ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Perhaps an unpopular opinion - I don't like the holidays
TLO 08:09 AM 11-23-2021
This is kind of hard to talk about, and I'm not certain of the words to explain why I don't like them.

Anyone else feel the same way?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:24 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Hey, at least your home, or close and have an escape. Once I had to go to Mississippi with my mom and dad to see my sister and her new boyfriend who I think was older than my dad. We sat then we moved to the front porch and sat it got chilly so we moved inside and sat. We ate a turkey, the same turkey for 3 days, lunch and supper. It would stare at me as if it wanted to be put out of its misery.

There was no escape, finally my sisters dad, said, “we gonna have to go down to the piggly wiggly and get some cigarettes”. F it I was ready to take up smoking anyways! So, that gave me some glimmer of hope, then later, after sitting more I realized he meant tomorrow or the next day. The piggly wiggly was only 6 mikes away for fucks sake ! I could have walked there backwards and had more fun.

Finally I resorted to taking walks in the woods, which are everywhere there. I didn’t wear orange and hoped a hunter would shoot me. But, no luck. I did find one dude in a stand. He didn’t have a weapon and said he didn’t hunt he just liked to come out to the tree stand and sit. Obviously a local. I did at least have beer, but my mom looked at me funny when I cracked one open at 7:30 in the morning after having a dream about the turkey talking to me.

I asked my sisters dad what direction I should walk onetime for conversation, he said “we don’t walk in the woods out here” that was our only conversation the whole time except I once offered him a beer and my sister told me he was “dry”. I’ll say.

Finally it was time to go home and we drove 12 hours straight through. So many trees and winding two lane roads I was seasick. We never made it to the piggly wiggly and my sister tried to pawn the fest of the turkey off on us as we left but mom talked her out of it. We would drive through little towns with the shotgun houses right up to the road and everybody was sitting on the porch. Apparently it’s a contest down there.

I did get to see a chain gang and we saw a road crew painting lines on the road. Those were the highlights of my trip. When we got back to Stillwater my mom asked what I thought about the trip, I was cornered and blurted out “the turkey was good”.

So now everyone comes to my house at the farm and I am thankful I can walk out the door and scream anytime I want. Especially when my brother in law starts in on politics or the fact that he takes 2ccs of ivomec so he don’t get the covid.
:-).

There was some gold in this post. I’m definitely stealing the bit about walking around without orange on see if I can get shot. LOL

Fortunately nobody wants to do shit at my house so like you said I can get away.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:45 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Damn. How does one bitch wield such power? Time for a family insurrection. We had a sister in law who's a lot like yours. Our parents passed away eventually so we don't have to listen to her open her ignorant obnoxious yapper anymore. One year when she was on one of her tirades I said aloud "Just for once wouldn't you like to not be the biggest idiot in the room?" Got me in trouble with my folks but it felt damn good...and the look on her face...my Christmas present that year.
I sent you a PM.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:01 AM 11-25-2021
When I was growing up, everything was about family. And I had a lot of extended family. You know that meme that goes around about your cousins being your first best friends? Well, that was true for me. Unfortunately, I don't get to see them much these days but I enjoy the times when I do.

As for this year, we are hosting her parents and extended family as well as my parents and extended family. We bought this house and moved in exactly two years ago on Thanksgiving. Ours is really the only place big enough to do this. Yes, it's a lot of work, especially for my wife, God bless her. But I enjoy it. And I know my wife does, too. My mom and step dad are in their 70s and hers in their 60s. I want to continue to make the best of the time we have.

We are going to celebrate the holiday with my step mom, who I love very much, next month. She is having surgery in January and it's a high risk. So, I wound just say to others don't take for granted what you have.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:10 AM 11-25-2021
OP you're definitely not alone in not liking the holidays, they can be tough for people. I won't make a depressing post so I'll leave it at that.

I actually enjoy the holidays quite a bit. My mariah carey level love of the holidays comes as a shock to anyone who knows me IRL but we all have our contradictions.

we usually go to my brother in law's house in town but he and his wife ghosted my wife this year over some perceived slight, so we're about to drive out to my brother's house which honestly is a lot more fun so it's a blessing in disguise.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:11 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
When I was growing up, everything was about family. And I had a lot of extended family. You know that meme that goes around about your cousins being your first best friends? Well, that was true for me. Unfortunately, I don't get to see them much these days but I enjoy the times when I do.

As for this year, we are hosting her parents and extended family as well as my parents and extended family. We bought this house and moved in exactly two years ago on Thanksgiving. Ours is really the only place big enough to do this. Yes, it's a lot of work, especially for my wife, God bless her. But I enjoy it. And I know my wife does, too. My mom and step dad are in their 70s and hers in their 60s. I want to continue to make the best of the time we have.

We are going to celebrate the holiday with my step mom, who I love very much, next month. She is having surgery in January and it's a high risk. So, I wound just say to others don't take for granted what you have.
good luck to your stepmom
[Reply]
scho63 08:18 AM 11-25-2021
Last week I was in a Chinese restaurant and they were playing a radio station of Christmas songs. I wanted to smash the speakers.

Just felt like being rushed into the holiday
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:51 AM 11-25-2021
Holidays get worse when the glue of the family is gone
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:59 AM 11-25-2021
Be the inspiration for the holiday not the recipient of the holiday. There are always people that would love to see and receive a smile and would reciprocate those feelings back.
Make the choice to have a great and wonderful holiday and all will be better.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:03 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Last week I was in a Chinese restaurant and they were playing a radio station of Christmas songs. I wanted to smash the speakers.

Just felt like being rushed into the holiday
We have one that started Three weeks ago
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:08 AM 11-25-2021
My wife and I don't make a big deal out of the holidays. Neither Thanksgiving or especially Christmas. Even with two young kids. My parents don't anymore either. We had caseys pizza with my parents and my brothers' families for Thanksgiving dinner last night.

We might have a ham dinner today at home then go see a Christmas light display at the st louis racetrack this evening.

We buy a few special things for Christmas for the kids but really we buy stuff for them all the time and don't do many toys just for toys. Almost everything is educational in some way. Also, no Santa Claus.
[Reply]
Fish 02:46 PM 11-25-2021
Haters gonna hate....

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:52 PM 11-25-2021
Needs moar onions!
[Reply]
EPodolak 03:04 PM 11-25-2021
We're very low-key about the holidays, just my wife and I. I look forward to the distraction from business as usual, and the fact we don't fuss about traditions and gifts makes it nice.
[Reply]
TimBone 03:32 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Haters gonna hate....

Just look at how fucking awful GBC looks.
[Reply]
TimBone 03:33 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Needs moar onions!
See...I told yall. Yall just want to eat fried processed onion straws. At least toss them on something good.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up