ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:31 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
There's overstating for effect and then there's this.
I'm not overstating it... that is my opinion and I stand by it. This episode was BAD.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:06 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I'm not overstating it... that is my opinion and I stand by it. This episode was BAD.
Nah. And you certainly can't invoke Discovery and expect that take to be taken seriously after that.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:10 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
No where near as bad as Discovery. Not even the same universe.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:25 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
No where near as bad as Discovery. Not even the same universe.
I didn't say it was as bad as Discovery (comparing a single episode to an entire massively flawed series). I said that had this been an episode of Discovery... it would have been among their worst.

Singular episode. This was fucking BAD. Everything else in SNWs has been some of the better Trek to come out and it is the best live action Trek to hit the screen since DS9.

But this ONE episode was hot fucking garbage.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:26 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Nah. And you certainly can't invoke Discovery and expect that take to be taken seriously after that.
This episode had me waiting for it to end like every episode of Discovery so far. I get you disagree and that is fine. But this was a garbage throw-away episode.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:13 AM 07-02-2023
Something to tide you over until the next episode...

https://youtu.be/jYv9seckvxQ
[Reply]
srvy 04:54 PM 07-03-2023
So far season 3 blows. I will continue on in hopes that it will improve.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:39 PM 07-03-2023
Sorry if I am the loner here but I didn't seem to hate this last episode as much as most of you.

And I certainly don't hate this season at all. In reality SNW has made me give Star Trek another look because I sure couldn't get into Star Trek Picard.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:02 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Sorry if I am the loner here but I didn't seem to hate this last episode as much as most of you.

And I certainly don't hate this season at all. In reality SNW has made me give Star Trek another look because I sure couldn't get into Star Trek Picard.
There's nothing wrong with the episode or this season.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:05 PM 07-03-2023

I enjoyed the episode. I thought it was better than episode two. The two mains (Kirk and Singh) did a great job. The primary support (Romulan) was very good as well. At some point it gets stupid to talk about a society shattering world war that happened in the 90's on a show being broadcast in 2023 and they found a way around it.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:45 PM 07-03-2023
If you were actually trying to reconcile the myriad of continuity problems that exist in Star Trek now, a future temporal war changing history isn't the worst way to do it. I mean it'd probably be better to just ignore it, but if you had to explain it.

In a similar vein, I used to have a theory that Enterprise (the show) was a result of the changes to the timeline caused by the bits of future knowledge Zefram Cochrane learned in First Contact.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:29 PM 07-04-2023

I liked it also, it humanized La'an instead of the typical STRONG WOMAN/frigid bitch.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:21 PM 07-04-2023
Mark me down as enjoying that episode. An interesting little take on an alternate reality gone wrong.

And also mark me down as enjoying Christina Chong in general -

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:49 AM 07-07-2023
Back to exploring and doing Enterprise stuff.

Solid episode last night! They okie-doked me with the beginning of the episode and made me think we were doing another La'an type episode.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:02 PM 07-07-2023
Might have been my favorite episode after a couple (IMO) stinkers that had little to do with the premise of the show (you know, Strange New Worlds). As Mr.Janx noted, I was pleasantly surprised we didn't have to endure another personalized episode. The show was sorely missing Pike and I'm glad we got to see him in action.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up