ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 71
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:06 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I’m really getting tired of hearing how we are acting “spoiled”. Is there maybe a teeny tiny percentage of the fan base that acts that way? The Johnny come lately bandwagon fans? Possibly.

But, for most it’s simply frustration over wasting a generational talent QB’s time here. I do not consider it being “spoiled” to want nothing more than to maximize our time with Patrick Mahomes. We waited a looooooong time for our franchise QB and we want to take advantage of this opportunity because we know, all too well, what happens when one day, many, many years down the road, he moved on from football. Get it while the getting is good is not a “spoiled” mentality.
Yes, I think we are. We won a super bowl and went back to back. We have a hall of fame head coach and a generational qb. Do you know how many fans would dream about this and how petty it sounds when we start bitching about how we're the worst team in the league and fucking everything up? When people start screaming for Veach's head and even Andy Reid's after one poor stretch in a few years?

That doesn't mean these guys are beyond criticism. They deserve to be held accountable especially a guy like HB who's let his bad attitude hurt the team. But there's a difference between being critical and complaining that the sky is falling.

These players need to be held accountable but they're still our guys in our community. I guess I'll never understand people who would directly go after guys on social media, let alone for a team that has given the community so much magic over the past few years. How can a team that's given the fans so much be this resented by a fanbase that's known to be one of the most welcoming in the world? I think the thing has gone way too far. Again, it's not about us talking about it here. It's the loudest minority that is taking any negativity here to the next level on social media and taking it directly to the players ears.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:14 AM 10-31-2021
These are not the first guys to react to social media. Andy Reid talked about CEH being really hurt by comments he was hearing. Spags has addressed comments about Sorensen. Clark has gone after guys on Twitter. Now Mathieu, hitch, and Jones.

The one solution is to pay less attention to social media. As if they're still not gonna hear it. The noise is loud enough that players are starting to resent arrowhead. So what is that line between being welcoming and being critical? We don't want to be homers, but it just seems we've gone a step too far when multiple players are feeling this way.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:28 AM 10-31-2021
If you're going on social media to find people criticizing you you have no one to blame but yourself.

Athletes complaining about criticism is like celebrities complaining about a lack of privacy. It's what you signed up for. If they don't like it they can go find a "normal" job and slip into quite obscurity like the rest of us. They won't though.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:28 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yes, I think we are. We won a super bowl and went back to back. We have a hall of fame head coach and a generational qb. Do you know how many fans would dream about this and how petty it sounds when we start bitching about how we're the worst team in the league and ****ing everything up? When people start screaming for Veach's head and even Andy Reid's after one poor stretch in a few years?

That doesn't mean these guys are beyond criticism. They deserve to be held accountable especially a guy like HB who's let his bad attitude hurt the team. But there's a difference between being critical and complaining that the sky is falling.

These players need to be held accountable but they're still our guys in our community. I guess I'll never understand people who would directly go after guys on social media, let alone for a team that has given the community so much magic over the past few years. How can a team that's given the fans so much be this resented by a fanbase that's known to be one of the most welcoming in the world? I think the thing has gone way too far. Again, it's not about us talking about it here. It's the loudest minority that is taking any negativity here to the next level on social media and taking it directly to the players ears.
But that is not even what is happening.

These guys are looking for negative comments on themselves. It is not even about guys posting on their feeds.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:30 AM 10-31-2021
Yes, I think we are. We won a super bowl and went back to back. We have a hall of fame head coach and a generational qb. Do you know how many fans would dream about this and how petty it sounds when we start bitching about how we're the worst team in the league and fucking everything up? When people start screaming for Veach's head and even Andy Reid's after one poor stretch in a few years?

You're acting like a few assholes on twitter are the voice of the majority

They. are. not.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:41 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're acting like a few assholes on twitter are the voice of the majority

They. are. not.
It isn't? So people here aren't saying Reid is terrible, that veach should be fired, that we have one of the worst teams in the NFL? So people here haven't been acting like the sky is falling or been generally unappreciative of how great we have it to have a coach like Reid, a qb like mahomes, and a damn super bowl to brag about?

All of my friends have talked about how our fans have become drama queens. Know how stupid these complaints are to a browns or Bengals or bears fan?

And I get it. This is a frustrating ass year. But the dramatic woe is me stuff is way over the top. It isn't just the Twitter minority. Of course the players feel it even if they shut off social media.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:45 AM 10-31-2021
It isn't? So people here aren't saying Reid is terrible, that veach should be fired, that we have one of the worst teams in the NFL? So people here haven't been acting like the sky is falling or been generally unappreciative of how great we have it to have a coach like Reid, a qb like mahomes, and a damn super bowl to brag about?

All of my friends have talked about how our fans have become drama queens. Know how stupid these complaints are to a browns or Bengals or bears fan?

And I get it. This is a frustrating ass year. But the dramatic woe is me stuff is way over the top. It isn't just the Twitter minority. Of course the players feel it even if they shut off social media.
Yes we have to some extent

But do you know what the difference is?

We're not, to my knowledge, getting on twatter to troll our own guys about it
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:47 AM 10-31-2021

Just because we recognize the talent we have (and the money we are paying for it) is underperforming to its potential does not mean we are spoiled. Calling a spade a spade is not entitled behavior.

As to those, specifically, who trash Reid and Veach, the vast majority of those people were apposed to Reid’s hiring from the beginning and/or have been team Dorsey all along. This is nothing more than them validating their original positions, not spoiled/entitled behavior.

Spoiled people have no real appreciation for what they are demanding. We have all gone through a life time of sports hell with this franchise and appreciate all too well this opportunity we have before us, how rare and special it is. We just want to milk it for all it’s worth before the cycle of life puts some other franchise in this position and we are relegated to being the has beens once again.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:53 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Just because we recognize the talent we have (and the money we are paying for it) is underperforming to its potential does not mean we are spoiled. Calling a spade a spade is not entitled behavior.

As to those, specifically, who trash Reid and Veach, the vast majority of those people were apposed to Reid’s hiring from the beginning and/or have been team Dorsey all along. This is nothing more than them validating their original positions, not spoiled/entitled behavior.

Spoiled people have no real appreciation for what they are demanding. We have all gone through a life time of sports hell with this franchise and appreciate all too well this opportunity we have before us, how rare and special it is. We just want to milk it for all it’s worth before the cycle of life puts some other franchise in this position and we are relegated to being the has beens once again.
We have a HOF coach and a generational QB counting less than 10 million on a salary cap and all we ask is that the defense shows up, plays hard and is at least not terrible.

I guess we ask too much.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:57 AM 10-31-2021
Im done w them both. It's one thing to say fans are toxic but that's not what Honey Badger said. He basically said Chief fans are pieces of shit. I'm good.

With Hitchens, it's clear he isn't hungry anymore and that's not the type of player you want on a team that has had recent success Chiefs had. Hopefully he is released in the off-season. Sooner would be better, but Reid is soft, so I doubt it happens.

I'll root for them because they play for Chiefs but that's where it ends.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:58 AM 10-31-2021

Here or on Twitter it is still the minority.

Hey Zilla, I got a question, just for clarification. Did you know that this all started with Hitchens getting sideways on Instagram when Arrowhead_Nation made a post about which contract that Veach had handed out was the worst and Hitchens was on the list.
He then continued to say that look at what we did while questioning if that was not good enough. We all know that in the NFL what you did two years ago means dick today. Hitchens is wanting to skate on what he has done in the past. It is very evident that that kind of attitude is relating to on the field effort which is part of the problem.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:59 AM 10-31-2021
Daniel Jones coming in to push their shit in. How sad.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:00 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Im done w this w them both. It's one thing to say fans are toxic but that's not what Honey Badger said. He said Chief fans are basically pieces of shit. I'm good.

With Hitchens, it's clear he isn't hungry anymore and that's not the type of player you want on a team that has had recent success Chiefs had. Hopefully he is released in the off-season. Sooner would be better but Reid is soft so I doubt it happens.

I'll root for him because he plays for Chiefs but that's where it ends.
I would be fine offering a late round pick to a team out of the race right now for a safety that can play.

For example, Marcus Maye I would take from the Jets.

Then offer Mathieu for a 3rd, hope for a 4th and move on.

This guy talks and talks and doesn't want to actually play because he didn't get an extension and it's cancerous now.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:02 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We have a HOF coach and a generational QB counting less than 10 million on a salary cap and all we ask is that the defense shows up, plays hard and is at least not terrible.

I guess we ask too much.
So it would seem.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:16 AM 10-31-2021
The most important part of that whole bogus statement was “and I need to stop being a distraction to my teammates”.

He was obviously spoken to about his performance and how his mental state is effecting his teammates performance. Ive mentioned as much over the past few weeks but it’s interesting to hear him say it.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 71
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up