ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 300
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:49 AM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I guess I don't really understand why people think he's going to be amazing. He has no shooting or offensive ability other than dunking lobs. He will be a nice player for defense and rebounds, but if you need a guy who can rim protect and dunk lobs, there will always be plenty of guys who can do that every year in the portal. It hurts our depth possibly this year, but I find it hard to believe next year we can't recruit another guy out of the portal who will match Jr year Udeh unless he has an absolutely unprecedented rise on offense which we have no reason to believe will happen.
Probably just because we’ve seen so many bigs develop into All Americans under Self after just showing flashes as freshmen.

That said, it sucks but doesn’t change my opinion of this team too much as long as we land Mgbako.

Udeh and Dickinson probably wouldn’t see the floor together too much, and Dickinson is clearly better right now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:26 AM 05-11-2023
Based on what I saw out of him last year, I think Udeh is likely to be one of the best defensive bigs in the country before his college career is over. But this is the price of getting Dickinson, which makes us better now.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:28 AM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Who is our backup center now? KJ? lol
Yes
[Reply]
MotherJefer 11:30 AM 05-11-2023
Definitely need another bid body from the portal now. Could Zuby be convinced to come back or is even playing 3rd string behind HD and KJ not enough. We are hosting the #1 center in the 2024 class on campus tomorrow. He was rumored to be a reclass candidate but recently said he will stay with the class. Will we try to change his mind? I don't know, certainly don't want something like that happen to then have KJ think about leaving as well. However, we need a body for injury contingency, so even more portal hunting for Bill.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:34 AM 05-11-2023
We really needed Udehs rim protection TBH. From all accounts HD is very avg at that as well as Mgbako
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:39 AM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Based on what I saw out of him last year, I think Udeh is likely to be one of the best defensive bigs in the country before his college career is over. But this is the price of getting Dickinson, which makes us better now.
I just don’t see Udeh and Dickinson on the floor together much if Udeh stayed.

Dickinson averaged 32 minutes per game each of the last two seasons. How much would/should we cut into that to get Udeh on the floor?

Sounds like having both would be the law of diminishing returns.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:43 AM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I just don’t see Udeh and Dickinson on the floor together much if Udeh stayed.

Dickinson averaged 32 minutes per game each of the last two seasons. How much would/should we cut into that to get Udeh on the floor?

Sounds like having both would be the law of diminishing returns.
Agreed, which is why probably Udeh recognized he had to go.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:45 AM 05-11-2023
Im souring a bit on the no sit out transfer thing and Free agents every year. I get that it is probably beneficial to KU as they have mofe power than anyone to go get new ppl but part of the allure of CBB was getting to see kids get better and progress every year like Frank Mason. You feel as if you get to see them grow into men while at KU.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:47 AM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I guess I don't really understand why people think he's going to be amazing. He has no shooting or offensive ability other than dunking lobs. He will be a nice player for defense and rebounds, but if you need a guy who can rim protect and dunk lobs, there will always be plenty of guys who can do that every year in the portal. It hurts our depth possibly this year, but I find it hard to believe next year we can't recruit another guy out of the portal who will match Jr year Udeh unless he has an absolutely unprecedented rise on offense which we have no reason to believe will happen.
I disagree. Athletically he was really good. And at the beginning he obviously had no clue what he was doing out there but figured some stuff out by the end. No reason to believe his skills couldn’t grow into his athleticism.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Probably just because we’ve seen so many bigs develop into All Americans under Self after just showing flashes as freshmen.

That said, it sucks but doesn’t change my opinion of this team too much as long as we land Mgbako.

Udeh and Dickinson probably wouldn’t see the floor together too much, and Dickinson is clearly better right now.
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Or these.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:55 AM 05-11-2023
Weirdest offseason I can remember. A week or two ago, we were worried about having enough scholarships for all the players Self's pursuing. Now I'm wondering how they're going to fill the last couple scholarships.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:21 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im souring a bit on the no sit out transfer thing and Free agents every year. I get that it is probably beneficial to KU as they have mofe power than anyone to go get new ppl but part of the allure of CBB was getting to see kids get better and progress every year like Frank Mason. You feel as if you get to see them grow into men while at KU.

So the first guy we lose that stings you sour on it?

The portal giveth, the portal taketh away.

We'll be fine.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:03 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So the first guy we lose that stings you sour on it?

The portal giveth, the portal taketh away.

We'll be fine.
Its GOOD for us. Doesn't mean I can't like it
[Reply]
Ceej 02:21 PM 05-11-2023
Outside of Juan -

how bad is this defense going to be next year?
[Reply]
BWillie 02:34 PM 05-11-2023
Since we have schollies still available even after Mgbako are we in the running for any back up defensive first centers?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:38 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Outside of Juan -

how bad is this defense going to be next year?
The worst defensive team of the Self era (2018, 47th in adjusted defensive efficiency) won the conference by two games and made the FF. If we can score, it probably won't matter.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 300
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up