ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Big Bang Theory
DaKCMan AP 07:44 PM 11-12-2007
Anyone else watch this show? I think it's fantastic. Great writing!
[Reply]
ragedogg69 03:21 PM 10-04-2013
That was the best episode in years. I really liked the new pairings. Although they were pretty harsh to Raj at the end of it.
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:43 PM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I was saying back after season 2. Now? You are correct.

In other news, the cast now wants $500,000 per episode in the next seasons.
They should get it, they have the number 1 comedy ON tv. Its that damned big. CBS is making a ****TON of this show and just killing it in syndication. Its on fox, on tbs and possibly a few others, think its on CW as well.

They had 18million viewers and have a 5.2 in the 18-49. thats HUGE numbers
[Reply]
splatbass 10:55 PM 10-04-2013
I used to love her on the show. Then a few things happened.

I read an interview with her in Watch magazine about her relationship with Johnny Gelecki (Leonard). Basically, he wanted to keep it a secret amongst the cast and crew and no one else. She wanted to be the brad and angelina. Pretty dumb, but I cant blame her for being one of those attention seeking dummies.

Then I read her Maxim spread, how she loved when guys notice her and hit on her blah blah blah. Which is fine, more power to her, except she has a story how she was pissed at the cast for getting mad at an extra that was hitting on her on set. Mind you, this is when she was dating Johnny and the cast knew, tried to put a stop to it and she made a scene of it. I could only imagine how humiliating that was for Johnny. **** her.

Big Bang theory becomes a hit. Everyone holds out. She takes the longest to get a deal done, which is dumb, because she is most replaceable on the cast. Insert, Olivia Munn into her spot, no one bats an eye. So she signs her deal finally, gets more money than God and promptly breaks her foot horseback riding. This causes rewrites and when the shows quality began to suffer. Penny is now a bartender at the cheescake factory.

I think the writers start to hate her too because this is when she dumps Leonard for no reason then becomes jealous he is banging the hot Indian. Its like they intentionally trying to make her unlikeable.

She is pretty dumb in her interviews, but what hot girl isnt?

.... So i have my reasons.
Who really gives a shit how she is IRL? I want to bang her, I don't want to marry her. She could be the biggest bitch in the world and it wouldn't change that.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:11 PM 10-04-2013
I was saying back after season 2. Now? You are correct.

In other news, the cast now wants $500,000 per episode in the next seasons.
Pay them. The cast of Friends got 1 million bucks per episode in their prime, and Sheldon and company are better.
[Reply]
Silock 11:30 PM 10-04-2013
How can anyone possibly be hating on this show? Oh yeah, it's the internet.
[Reply]
007 11:43 PM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by Silock:
Sweeeeet Caroliiiiiine Bah bah baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
[Reply]
splatbass 11:48 PM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by Guru:
Sweeeeet Caroliiiiiine Bah bah baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
I hate that song, but that was funny as hell.
[Reply]
007 11:49 PM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by splatbass:
I hate that song, but that was so good, so good, so good.
FYP
[Reply]
Silock 06:37 AM 10-05-2013
TO THE NEILMOBILE!
[Reply]
007 06:40 AM 10-05-2013
TO THE NEILMOBILE!
Cause they comin' to America.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:10 AM 10-05-2013
The laugh track every time Sheldon talks kills it for me. He could say "we are out of milk" and it would sound like 500 people are laughing
[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:06 AM 10-05-2013
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
They should get it, they have the number 1 comedy ON tv. Its that damned big. CBS is making a ****TON of this show and just killing it in syndication. Its on fox, on tbs and possibly a few others, think its on CW as well.

They had 18million viewers and have a 5.2 in the 18-49. thats HUGE numbers
i never said they didnt. I was mentioning it as there could (very likely) be another holdout from the cast. I cant blame them. you are spot on.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:09 AM 10-05-2013
It's actually a lot easier than you think.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 11:40 AM 10-06-2013
I like the show, but I can understand why people hate it.

First, the laugh track. Real audience I know, but it makes the show an easy target.
Originally Posted by :
Sheldon: "I just installed Windows 7" - The crowd starts howling with laughter
Sheldon: "It's much more user friendly than Windows Vista" crowd laughs
Sheldon: "I don't like that" crowd errupts.
Second, the Flanderization of Sheldon. I read a fascinating article on how Sheldon was a great example of asperger syndrome. Now he is so over the top I can see how people would have issues with the character. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...Flanderization

Third, the theme of the show has completely changes since its humble beginnings. It started as a geek culture sitcom. Now people make the case that it just makes fun of geeks. I dont go that far, but I will say, the last few years it has become a very generic sitcom. The plot lines could have revolved around any characters on tv. This is exceptionally true with the women. The two are doctors, but most plot lines revolve around the same generic tropes most sitcom women have to deal with. That is disappointing.

Finally, it is popular. Nothing is more fun to hate than something popular.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 12:48 PM 10-11-2013
I take back what I said about Penny looking heavy. She looked amazing in that lingerie. That was a pretty good episode. I wish they had more stuff like that Indiana Jones subplot. Definitely a trait from their first 2 seasons.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up