ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2022 Mock Draft Megathread ***
duncan_idaho 12:45 PM 11-23-2021
Got a mock? Pop it in this thread. Include a picture if you want. Explain your reasoning if you want. Talk about your crushes... if you want.

See a good "pro" mock? Link it up in here and I'll add it to the OP.

Duncan's latest mock

Site
NFL Mock Draft Database

Draft slot: 25

The picks
1.25 | trade down to 30 with Green Bay. I get here and don't love my options. Either taking a position that's going to sit for a while (OT) or that is lower value/luxury (LB). So I move down to 30 with Green Bay, receiving 1.30, 4.132, 5.172, and a 2023 4th.

1.30 | David Ojabo, DE, Michigan. Myjai Sanders also available. I take Ojabo because he's a more explosive and versatile athlete, with more long-term upside.

2.58 | Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan. I get a little stuck here. John Metchie II is the best WR on the board, but I am scared off by his struggles with press coverage and creating separation on the outside this year.

3.89 | Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada. My gamble in round 2 pays off, and the WR I covet is still on the board at my next pick. I like Doubs' size and explosiveness as a big play guy. He also has worked in the slot as well as outside at Nevada and had success in both roles. I also REALLY consider S Bubba Bolden, Miami, at this spot. But decide to roll the dice and see if I can snag a S with one of my 4ths.

4.128 | Bubba Bolden, S, Miami. Now, I have no clue if Bolden's stock actually stays this low. Tykee Smith, S, Georgia, and Smoke Monday, S, Auburn are also available and gains some consideration from me. But looking at the DB depth here, I'm confident I can find one of those 2 or a promising CB in this range.

4.132 | Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse. Williams is a good athlete who also is a physical tackler with a lot of energy and versatility. Nice scheme fit for the Chiefs and a good "clay" for Madison and co. to mold (Josh Jabe went in the top 80 in this mock. Sad).

5.172 | Zonovan Knight, RB, N.C. State. Knight is a roll of the dice at RB. He's got a second gear and good contact balance. Good return man, as well. Could be a really nice change of pace/complement to Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

7.240 | Mike Rose, LB, Iowa State. Rose is a smart guy with physical limitations, but he's good coming downhill and fighting through traffic and incredibly smart/savvy. Sounds like a perfect SAM LB to me.

7.245 | Kolby Harvell-Peel, S, Oklahoma State. Harvell-Peel is a good athlete and has some versatility, at a school that generally produces good secondary personnel.

Draft recap

I go risky in this one with my round 2 pick - taking a stab at a guy I believe can become a franchise LT with a year of quality NFL coaching. I like the upside I've added in this look at DE and the depth in the secondary (immediate Sorenson replacement who is a potential long-term SS; development CB; versatile S) and am really excited about the potential of Ojabo. Rose is someone I can plug in at SAM and get good initial production from for practically nothing (Just have to convince Spagnuolo not to overexpose him by trying to use him as a MIKE!). I really like the explosiveness of Romeo Doubs and Zonovan Knight.

I'd still come out of this draft needing to add a veteran DE (Melvin Ingram, hello) or 2 and needing a good veteran #2 WR while Doubs gets up to speed. But I think it keeps reloading at key spots.

In 2023, if Raimann is ready to handle LT like I project, I can now afford to move on from Orlando Brown at LT, or move him to the right side and handle my tackle positions for the forseeable future.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:37 PM 11-23-2021
Honestly would not surprise me to see the Chiefs drop a few picks to add an additional 4th & 5th.

The Chiefs do not have a 6th, however.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:21 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Honestly would not surprise me to see the Chiefs drop a few picks to add an additional 4th & 5th.

The Chiefs do not have a 6th, however.
They get the Ravens 6th as part of the Brown trade.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:57 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They get the Ravens 6th as part of the Brown trade.
The Chiefs entered the 2021 offseason with two 6ths lined up for 2022. One was their natural 6th round pick, the other was one we inherited from the Ravens for Orlando Brown.

One (never clarified which) was traded for Mike Hughes. The other (never clarified which) was traded for Melvin Ingram.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:29 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The Chiefs entered the 2021 offseason with two 6ths lined up for 2022. One was their natural 6th round pick, the other was one we inherited from the Ravens for Orlando Brown.

One (never clarified which) was traded for Mike Hughes. The other (never clarified which) was traded for Melvin Ingram.
LOL. I had already forgotten about the Hughes trade. My bad. The lack of clarification is probably why it isn't updated on the draft sites yet.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:28 AM 11-24-2021
I run mock drafts every morning while I properly caffeinate. I like a lot of those players, and have taken them myself many times although I'm not sure they'd be around where you've taken them. Everything from round 3 on I can't find those guys at those slots and have to take them a round earlier.
[Reply]
Up