ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mathieu v. Ward: Who Ya Got?
Direckshun 09:23 AM 11-23-2021
I think we all doubt the Chiefs can re-sign both of these players.

So if you had to re-sign either of these players this coming offseason and let the other walk, which one and why?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:19 PM 11-24-2021
I get the feeling that the team really wants to keep him around. But I don't know about paying a premium price for a player at his age and stature. Pretty soon he won't be able to overcome his physical limitations with athletic ability. Hell we might be starting to see it on these pics he's missing by a step
[Reply]
poolboy 06:02 PM 11-24-2021
we need both....although I think Sneed can do it all at this point
He was a safety in college
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:52 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
We just blew up our entire O Line and started three rookies, all next to each other. We can definitely lose Clark, Hitchens and Mathieu and be just fine.

Spags defense needs a great D Line to function. Put your resources there.
The difference is that Mahomes called Matthieu when we signed him and said “I’ve got the offense, you’ve got the defense.”

This defense has a lot of good players but who’s “got the defense” when Badger walks? There’s no heir apparent in that regard, though obviously I’m not in the locker room. But Chris Jones is not that guy — simply being amazing at your job does not make you a great leader, ask Justin Houston in 2017 as he tried and failed to contain Marcus Peters with Eric Berry on IR.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 PM 11-24-2021
Neither. Just move on. Veach is really good with this position group.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:25 AM Yesterday
I think Ward is the most improved defensive player or took a leap this year if he continues to improve he'd be worth it but dang HB leadership I just don't know how much shelf life he has left.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:28 AM Yesterday
I really like our corners. But you have to start to trust that spags just has an incredible ability to develop CBs. Interestingly we havent had nearly as much success with developing young safeties. If we did Sorensen wouldn't be getting so many reps. I think Mathieu has given plenty of reasons to not bring him back. But without a doubt ward is more expendable.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up