ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Frazod 04:55 PM 02-21-2019
This video popped up on my YouTube feed. Seemed like a good basis for a thread.

The five films discussed in the video, panned by various Brits to the general disdain of other Brits off camera, are The Shining, Forrest Gump, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Gone With the Wind and The Blair Witch Project.

I think the first three guys are mostly nuts, wholeheartedly agree regarding GWTW, and argue that Blair Witch was never great in the first place.

So what great movie(s) do you hate? I'll chime my picks in later.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:29 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Already listed but will reiterate (I don't hate many movies but these three, yeah, much dislike):

Thin Red Line (boring ass war movie with no war; bunch of emo bundle of stickss walking around in wheat fields...ooh, much anti-war, very art, wow)

Signs (****ing reeruned. Aliens that can jump over buildings but can't kick in doors? Water kills them, so they invade a water planet? gtfo) - not sure if this one really fits the description anyway; do people consider this turd "great"?

Independence Day (hack movie made by hack director populated with hacktors speaking whack dialogue and 'splosions! Michael Bay reerunation level 100 from Roland Emmerich...same guys vomited out an absolute shit Godzilla flick)

A couple I hate that I have not seen mentioned:

Armageddon (extended sappy music video; worse, the video is for a shit band that spews out sappy garbage intended for people with shit taste in music. Stupid, sappy, heavy-handed, dumb)

Gravity (ho-leee shit was this ****ing reeruned. Do you even science, bro? Do astronauts need exposition on perils of space from a doctor? wtf. Everything is wrong with this one. Typical hollywood garbage written and directed, starring drug-addled ****tards. Cool effects; again, typical holywood: looks nice, but shallow, hollow, and devoid of intelligence)
Thin Red Line is a boring ass movie.
[Reply]
srvy 03:32 PM 01-20-2022
Interview with the Vampire

Bought when it went to DVD in a bargain bin. Watched till about halfway through fell asleep never went back to finish till years later I streamed it. Bored me to no end till the end. Garbage
[Reply]
srvy 03:34 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Thin Red Line is a boring ass movie.
This is another DVD I never bothered to finish. I also don't sit on my front porch to watch the garbage man do his work.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:35 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Interview with the Vampire

Bought when it went to DVD in a bargain bin. Watched till about halfway through fell asleep never went back to finish till years later I streamed it. Bored me to no end till the end. Garbage
Wow, I loved that movie. Can't think of a vampire movie that I like more.

Kirsten Dunst gave one of the best child actor performances of all time.
[Reply]
srvy 03:40 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Wow, I loved that movie. Can't think of a vampire movie that I like more.

Kirsten Dunst gave one of the best child actor performances of all time.
Yeah I know I'm probably in a minority on this but it had two strikes against for me. It bored me and Brad Pitt who is wildly overated.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:42 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah I know I'm probably in a minority on this but it had two strikes against for me. It bored me and Brad Pitt who is wildly overated.
It's all a matter of personal taste.
[Reply]
Otter 03:51 PM 01-20-2022
I'll go back to my most hated movie of all time: A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

Between the movie being so long and watching a child walk around with a talking teddy bear I wanted to rip my eyes out. If there wasn't a chain restaurant with tequila less than a 1/4 mile away from the movie theatre I would have been beating old women to death with baby corpses.

Fuck that abomination.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:53 PM 01-20-2022
I thought Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was a horrible movie. Some think anything QT makes is gospel. A lot of his movies with exception to a few are pretty bad.

The Bruce Lee scene was hilarious though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:08 PM 01-20-2022
Can't hardly believe some of the awesome movies being mentioned here...

Fight Club
Dances With Wolves

All of them, among others mentioned, hold a special place in my pantheon of greats

Like when the monkeys and later the scientists, first encounter the monolith? I've seen that movie probably 50 times, and the chorus of voices music during those scenes never fails to send a chill up my spine, its absolutely haunting

That movie totally drives home for me the majesty and mystery of our universe and our place in it... I'll be getting baked and tripping on this movie a couple times a year until the day I die
[Reply]
Frazod 04:14 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Fight Club
Dances With Wolves

All of them, among others mentioned, hold a special place in my pantheon of greats

Like when the monkeys and later the scientists, first encounter the monolith? I've seen that movie probably 50 times, and the chorus of voices music during those scenes never fails to send a chill up my spine, its absolutely haunting

That movie totally drives home for me the majesty and mystery of our universe and our place in it... I'll be getting baked and tripping on this movie a couple times a year until the day I die
2001 certainly had some great moments. And special effects that still mostly hold up to this day. But for me those great moments were few and far between.

I view 2001 pretty much like I view the Beatles. I appreciate the impact it had on later stuff that I do like, but have no use for it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:22 PM 01-20-2022
I wanted to like The Meg but fuck Jason Statham I've never wanted someone killed so bad before in a movie and eaten alive. Also they had a fat kid swimming a fat kid did not got ate by the Meg it was such a teaser and you know the Meg would have gone after the fat kid because he was fat. Also if the Meg was suppose to be so badass why didn't it crush that sub it had in it's mouth. Fucking dumb.

I love sharks The Meg was just disapoint.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:24 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Tango and Cash was absolutely horrible - the only other big budget/big stars action movie that I've seen that was comparable to it was Batman and Robin.

I saw Batman and Robin in a theater in New York. When it was over, I stood up and yelled "THAT SUCKED!" and the people around me starting clapping and cheering. :-)

Hahaha, I just had to laugh, because you reminded me of one of my NYC experiences... went to see Revenge of the Sith at Union Square in 2005 on opening day... line went around the block and there were alllll the folks playing dress-up in their cute little Star Wars costumes...

We get inside, we're watching the movie... we finally arrive to the scene where Vader gets fitted with his traditional "more machine than man" look... cut to Vader bellowing "NOOOOOOOO!!!!", and this cosplay kid wearing his Jedi costume stands up a few rows in front of me, right by the aisle, and at the top of his lungs screams at the screen, "Are you fucking shitting me!?!?". Slams his lightsaber down in the aisle, and storms out of the theater... I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard in my life, and the entire theater exploded with cheers...
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:42 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
I'll go back to my most hated movie of all time: A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

Between the movie being so long and watching a child walk around with a talking teddy bear I wanted to rip my eyes out. If there wasn't a chain restaurant with tequila less than a 1/4 mile away from the movie theatre I would have been beating old women to death with baby corpses.

Fuck that abomination.
You must have completely loathed Ted.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:45 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Fight Club
Dances With Wolves

For its time (and really today), 2001 is a work of art. Some of the scenes I cannot believe were shot in 1968. But it's all so gratuitous. You talk about the about the monkey scene, the chorus, and I'm with you, but it's just too long, and too much.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:47 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Hahaha, I just had to laugh, because you reminded me of one of my NYC experiences... went to see Revenge of the Sith at Union Square in 2005 on opening day... line went around the block and there were alllll the folks playing dress-up in their cute little Star Wars costumes...

We get inside, we're watching the movie... we finally arrive to the scene where Vader gets fitted with his traditional "more machine than man" look... cut to Vader bellowing "NOOOOOOOO!!!!", and this cosplay kid wearing his Jedi costume stands up a few rows in front of me, right by the aisle, and at the top of his lungs screams at the screen, "Are you fucking shitting me!?!?". Slams his lightsaber down in the aisle, and storms out of the theater... I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard in my life, and the entire theater exploded with cheers...
:-)

That's hilarious.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Up