Bob Dole 12:35 PM 12-12-2004
This tour should be one for the ages.

Click here
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:00 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Well they're no Jonas Brothers, but to each their own and all
rofl

It's okay. Embrace the truth. The music from the 80's is grandpa music now.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:03 PM 11-26-2021
This thread was made when I was still a teenager :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:10 PM 11-26-2021
You soft as babyshit, wet behind the ears kids wouldn't know good music if it came up and punched you in the FACE

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:43 PM 11-26-2021
You soft as babyshit, wet behind the ears kids wouldn't know good music if it came up and punched you in the FACE

[Reply]
Bowser 10:59 PM 11-26-2021
I legit laughed at "Anyhoo" bump, lol
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:13 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Thats just another example of how the old skool lords over all of you cynical, dry, unoriginal kids... nice self own!
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:43 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
This thread was made when I was still a teenager :-)
I was still in my 30s...:-)

Grandpa music or not, Motley Crue was the original "hair band", and pretty much the only one whose music has really stood the test of time

[Reply]
backinblack 11:47 PM 11-26-2021
when did Motley Crue become classic rock?
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:04 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's a real crapshoot with these older bands. Sometimes they can still bring it, like the Eagles and Pat Benatar. Sometimes they've clearly lost a step, but the effort they put forth mostly makes up for it; this was the case for Eddie Money, who I saw less than a year before he died.

But sometimes they're just stealing from you. I saw Dokken open for Tom Keifer a couple of years ago, and it was hands down the worst performance ever. Fucker can't sing at all now. It was like watching an angry old drunk do bad karaoke. At one point he started frantically waiving at his bass player to join in when he couldn't even come close to hitting high notes, and the bass player just looked at him like he was nuts and kept playing. I lasted three songs before I said fuck it and went outside to smoke until Tom came on (he was great, BTW).

After their set the bass player came outside to smoke and was telling everybody how much of a dick Don Dokken was. :-)
Didn't even register who Tom Keifer was when I read this earlier, but Cinderella deserves an honorable mention when it comes to hair bands based on his vocals alone. Guy has an amazing range.

[Reply]
Bugeater 12:05 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by backinblack:
When you became a grandpa? :-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:13 AM 11-27-2021
Thats just another example of how the old skool lords over all of you cynical, dry, unoriginal kids... nice self own!
Flippidy floo, what are you even talking about? I'm in my mid 40's. I was in 7th grade when girls, girls, girls came out.

Don't worry, your dad thought he was cool listening to Bobby Darin in the in the 1980's too.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:17 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by backinblack:
Originally Posted by :
Classic rock is a US radio format which developed from the album-oriented rock (AOR) format in the early 1980s.[1] In the United States, the classic rock format comprises rock music ranging generally from the mid-1960s through the 1980s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_rock
[Reply]
Bump 12:18 AM 11-27-2021
Take your girlfriends panties off, and fold them neatly back into her drawer
I'm more of a GNR type of guy from that era
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:36 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
I'm more of a GNR type of guy from that era
I really like Motley Crue, but GnR was definitely better overall. Unfortunately they'll likely never be remembered the same due to Axl Rose being a complete and utter douchebag.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:53 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Didn't even register who Tom Keifer was when I read this earlier, but Cinderella deserves an honorable mention when it comes to hair bands based on his vocals alone. Guy has an amazing range.

Tom put on a really good show. But between the opening act being so bad and roasting in a non-airconditioned theater, the evening was ruined.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up