« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
Rasputin 06:15 PM 04-29-2016
I like that Poe is going get a breather so he can be fresh in the fourth quarter when we need him the most. That's what I'm hoping this is the reason for the Chris Jones pick is for fourth quarter dominance. With our scoring challenged offence we need that stout defense.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 06:15 PM 04-29-2016
He won't be primarily be a NT. Hes a rotational player along the line that projects to take Jaye Howard's job when Howard's contract runs out. Howard is only on a two year deal. Jones looks to be a DE in a 3-4. He'll play Devito's role. Poe isn't going anywhere.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:15 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Iczer:
Sorry if this has already been asked. Outside of Chris Jones reviews being very good, etc. Am I the only one slightly concerned on using a high 2nd round pick on a rotational player where we already have depth? I understand some say this mean Poe will be gone or whatever. That's to be determined. I'm just amazed we didn't address a bigger need to fill a potential starter and be more of an impact.
I just LOL so hard when people are so stupid and thing the draft is for need. That's what Free Agency is for. Draft is for development and building.
[Reply]
jspchief 06:15 PM 04-29-2016
For Jones being such a slam dunk, I sure don't remember seeing his name mentioned in the last 2 days around here.
[Reply]
O.city 06:17 PM 04-29-2016
Not bad
[Reply]
RustShack 06:17 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by jspchief:
For Jones being such a slam dunk, I sure don't remember seeing his name mentioned in the last 2 days around here.
That's because everyone around here is talking about who fit positions of need, not best overall players.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:18 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Iczer:
Sorry if this has already been asked. Outside of Chris Jones reviews being very good, etc. Am I the only one slightly concerned on using a high 2nd round pick on a rotational player where we already have depth? I understand some say this mean Poe will be gone or whatever. That's to be determined. I'm just amazed we didn't address a bigger need to fill a potential starter and be more of an impact.
Have you not seen the trend in the NFL? Defense wins championships.

Denver had a great pass rush everywhere. So did the NYG. So did the Ravens. So did the Seahawks. So did the Steelers.

Pass rush is the most imporant part of winning a championship. Not QB.
[Reply]
scho63 06:18 PM 04-29-2016
PERFECT THEME SONG FOR THE PICK

[Reply]
Buzz 06:18 PM 04-29-2016
CP no likey!

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:19 PM 04-29-2016
I think most people were assuming we'd be selecting 28 overall, not 37.
[Reply]
penbrook 06:19 PM 04-29-2016
Dorsey's philosophy of BPA is right. He had turned this franchise around from a utter destruction. Dorsey knows what he's doing. He's making this a top 3 defense.
[Reply]
Iczer 06:19 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I just LOL so hard when people are so stupid and thing the draft is for need. That's what Free Agency is for. Draft is for development and building.
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:20 PM 04-29-2016
Keep in mind that Jaye Howard had a reputation for quitting on plays when he was at Florida. Gotta give Sutton credit for this much, his players play tough.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:20 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
So Poe is as good as gone huh. Makes me sad.
Jones is more suited to play 5 technique. His drafting doesn't signify Poe's imminent departure.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:21 PM 04-29-2016
I was pimping Jones months ago in the draft section.

So go fuck yourself troll.

Guaranteed you've never seen him play.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 59
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up