ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 40
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:06 AM 12-28-2014
Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers against Buffalo's four-man rush: 50.0 completion percentage, 6.1 yards per attempt, three interceptions. Derek Carr: 68.2 completion percentage, 9.2 yards per attempt, touchdown, no picks.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:12 AM 12-28-2014
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers against Buffalo's four-man rush: 50.0 completion percentage, 6.1 yards per attempt, three interceptions. Derek Carr: 68.2 completion percentage, 9.2 yards per attempt, touchdown, no picks.
You fucking dumbass.

50%
6.3 YPA

Carr fucking sucks.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:28 AM 12-28-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
anyone who thinks Derek Carr is better, right now, than Alex Smith isn't allowed to have an opinion on football any longer
I love Hooties take on the situation.
idiots keep making claims and Hootie keeps schooling them:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:32 AM 12-28-2014
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Hootie couldn't school a mouse to run on a wheel for cheese.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:33 AM 12-28-2014
Carr is not special. Yet.

That said, he shows much more promise than the aged Spleen Manager.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:00 AM 12-28-2014
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
I think Carr has a decent shot at being good if he were not in Oakland.

He is putting up decent numbers as a rookie on a shit team with worse WRs than KC and virtually no running game. The fact his TD to Int ratio is where it is at is impressive. His ypa will go up..

Thankfully Oakland will never build around him or draft another QB.. I do not understand the hate.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11:27 AM 12-28-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I think Carr has a decent shot at being good if he were not in Oakland.

He is putting up decent numbers as a rookie on a shit team with worse WRs than KC and virtually no running game. The fact his TD to Int ratio is where it is at is impressive. His ypa will go up..

Thankfully Oakland will never build around him or draft another QB.. I do not understand the hate.
It's not that his YPA/YPC is low, it's that they historically bad. We haven't seen those type of numbers since guys like Clausen and Quinn. Not even Ponder or Gabbert. Hootie is correct when he mentions that Carr can't run a real offense efficiently.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:36 AM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss:
It's not that his YPA/YPC is low, it's that they historically bad. We haven't seen those type of numbers since guys like Clausen and Quinn. Not even Ponder or Gabbert. Hootie is correct when he mentions that Carr can't run a real offense efficiently.
Run it with what?? KU has more offensive talent than the Raiders..
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:42 AM 12-29-2014
Russell Wilson is the one that got away. From everyone.
[Reply]
Jimmya 06:32 AM 12-29-2014
Agreed on Wilson, but Fat Andy may have screwed him up anyway.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:12 AM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Seriously you can't believe it?

I sure as **** CAN believe it ....these are the Chiefs.

This coaching staff won't develop a franchise rookie first rd QB. Just like the previous regimes dating back 30 yrs.

I mean what part of that is surprising to people? 30 god damn yrs of the same shit. The last QB to win a game that was orig drafted by KC was Todd Blackledge. Let that sink in for a moment. He was drafted in '83....I was ****ing born that year.

Let's not forget - the Chiefs didn't draft Lenny D either. He bounced around the league for a while, wasn't he cut by Pittsburg in like '59??

The Chiefs have NEVER drafted a QB.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:52 AM 12-29-2014
Derek Carr finished with the lowest YPC in 6 years! Lower than Croyle! Think of all of the terrible QBs to exist since 2009! You'd think he'd be completing 65% of his passes with such a dump off rate, but it's 58%.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:54 AM 12-29-2014
You don't see guys finishing below 10 YPC or 6 YPA very often. Carr did both with a half yard to spare in each respective category! Loser QB
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:56 AM 12-29-2014
With our WR'S.... those stats are HOF worthy
[Reply]
Predarat 08:57 AM 12-29-2014
I still can't believe they chose Elvis Grbac over Rich Gannon.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 40
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up