ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Frazod 04:55 PM 02-21-2019
This video popped up on my YouTube feed. Seemed like a good basis for a thread.

The five films discussed in the video, panned by various Brits to the general disdain of other Brits off camera, are The Shining, Forrest Gump, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Gone With the Wind and The Blair Witch Project.

I think the first three guys are mostly nuts, wholeheartedly agree regarding GWTW, and argue that Blair Witch was never great in the first place.

So what great movie(s) do you hate? I'll chime my picks in later.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:31 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
2001 is spectacular IMO, I love everything Kubrick anyway.

Haven't hated a movie in a very long time, but a couple in the way overrated category - Rosemary's Baby, another is La La Land and I have nothing against musicals. Leibowski I agree didn't land for me. Maybe O Brother Where Art Thou...although I was over-medicated at the theater then.
I really enjoyed O Brother Where Art Thou, and I'm definitely not a big Clooney fan. The guy who played Delmar really cracked me up.

Although I cannot fathom what any man would see in Holly Hunter's character. Or in Holly Hunter generally. I do not like her. At all.
[Reply]
Third Eye 06:33 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
He was supposed to be. This isn't a movie that was trying to take itself seriously. That is part of its enjoyability.
I get that, still just doesn’t work for me.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL.

I haven’t watched it in a decade but I thought it was fucking hilarious. I viewed it as a violent comedy not some sort of serious piece.

I’ve got buddies that I’ll still throw the “I killed your cat you druggie bitch!” Line at.

And I’ll fire off a “you and your fucking rope” at virtually anybody that makes me do anything with a rope.

I think it’s funnier than hell.
I love violent comedies. Love ‘em. Hated this one though. Different strokes for different folks kind of thing.
[Reply]
Bump 06:42 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Thin Red Line was boring as hell.
I recently watched that for the first time. Had some ok scenes but really wasn't entertained and Adrian Brody with the stupid face he was making was cringe
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:53 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I actually didn't walk out of this movie but wish i had Envy. With Ben Stiller and Jack Black I was like this is going be hilarious. How could it not be funny? About half way through the movie I hadn't even chuckled or lifted a grin. Then I had to piss. I just wanted something funny from the movie so I held it till then end and never once laughed. I should have walked out on it. Maybe it would have been a funny 5 minute SNL skit but not a movie.

Jack Black invents a spray that makes dog poop go away
Christopher Walkens character was pretty funny but that was it.

[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:09 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I really enjoyed O Brother Where Art Thou, and I'm definitely not a big Clooney fan. The guy who played Delmar really cracked me up.

Although I cannot fathom what any man would see in Holly Hunter's character. Or in Holly Hunter generally. I do not like her. At all.

You just reminded me of another "great" movie... The Piano. That movie can go fuck itself with a concrete dildo, get broken off and then get beaten to death with the rest.
[Reply]
-King- 11:28 AM 01-21-2022
I don't think I like any of the Stanley Kubrik movies I've seen though I've only seen 2.3 of them. I've watched The Shining, FMJ, and 1/3 of 2001 space Odyssey before I said fuck that boring shit.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:42 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't think I like any of the Stanley Kubrik movies I've seen though I've only seen 2.3 of them. I've watched The Shining, FMJ, and 1/3 of 2001 space Odyssey before I said **** that boring shit.
He has an eye for visually pleasing cinematography. FMJ is excellent for the opening basic training act, then morphs into a competent anti-war war movie, and is let down by a pretty mediocre acting minus D'Onofrio and Ermey.

Regarding 2001, that movie must have been controversial for its time depicting a link between monkeys and humans.
[Reply]
TLO 12:29 PM 01-21-2022
Any Marvel movie ever.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:52 PM 01-21-2022
I wanna participate, but "hate" is a strong word. Can't think of any movies i "hated", let alone popular ones. Lets go with dislike...

The original Star Wars movies are vastly over rated.

The original exorcism....meh.

Oh, i know: TWILIGHT.

Blade.

The Fifth Element.

Anything with Superman in it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:54 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Natural Born Killers...****ing depressing and just horrible. I have a visceral hatred of that movie.

Friday... Apparently I'm too white for that movie, but I literally smirked once...it was just plain stupid and not funny at all.
Two of my all time favorites, lol.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:56 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Napoleon Dynamite. Ughh.... I didn't make it through half that stupid movie...
HA. I fucking love this movie.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:08 PM 01-21-2022
The Harry Potter movies. The couple I saw bored the shit out of me.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:31 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Blade.
Hmm, Blade though? Blade was fucking awesome! That opening scene has to be one of the best superhero intros in film.
[Reply]
Spott 02:12 PM 01-21-2022
Anyone that said the Big Lebowski is dead to me.
[Reply]
-King- 05:35 PM 01-21-2022
I remember watching Snowpiercer and rushing online to read and laugh at people trashing it and couldn't believe that not only did people think it was good but some were calling it a masterpiece and I believe it even won some awards.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up