ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 317 of 435
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321327367417 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Last draft season people were saying this should be a massive draft class with kids coming back in the picture from covid opt outs ect. Does that still ring true? If so we may be getting a shit load of UDFA's.
Eh, maybe - maybe not.

Guys that came back for a 5th year probably weren't NFL caliber and still aren't. Guys like Ja'Marr Chase who sat out the whole season but was a genuine superstar prospect still left early.

I think the vast majority of guys who sat out last season but came back this year just weren't draft eligible in 2021. I suspect the back of the 2nd day and most of the 3rd day will be a little deeper than usual. And yeah, there may be more UDFAs that would ordinarily get 3rd day grades than usual, but those are pretty fungible.

I mean it's not like there's a shortage of UDFAs floating around most years anyway.

If this turns out to be a stellar draft class, it won't be 'COVID carryovers' that make it so. It'll just be the vagaries of draft classes/timing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:27 PM 10-12-2021
Here - have my take on the potential 1st round DEs from the draft thread (because I know its super important to all of you...)

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Aidan Hutchinson is the one I'm watching most closely, DE out of Michigan, because he might be gettable.

Thibodeaux may well go 1.1 so who cares? Leal may well go top 5 to boot. Jordan Davis is a big ol' mauler of a DT but he's probably never going to be an asset rushing the passer so unless we end up late 1st, I can't see taking him.

George Karlaftis is the other guy who will maybe slide to us. I think he or Hutchinson go top 10 and the other guy slips a bit. Hard to tell yet how that's going to go though.

I like Drake Jackson out of USC but he may not have the length to be a 3-down guy and probably a little light to boot. But as a LEO? He might be a damn nice fit. Man he's explosive. Myjai Sanders has been a little disappointing thus far and didn't play last year due to COVID but was excellent in '19 and could still put together good tape this season. Adam Anderson is a more boom/bust version of Drake Jackson and may just not be a 4-3 guy, but again - the LEO makes things a little different if we choose to go that direction. Anderson could do it.

My present preference is probably:

Hutchinson
Karlaftis
Anderson
Jackson
Sanders

And I'd be more than happy to take any of those guys in the 1st. I suspect one will make it to us or at least be within reasonable trade-up range. If Davis fell I'd be okay with the pick in the back of the 1st. He wouldn't be sexy but man, if Nnadi and Reed are as bad as they've looked, our problems at DT are as big as our problems at DE.
In closing, Frank Clark sucks.

But Breeland Speaks sucked worse.

So lets not do THAT again...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:04 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He set that edge like a BEAST last night.

I'm just gonna leave this here and say this run didn't have to go as far as it did. pic.twitter.com/OQFtYY3PrN

— Daniel Harms (@InHarmsWay19) October 12, 2021

Yeah. Sure he did.

Give. Up.

He’s fat, he’s lazy and he’s just not worth a shit.

Zero pressures in his two games thus far. Loafing on run downs.

Just a complete waste of a roster spot, let alone the cap space and draft pick.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 10-12-2021
Hutchinson is a beast we would be lucky to get him
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:51 PM 10-12-2021
Look at all those D players jogging along like they are playing a pickup game of nerf ball in the park. Pathetic.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:28 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Look at all those D players jogging along like they are playing a pickup game of nerf ball in the park. Pathetic.
Gotta love our team leader Mathieu making a business decision.

He probably threw his hands up and blamed someone else to boot…
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:30 PM 10-12-2021
Paychecks. No effort, they have checked out.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:38 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
So ...

Clark was finally and formally charged with felony possession of an assault weapon (the March incident)?

FAX
The prosecutor changed the charge to felony fraud for impersonating a DE.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:40 PM 10-12-2021

Yeah. Sure he did.

Give. Up.

Are there any consequences for that kind of effort or do we keep throwing vets out there because they’re getting paid? What a disaster Frank Clark turned out to be.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:40 PM 10-12-2021

Yeah. Sure he did.

Give. Up.

Idk if Clark has the juice to get around 73 and make that stop. I listened to a chiefs podcast today that said Clark was credited with 5 pressures, validating what I said in another thread that some of these guys didn't play as bad as you think. The sky isn't falling people. Once the guys get on the same page, the rest of the league is in trouble. If it doesn't happen, then maybe our guys needed a slice of humble pie..

Sorenson still needs to GTFOH

Edit: I take that back it could have got to the hole
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:42 PM 10-12-2021
Where TF was Mathieu going on that play?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:57 PM 10-12-2021
Gotta love our team leader Mathieu making a business decision.

He probably threw his hands up and blamed someone else to boot…
:-) Doubtful HB is getting that 15-16 million a year deal from the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:59 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Are there any consequences for that kind of effort or do we keep throwing vets out there because they’re getting paid? What a disaster Frank Clark turned out to be.
Andy will just say that he thinks they "did a nice job, but have to clean up a few things" which is what he says every week.
[Reply]
TEX 09:00 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-) Doubtful HB is getting that 15-16 million a year deal from the Chiefs.
Good. The defense needs a complete rebuild. Not willing to pay $16 for. Safety.
[Reply]
TEX 09:01 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Idk if Clark has the juice to get around 73 and make that stop. I listened to a chiefs podcast today that said Clark was credited with 5 pressures, validating what I said in another thread that some of these guys didn't play as bad as you think. The sky isn't falling people. Once the guys get on the same page, the rest of the league is in trouble. If it doesn't happen, then maybe our guys needed a slice of humble pie..

Sorenson still needs to GTFOH

Edit: I take that back it could have got to the hole
Naw. No hope for this shit defense.
[Reply]
Page 317 of 435
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321327367417 > Last »
Up