ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>R.I.P Mom
JakeF 07:30 PM 11-25-2021
My mom passed away today. She had a long fight, with a lot of pain. I hope she finds peace in the hereafter, without more pain. A bunch of us went up to see her at the hospice care center today for Thanksgiving; Dad, sister, aunt, cousins. A few hours later, she just slipped away.

Bye Mom.

Love you always,

Dennis

[Reply]
JakeF 03:48 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Really sorry for your loss JakeF. I just got home from my Moms funeral also. Thanksgiving will always take on a new meaning for us now. Hang in there and know your Mom is in a better place . A place where there is no pain and no suffering. She's looking down upon you with pride for what she made, no doubt.
Sorry about your mom. :-)

I don't see how Thanksgiving keeps going in our family now. Just don't.

I just got back from the meeting for all the funeral, visitation etc junk.:-)

4k for a head stone?
1,500 to dig a hole?

What a racket.

Told my sister today, that when i go, cremate me and throw in local
pond for the fish to eat. Might as well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:21 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Sorry about your mom. :-)

I don't see how Thanksgiving keeps going in our family now. Just don't.

I just got back from the meeting for all the funeral, visitation etc junk.:-)

4k for a head stone?
1,500 to dig a hole?

What a racket.

Told my sister today, that when i go, cremate me and throw in local
pond for the fish to eat. Might as well.
Funerals are indeed a racket, thats the perfect descriptor Jake

Spend what you can and no more is my advice, I doubt your mom would want you going bankrupt over the fanciest casket etc etc

Losing dad in 07 was rough, but ma is gonna be next level... hang in there man
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:12 PM 11-26-2021
RIP
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:26 PM 11-26-2021
I don't like cremation myself, nor did my parents, when you have a casket it gives family a place to visit you, I guess . I know it really doesn't matter because your soul is in heaven but it just seems to be a place for family to pay respect.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:41 PM 11-26-2021
Really sorry to hear this, that's rough. Thoughts with you and your family.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:43 PM 11-26-2021
Damn, sorry about your mom, Jake. That's tough. Tough, tough. Best wishes dude.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:17 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I don't like cremation myself, nor did my parents, when you have a casket it gives family a place to visit you, I guess . I know it really doesn't matter because your soul is in heaven but it just seems to be a place for family to pay respect.
Yea, a lot of people agree with you. There are cemeteries all over, showing what they mean to people.
[Reply]
rico 06:23 PM 11-26-2021
Sorry to hear, man.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:48 PM 11-26-2021
Mr Jake, you and all your family are wrapped in our prayers. You will never lose the wonderful memories you have. God bless you and your family.
[Reply]
srvy 02:39 PM 11-27-2021
I just got back in town so late here Jake.

My condolences and prayers out for the loss of your Mother. Just know she rests in peace without pain. The holidays is a rough time but just remember the holidays past to help you cope.

I lost my sis about 5 months ago the my Mother 3 months later. Time heals but not a day goes by that I don't think of memories past. Both per there request was cremation. Mom had terrible claustafobia and did not want to be put in a box. Sis wanted same and me and my brother per her request spread her ashes in a pretty place. That was done in the last few days.

Stay strong Jake

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
[Reply]
burt 04:09 PM 11-27-2021
Jake (Dennis), there have been so many well phrased posts, that I will say "ditto all the above" But I mean it and am not trying to be cavalier! Peace to you and your family.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:18 PM 11-27-2021
Prayers for your family. At least you all got to spend the holiday with her. Hopefully that gave her peace to move on.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:19 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I just got back in town so late here Jake.

My condolences and prayers out for the loss of your Mother. Just know she rests in peace without pain. The holidays is a rough time but just remember the holidays past to help you cope.

I lost my sis about 5 months ago the my Mother 3 months later. Time heals but not a day goes by that I don't think of memories past. Both per there request was cremation. Mom had terrible claustafobia and did not want to be put in a box. Sis wanted same and me and my brother per her request spread her ashes in a pretty place. That was done in the last few days.

Stay strong Jake

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
I'm sure they appreciate that you're taking the time to honor their wishes. It's a kind and respectful thing to do.

I'm in the middle of writing something for the Pastor to read now. The words are stuck, i can't figure out what to say. What kind of son can't say good things about his mom?

:-) :-):-)

I feel like puking.
[Reply]
Msmith 08:14 PM 11-27-2021
May God grant you peace.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:48 PM 11-27-2021
Ugh. I'm so sorry man. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up