ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3325 of 3903
« First < 2325282532253275331533213322332333243325 33263327332833293335337534253825 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:51 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
How to End Lockdowns Next Month
Target vaccines to the most vulnerable, and don’t give them to people who have already been infected.

Thanks to Operation Warp Speed, Americans will have enough doses to inoculate 20 million people in December and 30 million more in January. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has rightly put nursing-home residents first in line; 38% of U.S. Covid deaths are connected to those settings. Frontline medical personnel will also receive priority; those who care for the elderly should receive special priority. So should people under 65 who are at severely elevated mortality from Covid-19 infection due to severe chronic disease.

These recommendations should reflect vaccine facts published by Pfizer. The company excluded people who had previously been infected with Covid-19 from its analysis, undoubtedly because natural immunity after recovery is known to be robust, so it expected the vaccine to provide no additional protection for them. Children weren’t part of the vaccine trials and shouldn’t receive the vaccine unless it is proved to be safe for them. Not vaccinating those who have recovered will preserve doses for the vulnerable and still susceptible. Priority should be given based on medical risk, not politics, or else more people will needlessly die.

Some 50 million people in the U.S. are over 65. The number of vaccine doses expected to be available over the next two months will be enough to vaccinate every elderly person who wants to be inoculated, as well as health-care workers and other vulnerable people. With a 90%-plus efficacy rate in protecting against Covid-19 symptoms, we will achieve near-perfect focused protection.

At that point, the lockdown should end immediately and forever. For healthy young and middle-aged people, especially for minorities and the poor, the lockdown’s harm far outstrips the harms from infection.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-..._copyURL_share
I don't see any reason why I would need the vaccine any time soon. They told me I was immune for 3 months but I think we know it's much longer than that. I will get it at some point but I agree that if you have already had Covid you probably don't need the vaccine anytime soon unless you had it several months ago and are older.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:53 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I got my shot. I am still alive
watch for early signs of appendages growing out of the side of your neck.....:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 08:28 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Millions of doses of the*COVID-19 vaccine are languishing in warehouses awaiting shipment instructions from the Trump administration*— even as states are clamoring for them — vaccine manufacturer Pzifer said in a statement Thursday.

The startling bottleneck is occurring as America is breaking daily COVID-19 death tolls. The U.S.*lost more people on Wednesday alone (3,611) than the number of people who died on 9/11.

Officials in several states said they were told Wednesday that their second shipments of Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine next week has been*mysteriously reduced, CNN reported. That triggered fears by states that the Trump administration may be incapable of hitting the target of delivering enough vaccine doses for 20 million injections by the end of the year. A source told The Washington Post that Pfizer executives were “baffled”*that the Trump administration wasn’t immediately shipping out all of the vaccine.
Dude.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:31 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Dude.
dudette
[Reply]
LTL 08:33 AM 12-18-2020
I got my shot. I am still alive
Me to
[Reply]
LTL 08:35 AM 12-18-2020
I win, mine will be at 7AM. :-) :-)
Shit. 810 to be exact. Most that i know that have gotten it are just ssying their arm is sore
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:41 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by LTL:
Shit. 810 to be exact. Most that i know that have gotten it are just ssying their arm is sore
Congrats. There were a few people complaining about their arm sore. Mine is fine and I feel normal but I am expecting the 2nd shot to be the worse one.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:48 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Dude.
Well we knew this thing was going to get political. I called it last week before the Pfizer was completed. The media and others can't help themselves.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:48 AM 12-18-2020
Congrats. There were a few people complaining about their arm sore. Mine is fine and I feel normal but I am expecting the 2nd shot to be the worse one.
What I have heard is expect a sore arm and a few days of feeling like shit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:50 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hoping with the vaccines and such rolling out we won’t have a big Xmas and new year spike.

Could see 5k deaths per day?
Why would you assume that?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:53 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't know where people get that? It seems if you go by what has happened so far you would need to see cases literally double if not triple from here to get to that level of daily deaths.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:53 AM 12-18-2020
How long before your next stick? 3 weeks?
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
With the number of cases we have now it would make sense.

People dying today were cases 2/3 weeks ago.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:57 AM 12-18-2020
Are we still pretending that most of these deaths aren't still caused by having underlying health issues?
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Are we still pretending that most of these deaths aren't still caused by having underlying health issues?
You’re right, those don’t matter
[Reply]
Page 3325 of 3903
« First < 2325282532253275331533213322332333243325 33263327332833293335337534253825 > Last »
Up