ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Definitive Edition
Wallcrawler 01:50 PM 11-13-2021
Pretty happy with the purchase. Big blast of nostalgia with upgraded graphics and shooting controls.

Super fucking annoyed though, that for a so called "definitive edition" they failed to get the complete soundtracks to these games. More like an HD incomplete edition imo.

It's pretty jarring to experience the dead spots on the stations as well. Just really sucks because everything else is done so well. To have a company like R* that is swimming in cash, the fact that they wouldn't pay for the license rights to these missing songs to complete their again "definitive" edition is just inexcusable.

It's a cash grab, but it's a pretty damn good one if you can overlook the absolutely butchered soundtracks.

If you're a fan of the old GTA games, these are a helluva good time.
[Reply]
Fish 03:08 PM 11-17-2021
Make your car thicc...

[Reply]
tredadda 03:26 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Vice City was too short. But I loved the feel of the game.
This. I am a child of the 80s and it just brings me back to those days. Game play isn't as good as the newer ones, but it's still an amazing game.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:18 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Glad somebody is. They've managed to **** this up to Cyber Punk levels in terms of the shit wrong with the game except it's because they have no ambition whatsoever instead of too much. Thats actually impressive and a damning indictment of just how far R* has fallen.
Grove Street Games are responsible for this edition. They took a lazy AI upscale approach, and then nobody thought it would be a good idea to test and make sure everything went right. R* still released it, so they shoulder some blame, but this is a minor patch away from being perfectly fine.

It's nowhere near Cyberpunk lmmfgdao. If you played Cyberpunk on release, and played this, and can make ANY comparison between the two games, you got some issues.

Cyberpunk was a flat out broken, unplayable, pile of shit.

These games 95% function as they should.

There's some attention to detail that was overlooked in typos in the game, and a few intermittent wonky things, it's nowhere near the disaster that Cyberpunk was, and remains to be.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:00 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Grove Street Games are responsible for this edition. They took a lazy AI upscale approach, and then nobody thought it would be a good idea to test and make sure everything went right. R* still released it, so they shoulder some blame, but this is a minor patch away from being perfectly fine.

It's nowhere near Cyberpunk lmmfgdao. If you played Cyberpunk on release, and played this, and can make ANY comparison between the two games, you got some issues.

Cyberpunk was a flat out broken, unplayable, pile of shit.

These games 95% function as they should.

There's some attention to detail that was overlooked in typos in the game, and a few intermittent wonky things, it's nowhere near the disaster that Cyberpunk was, and remains to be.
They had to take it off PC because they were lazy and dumb enough to leave the developer notes, copywritten music, and hot coffee code in the game.

There's no possible way for this game to be as fundamentally broken as Cyberpunk was because this is a rerelease of their shitty mobile port onto consoles for full price. The fact it still has the issues it does, including game breaking issues, is arguably even worse than Cyberpunk.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:55 PM 11-19-2021
Having never played GTA 3 or San Andreas and only played about 2 hours of Vice City... I think I might just buy this to play it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:43 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Having never played GTA 3 or San Andreas and only played about 2 hours of Vice City... I think I might just buy this to play it.
Oh, man. You missed out.

Those three might legit make my top 25 video games of all-time. Well, San Andreas and Vice City probably would anyway. GTA 3 was a great breakthrough for the series and the experience of playing it for the first time was pretty magical.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up