ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 377 of 382
« First < 277327367373374375376377 378379380381 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kstater 04:30 PM 09-15-2023
Pro tip: Don't go to the liquor store after reading this thread when planning on getting 1 sixer and a NA for the pregnant wife...end up spending way more than planned.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:58 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
A couple years back, City Barrel hired a head brewer named Trevor that had previously been at KCBC (King's County Brewing Collective from New York). Dude seriously knew his shit and taught the City Barrel guys quite a few tricks to accent what they'd already gotten good at. Before the City Barrel guys could really lock him down, the Strange Days folks fired their head brewer and offered Trevor the head brewer spot and an ownership stake. Can't blame him for taking it.

He has done well. The beers are fire.

But yes, they love their funky ass glassware. And Trevor is an awesome dude. They curate a fun space down in the River Market too.
Great info

I've had a few KCBC beers (IPAs) and they were all solid

I'm all about the glassware just had to do a double take when I saw some recent Strange Days posts but now I get it
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:01 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Speaking of heaters

Tripping Animals/Parish collab Animals In the Machine is fire

On tap at the Barn in Gilbert
Hmm, 40 miles away, might have to grab some.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:03 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Hmm, 40 miles away, might have to grab some.
Bring your laptop. Be nice to not be the only one in there at 11:30am haha
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:04 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
Pro tip: Don't go to the liquor store after reading this thread when planning on getting 1 sixer and a NA for the pregnant wife...end up spending way more than planned.

Haha... the Strawberry Cheesecake is fairly subtle for a WeldWerks, but still very good. Still need to find the fresh batch.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:06 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Bring your laptop. Be nice to not be the only one in there at 11:30am haha
Ha, I was not specific... the beer is 40 miles from me, which is currently approximately ~2300 miles away from you and Beer Barn.

I'll be much closer in a few months though!
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:09 PM 09-15-2023
Ha, I was not specific... the beer is 40 miles from me, which is currently approximately ~2300 miles away from you and Beer Barn.

I'll be much closer in a few months though!
:-) on my part

I don't know if its 40 miles good unless there's some other offerings you're interested in tbh
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:18 PM 09-15-2023
Had a 10% fruited sour by Barreled Souls... very similar to a Drekker, but can definitely tell it has some weight to it.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/36073/516151/

Also tried Prairie's Peanut Butter Jelly Squeeze, partly due to what must be the worst rating I've ever seen on beeradvocate (outside of looking up random stuff that I know is awful)... and for a Prairie beer, much less.

I didn't think it was nearly that bad... there are a few other good ratings for it. Got some peanut butter, it was good.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/598807/

Originally Posted by :
1.36/5 rDev -60.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1
The most disgusting beer I have ever had. I am so sorry to the brewers of this beer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made this beer as an April's Fool joke. A good friend of mine who's the manager of a local store, saved one for me to try it to see what I thought. He told me that the 'Peanut Butter And Jelly Squeeze!' was the worst beer he ever had. But wanted to know my honest opinion.

It is really hideous, it tastes like a spoiled peanut butter and jelly sandwich, quite sour but hard to swallow because of the disgusting flavor and it feels like a peanut butter and jelly diluted juice with alcohol. The only one thing that is not bad, is the look of it because it looks like a nice and accurate purpleish red as if it was made to look like jelly juice.

Other than that, I would recommend you to buy just so you can too try the worst beer you will ever have or as a prank for your buddies. You can tell them that this is the best beet you ever had and then: April's Fool!

Yikes! Worst beer ever made. Sorry brewers! I bet you had the best intention when you created it.

[Reply]
kstater 05:25 PM 09-15-2023
Haha... the Strawberry Cheesecake is fairly subtle for a WeldWerks, but still very good. Still need to find the fresh batch.
I think I've had it before. I know I've had several of theirs

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:33 AM 09-19-2023
Wichita is now getting Jester King! Picked up a bunch at Jacobs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:19 PM 09-22-2023
This sounds amazing, hopefully it's a broader release at some point.

It’s *officially* cozy season.

Our latest Brewhouse One Release: Triple Double Coconut goes on sale in our Tours & Rec Center gift shop starting at 12pm today. Secure this warm and toasty beer (just in time for sweater weather) in 4-packs for $24.99. 🥥🧥🍻 pic.twitter.com/kc74IJHoqg

— BLVDTOURSANDREC (@blvdtoursandrec) September 21, 2023

[Reply]
phisherman 07:01 PM 09-22-2023
This sounds amazing, hopefully it's a broader release at some point.

That beer will never see distribution. No Brewhouse One beer ever has, at least in the same year it was released. The Brewhouse One bottles are all pretty small releases in Boulevard terms, not near enough to see any markets outside of KC.

That being said, if you want some, I'm going to head over the brewery tomorrow to see if they still have some. If you want some, I can send you a 4 pack; just need you to pay for materials and shipping. Shoot me a PM if you want.

$24.99 plus tax per 4 pack.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:27 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
That beer will never see distribution. No Brewhouse One beer ever has, at least in the same year it was released. The Brewhouse One bottles are all pretty small releases in Boulevard terms, not near enough to see any markets outside of KC.

That being said, if you want some, I'm going to head over the brewery tomorrow to see if they still have some. If you want some, I can send you a 4 pack; just need you to pay for materials and shipping. Shoot me a PM if you want.

$24.99 plus tax per 4 pack.
Thanks for the offer! I was glancing through untapp'd reviews, which aren't often a great barometer, but several mentions of how little coconut there is in the beer, and mentions of 'about a BCBS'.

I looked up shipping from KC and it's like $30, so at that point it's ~$60 for a 4 pack.

If I was in town, I'd probably pay the $5 for a pour, but I've got some of my own $12 bottles of Prairie to sip through, so think I've talked myself out of it.

I'll keep you (and Graystoke) in mind though... and if you want anything from the NE area, I'm up here for another month (of course, it wouldn't be the freshest IPA ever once shipped).
[Reply]
phisherman 08:28 PM 09-22-2023
I'm pretty sure that I could ship a 4 pack wherever in the US for under $15. The typical rate for me to ship 8 16oz cans is around $13.
[Reply]
Sam Hall 02:14 PM 09-23-2023
Has anyone seen Ayinger Oktoberfest around town? I've had no luck in Lee's Summit.
[Reply]
Page 377 of 382
« First < 277327367373374375376377 378379380381 > Last »
Up