ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 131
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:05 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Feel like revisiting these thoughts yet after 10 games?
About the Lakers? Certainly not. I was saying there how absurd it was anybody would consider them favorites (including Vegas).

About the Warriors? It will take me a lot more than 10 games to call them championship contenders. They’ve been great so far largely due to Curry having his best season in 6 years and returning to MVP level. Let’s see if he keeps it up, that won’t be easy to maintain at his age. If he does and Klay comes back to his regular level, we can certainly revisit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:30 PM 11-10-2021
Lakers can’t stop a Miami Heat team with no Butler. Filling your team with a bunch of washed players was not the best idea.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:24 AM 11-11-2021
RE: Morris/Jokic.

I didn't hear about it until today when I heard it on a couple podcasts. Jokic was probably excessive, but Russillo said it best. The Morris twins don't get any leeway when they literally fuck with everybody.

Fucking Eastern Europeans man. They're...different. I know you think Philly is tough, but Eastern Europeans have known nothing but suffering since the dawn of fucking civilization. That's just a different kind of tough baked into that bread.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Lakers remain unlikeable.

I still don't understand the (large) majority of Lakers fans that are cool with this approach.

The "hey, if we're winning, we're winning!" crowd. And right now they aren't even winning.

There's nothing endearing about this team of mercenaries at all. Hell, even Caruso is off somewhere else. Horton-Tucker is hurt.

The whole damn roster is made up of transient geriatrics and over-exposed bench players. I don't even root for this squad - it's just laundry. And its core is Mr. Glass, an old woke liar and a soulless chucker.

A difficult group to root for that plays an ugly and unentertaining style of basketball with no amount of sweat equity in these guys as a fan - it's a perfect storm of apathy.
I think the only people on the planet that thought the Westbrook experiment was a good idea where inside the building at Lakers HQ.

Sorry man. That's a tough watch as a fan.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:59 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
About the Lakers? Certainly not. I was saying there how absurd it was anybody would consider them favorites (including Vegas).

About the Warriors? It will take me a lot more than 10 games to call them championship contenders. They’ve been great so far largely due to Curry having his best season in 6 years and returning to MVP level. Let’s see if he keeps it up, that won’t be easy to maintain at his age. If he does and Klay comes back to his regular level, we can certainly revisit.
So you could comment on the lack of depth and their championship ability with 0% of the games played but you can't revisit when >12% of the games have been played? Interesting.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:03 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Was there ever a question that the dude flying to the court while completing a steal was Caruso.

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Man the Lakers did a lousy job putting that team together.
During the game last night they were referencing a recent interview from Caruso where he was saying how much he wanted to stay in LA.

They were offering him 2/15 or something close. He got offers from Chicago and a couple other teams. Took them back to LA and said here's what I'm being offered but I'm willing to take a discount to stay and they still couldn't get it done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
During the game last night they were referencing a recent interview from Caruso where he was saying how much he wanted to stay in LA.

They were offering him 2/15 or something close. He got offers from Chicago and a couple other teams. Took them back to LA and said here's what I'm being offered but I'm willing to take a discount to stay and they still couldn't get it done.
If he were a Klutch Sports client they’d have gotten it done.

That organization is so screwed up.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:04 AM 11-11-2021
So you could comment on the lack of depth and their championship ability with 0% of the games played but you can't revisit when >12% of the games have been played? Interesting.
I’m not going to completely discount those statistical projections based on 10 games, no. That’s not the way any of this works.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:03 AM 11-11-2021
Feel like revisiting these thoughts yet after 10 games?
GSW are the best team right now and are a pretty deep team even without Klay and Wiseman. Wiseman is supposed to be back here in a couple of weeks and Klay is projected to come back by Christmas or a little earlier. When he steps back on the court I might cry a little.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:00 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
GSW are the best team right now and are a pretty deep team even without Klay and Wiseman. Wiseman is supposed to be back here in a couple of weeks and Klay is projected to come back by Christmas or a little earlier. When he steps back on the court I might cry a little.
Wiseman was terrible last season so that may not be a good thing.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:57 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Incredible blend of youth and vets. I hate that they beat my Wolves, but I respected the hell out of how they did it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:58 PM 11-11-2021
Wiseman was terrible last season so that may not be a good thing.
Wolves could use him. We'll give you a 2027 2nd rounder.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:02 PM 11-11-2021
I’m not going to completely discount those statistical projections based on 10 games, no. That’s not the way any of this works.
Not asking you to do that. But 11 games in is enough time to admit that the lack of depth you were banking on doesn't look like such a big problem.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:58 PM 11-11-2021
Not asking you to do that. But 11 games in is enough time to admit that the lack of depth you were banking on doesn't look like such a big problem.
That’s fair. Need to see Klay to see if they’re a real contender though.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:54 AM 11-12-2021
It's pretty crazy that Washington is playing well. Beal, Dinwiddy, and Laker leftovers doesn't sound like a winning combination, but it's working so far.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
They've been fun to watch.

Adding Derozan alongside Lavine, Caruso and Donsunmu off the bench, actual defense getting played, closing out games...its like a 180
I don't think most people realized how much Lavine improved last year. He's looking like a Top 5 player in the league right now.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 131
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up