ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 72
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:20 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
There's nothing to be inferred beyond he's having a terrible time these days, his interceptions are way up, and his decisions aren't as keen as they have been. We've seen poor throws and poor decisions from him more frequently than in previous years. Let's hope he's out of it and all we have to worry about is our defense.

That doesn't make Lew any less of a hateful drunk.
He’s not having an MVP start but, he’s not having a terrible start. Only two or three interceptions can be placed on him. Hell, Reek has let two passes go off his hands for a pick the past two games.

But, let’s go back to why I got involved in this discussion the first place -

Does Mahomes’ contract factor into the play we have seen from him this season?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 PM 10-17-2021
He got paid, right?
What are the few things his salary might explain?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:23 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
He’s not having an MVP start but, he’s not having a terrible start. Only two or three interceptions can be placed on him. Hell, Reek has let two passes go off his hands for a pick the past two games.

But, let’s go back to why I got involved in this discussion the first place -

Does Mahomes’ contract factor into the play we have seen from him this season?
Nobody can be sure (other than Lew after he polishes off a(nother) bottle :-)), but the timing can't be denied.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:24 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
What are the few things his salary might explain?
He's distracted with financial matters and, perhaps, philanthropic endeavors.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:31 PM 10-17-2021
Are you guys serious? You think Pat would allow himself to be distracted by the money?

You know that he's a new father right? Are you aware that having a newborn often involves having to take care of those fatherly responsibilities at often the most inopportune times? Like at 2am? For maybe up to 3 hours if the kid won't go back to sleep?

Now that doesn't explain what's going on with the rest of the team, but Mahomes doesn't need to look any farther than his own home to find plenty of distractions.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:33 PM 10-17-2021
Nobody can be sure (other than Lew after he polishes off a(nother) bottle :-)), but the timing can't be denied.
So, let me get this straight…

The guy who has a personal coach from way back when that he uses each year to strengthen his game in different aspects is mailing it in now that he is getting paid?

The idea of being the greatest ever is not on his mind/life goals?

You are seriously turning a blind eye to who is as an individual. He doesn’t want to just get paid, he wants a fucking legacy. That is who he is.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:37 PM 10-17-2021
He's distracted with financial matters and, perhaps, philanthropic endeavors.
Well let's see your proof of this, detective dillweed.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:39 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well let's see your proof of this, detective dillweed.
Watch this years games and get back to me.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:40 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Are you guys serious? You think Pat would allow himself to be distracted by the money?

You know that he's a new father right? Are you aware that having a newborn often involves having to take care of those fatherly responsibilities at often the most inopportune times? Like at 2am? For maybe up to 3 hours if the kid won't go back to sleep?

Now that doesn't explain what's going on with the rest of the team, but Mahomes doesn't need to look any farther than his own home to find plenty of distractions.
When you say "guys" you mean GloryDayz. Yes that's what GloryDayz thinks.

I don't see a statistically significant indication that he is distracted at all by anything. Just let him play.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:42 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Agree, the infant child is a much more likely distraction for him than money. He hasn’t even been paid the big money yet. Only $10M last year and $22M this year.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:43 PM 10-17-2021
Is this a real life thread?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:43 PM 10-17-2021
We good. Mahomes just being dumb. He still made that shovel pass on the run no one else makes.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:44 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
So, let me get this straight…

The guy who has a personal coach from way back when that he uses each year to strengthen his game in different aspects is mailing it in now that he is getting paid?

The idea of being the greatest ever is not on his mind/life goals?

You are seriously turning a blind eye to who is as an individual. He doesn’t want to just get paid, he wants a fucking legacy. That is who he is.
Let's hope you're right and what we saw happen in the 2nd half continues for the remainder of the season.

I'm counting on it because I'm on record as saying I'm all but sure we'll make the playoffs. For that to happen we need Pat to get back to the Pat we all got used to seeing every Sunday. Like Lew getting drunk and showing how hateful he can be.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:46 PM 10-17-2021
He doesn't like sitting inside the pocket.

You can just tell.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:46 PM 10-17-2021
Watch this years games and get back to me.
That's not proof. You're just throwing out a claim without any actual evidence to back it up.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 72
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up