way they made all of the Gods look. The end fight with all of the kids.

So much more I could pick out if I wanted to suffer through a re watch.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:43 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fuck the shittiness of this movie makes me so mad. It's like they took all of Thor's growth as a character and threw it out the window, then made him an idiot.

So much cheesy shit. The goat things pulling that God damn boat was ridiculous. The fight at the beginning. The "love triangle" between Thor, Mjolnir, and Storm Breaker. The way they made all of the Gods look. The end fight with all of the kids.

So much more I could pick out if I wanted to suffer through a re watch.
Yeah, I can safely say that this is one movie that I won't be rewatching.

Hell, I even rewatched The Dark World maybe 3 times, one rewatch because I couldn't believe it was as bad as it was, and then again when my son and I watched the whole series in order leading up to Endgame.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 10-13-2022
Oof.

I forgot about the 'love triangle' thing - yeah, that was awful.

But I'm sorry, I laughed at the goddamn goats every time. I'm an infant - I will go drink antifreeze now.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:41 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This may be my least favorite marvel movie
The Eternals barely edges it out as least favorite for me. But I certainly won’t quibble with you or anyone else for placing TL&T in that spot.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:00 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oof.

I forgot about the 'love triangle' thing - yeah, that was awful.

But I'm sorry, I laughed at the goddamn goats every time. I'm an infant - I will go drink antifreeze now.
Yep, love triangle got old really fast but the goats were funny.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 02:02 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
The Eternals barely edges it out as least favorite for me. But I certainly won’t quibble with you or anyone else for placing TL&T in that spot.
I didn't have the cringe 'why am I watching this?' feeling with Eternals that I did with Love & Thunder. Eternals could of been a good movie, it just needed its script to be polished some more. There were interesting ideas there that were glossed over or not expounded upon enough.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:17 PM 10-13-2022
Dang, tough crowd. I thought the love triangle was one of the funnier bits in the movie.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:30 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Dang, tough crowd. I thought the love triangle was one of the funnier bits in the movie.
See it could have been a funny element, but instead it was one of many pieces of shit that made up the pile.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:46 AM 10-15-2022
I think it's fairly obvious Taika bought his own press after the success of Ragnarok and JoJo Rabbit, not to mention What We Do in the Shadows, and he either got really lazy for this one or thought he had carte blanche to proceed in any way direction he wanted. This continued story arc they keep throwing Thor in was wrapped up nicely with Endgame; they took it one movie too far with Love and Thunder and managed to fuck up one of the better Thor stories out there with Gorr the God Butcher while doing it (if not THE best Thor story out there) and ruin what could have possibly been a better villain for the MCU than Thanos. Thor is a warrior born and god level badass, not a circus clown stumbling out of a tiny car. Humor is fine, just don't make him a bumbling incompetent for the hue-hue-hue's over and over and over again. That's not who he is and what we're here for.

I've bitched enough about this movie enough, so I'll leave it be. I'm assuming there will be another Thor movie in the works, and I'll assume Thor is a major player in the upcoming Secret Wars arc. I'll look forward to where they take him and who is picked to direct it, because I'm also assuming Waititi won't be back.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:47 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think I may prefer The Dark World over this turd.
You know I balked at this a bit...but damn you're right
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:49 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think it's fairly obvious Taika bought his own press after the success of Ragnarok and JoJo Rabbit, not to mention What We Do in the Shadows, and he either got really lazy for this one or thought he had carte blanche to proceed in any way direction he wanted. This continued story arc they keep throwing Thor in was wrapped up nicely with Endgame; they took it one movie too far with Love and Thunder and managed to fuck up one of the better Thor stories out there with Gorr the God Butcher while doing it (if not THE best Thor story out there) and ruin what could have possibly been a better villain for the MCU than Thanos. Thor is a warrior born and god level badass, not a circus clown stumbling out of a tiny car. Humor is fine, just don't make him a bumbling incompetent for the hue-hue-hue's over and over and over again. That's not who he is and what we're here for.

I've bitched enough about this movie enough, so I'll leave it be. I'm assuming there will be another Thor movie in the works, and I'll assume Thor is a major player in the upcoming Secret Wars arc. I'll look forward to where they take him and who is picked to direct it, because I'm also assuming Waititi won't be back.
He's turned What We Do in the Shadows into a complete pile of shit as well. Strong start...now it’s pure garbage
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:24 AM 10-19-2022
MCU took Hulk and Thor and put their character arcs in a dumpster.

sad.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:55 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That isn't exactly a strong endorsement considering the movie was lacking much in the way of actually funny bits.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:13 AM 10-20-2022
Sort of off-topic but I am anticipating Black Adam being thrown into the same bucket as this movie.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up